Xavier's Board

moytoy12

Went over to the X board to see what they thought of SLU. What a welcome change from most of the folks over on SIU-c's board. Although they expect X to win, and objectively speaking, who wouldn't, they are generally pretty classy with their comments.

Speaking of Xavier, what's up w/ C.J. Anderson? His freshman and sophomore years he averaged like 17 and 18 ppg and had monster minutes. Then didn't play the following year, and the last two years is just kind of middling around 10 ppg. Did he have a serious injury or did Xavier just elevate their talent that much? Really makes you wonder how Lisch and Liddell would do on a team so evenly balanced talent-wise.

Speaking of Xavier, what's up w/ C.J. Anderson? His freshman and sophomore years he averaged like 17 and 18 ppg and had monster minutes. Then didn't play the following year, and the last two years is just kind of middling around 10 ppg. Did he have a serious injury or did Xavier just elevate their talent that much? Really makes you wonder how Lisch and Liddell would do on a team so evenly balanced talent-wise.

He's a local Cincinnati kid but played his first two years at Manhattan before transferring home to play at Xavier. Needless to say, Manhattan didn't have the depth that Xavier has had recently.

As far as the Xavier board goes, I can't say I check it out very often. But in person, the fans are pretty similar to SLU fans, just a little more numerous and passionate, with good reason. I go to most of the home games because my girlfriend's family has season tickets and have had some pretty good conversations with their fans about Xavier, SLU, and hoops in general. The seemingly unanimous consensus is that SLU-Xavier should be a home-and-home every year, no questions asked. Most of them don't seem content in the A10 but aren't going anywhere unless the conferences reshuffle and a better opportunity comes along (sounds familiar). I've found Xavier fans to be knowledgable, loyal, and good hosts. I've seen SLU played there a few times now and even worn my SLU stocking cap to a few non-SLU games, and people always are friendly and not obnoxious- last week I got a "Yeah, SLU! Can't wait for that game!" when I wore it.

All in all, I'd say they have a classy fan base so the respect they show SLU on the board doesn't surprise me. It's refreshing to encounter that after seeing the comments of some of our other potential rivals (I won't name names).

And I can't wait for Thursday's game. I'll give as detailed a rundown as I can on Friday. Will anyone else be there?

He's a local Cincinnati kid but played his first two years at Manhattan before transferring home to play at Xavier. Needless to say, Manhattan didn't have the depth that Xavier has had recently.

As far as the Xavier board goes, I can't say I check it out very often. But in person, the fans are pretty similar to SLU fans, just a little more numerous and passionate, with good reason. I go to most of the home games because my girlfriend's family has season tickets and have had some pretty good conversations with their fans about Xavier, SLU, and hoops in general. The seemingly unanimous consensus is that SLU-Xavier should be a home-and-home every year, no questions asked. Most of them don't seem content in the A10 but aren't going anywhere unless the conferences reshuffle and a better opportunity comes along (sounds familiar). I've found Xavier fans to be knowledgable, loyal, and good hosts. I've seen SLU played there a few times now and even worn my SLU stocking cap to a few non-SLU games, and people always are friendly and not obnoxious- last week I got a "Yeah, SLU! Can't wait for that game!" when I wore it.

All in all, I'd say they have a classy fan base so the respect they show SLU on the board doesn't surprise me. It's refreshing to encounter that after seeing the comments of some of our other potential rivals (I won't name names).

And I can't wait for Thursday's game. I'll give as detailed a rundown as I can on Friday. Will anyone else be there?

I'm trying to find 3 student tickets to use to go to the game. We have one already. 20 bucks is just a little too much for college students to pay per ticket, but I might just cough it up anyway. GO BILLS!

Went over to the X board to see what they thought of SLU. What a welcome change from most of the folks over on SIU-c's board. Although they expect X to win, and objectively speaking, who wouldn't, they are generally pretty classy with their comments.

Thanks for the compliments (if you're talking about XH, it's my site).

I really wish the A10 would wisen up and make XU-SLU a permanent home and home.

Thanks for the compliments (if you're talking about XH, it's my site).

I really wish the A10 would wisen up and make XU-SLU a permanent home and home.

Nice site, Xfactor. Looks like you guys have multiple options, with yours and Musketeer Madness- is there much crossover between members?

As for your second comment, it should be a no-brainer for anyone in charge of the league. The vast majority of fans on both sides agree on this. SLU, Xavier, and Dayton should all be playing each other twice a year, regardless of who the third opponent is for each.

Nice site, Xfactor. Looks like you guys have multiple options, with yours and Musketeer Madness- is there much crossover between members?

As for your second comment, it should be a no-brainer for anyone in charge of the league. The vast majority of fans on both sides agree on this. SLU, Xavier, and Dayton should all be playing each other twice a year, regardless of who the third opponent is for each.

Agree. For that 3rd opponent, I love to see Charlotte. At least with them we have CUSA relation.

what you all are missing or afraid to say, is that the A-10 isnt all that stupid. they know the more that xu, dayton and slu bond the more likely they are to partner if and when the next conference shuffle happens. i am actually surprised they let em play each other as much as they do now.

what you all are missing or afraid to say, is that the A-10 isnt all that stupid. they know the more that xu, dayton and slu bond the more likely they are to partner if and when the next conference shuffle happens. i am actually surprised they let em play each other as much as they do now.

Roy you give them way too much credit. They are not that bright.

I'll second the notion that Xavier and St. Louis should migrate to having a much closer relationship in hoops.

You guys add significant value to this league. Too bad it is offset by the likes of LosSalle. I believe it isn't about "IF" another realignment is coming, but "WHEN" it will come.

Two classy Jesuit schools should stick together and learn to hate each other two days a year, while otherwise relieving themselves on UD's mascot.

I'm trying to find 3 student tickets to use to go to the game. We have one already. 20 bucks is just a little too much for college students to pay per ticket, but I might just cough it up anyway. GO BILLS!

I got some tickets! So there will be at least 3 blue crew kids there. Luckily we are loud.

Also, we are going on the admission office's tab, so that means free food before the game. And that I get to recruit new kids to SLU. Nothing better.

GO BILLS!

I got some tickets! So there will be at least 3 blue crew kids there. Luckily we are loud.

Also, we are going on the admission office's tab, so that means free food before the game. And that I get to recruit new kids to SLU. Nothing better.

GO BILLS!

Did they hook you up with good seats?

Uh... Musketeermadness was the only site for a very long time. I actually started that site about 1.5 years ago I believe. I know many of the XH posters are former MM posters, and there's a little bit of a cross-over.

I'm just excited for a good conference basketball game.

Uh... Musketeermadness was the only site for a very long time. I actually started that site about 1.5 years ago I believe. I know many of the XH posters are former MM posters, and there's a little bit of a cross-over.

this could be the gayest thread i have ever seen.

why don't we all just join hands at midcourt, sing kumbaya, and then have an emotional, tear-filled heart to heart about our troubled relationships with our parents growing up.

do you all really think this type of pussyfooting around goes on between michigan/ohio st. fan boards? or how about duke/unc? or what about auburn/alabama?

SCREW THAT. XU can suck my left....

I HATE XAVIER. go SLU.

Both are solid boards. Good luck tomorrow night. I'm going with three lifelong XU fans and I'm just hoping SLU can stop XU from getting out to a quick start. Digging ourselves out of a hole against NC A&T is one thing, but XU's rotation is deeper than our roster so we could have issues if we get behind early or in foul trouble.

I'm looking forward to the matchups with the bigs: Reed and Thompson vs. Frease and Love. The PGs are young, so that could be interesting, too. Should be a good game.

By the way, does anyone know what the line on this game is?

Roy. While I would hope you are correct, SLU's history has shown the opposite. After leaving the MCC, SLU completely stopped playing X and while we played UD, it was infrequent. Similarly, since Conf USA disbanded, I doubt we have played anyone from that conference other than DePaul this year in a Tournament and Charlotte (b/c they are in our new conference). SLU has not only jumped from conference to conference over the years but we have also turned our backs on our "friends."

while we played UD, it was infrequent.

I thought Dayton came with us to the Great Midwest Conference. A big mistake was when we went to CUSA we did not advocate for Dayton to come along. Instead we got all those 'want-to-be' big time football schools (USM, USF, ECU, etc..) with weak basketball traditions. We did play Dayton every year throughout our years in CUSA.

this could be the gayest thread i have ever seen.

why don't we all just join hands at midcourt, sing kumbaya, and then have an emotional, tear-filled heart to heart about our troubled relationships with our parents growing up.

do you all really think this type of pussyfooting around goes on between michigan/ohio st. fan boards? or how about duke/unc? or what about auburn/alabama?

SCREW THAT. XU can suck my left....

I HATE XAVIER. go SLU.

There you go! Baby steps. Building a successful rivalry one insult at a time.

Please contact the following to have your left thing sucked (asked to be connected to the ghetto):

University of Dayton

300 College Park

Dayton, OH 45469

Phone: 937-229-1000

E-mail: [email protected]

Roy. While I would hope you are correct, SLU's history has shown the opposite. After leaving the MCC, SLU completely stopped playing X and while we played UD, it was infrequent. Similarly, since Conf USA disbanded, I doubt we have played anyone from that conference other than DePaul this year in a Tournament and Charlotte (b/c they are in our new conference). SLU has not only jumped from conference to conference over the years but we have also turned our backs on our "friends."

I don't agree with that at all.

We played Dayton every year after they left the Great Midwest/CUSA for the A-10. I believe we were contractually obligated to do so because of them leaving the Great Midwest.

We would love to continue palying home and homes with Depaul, Marquette, Cinci, Louisville, Memphis etc. but it takes two to tango. Its not us turning our backs on those guys, its those guys turning their backs on us.

I'm a little young to remember the history when we left the MCC, but others on here have stated that Xavier held some ill-will when we left them high and dry to join a conference with Dayton and their cross-town rival that wouldn't let them join the Great Midwest. I don't think Xavier wanted anything to do with us for a while.

I don't see any value in playing the Nascar portion of CUSA, except for maybe UAB. We recently played a home and home with Houston.