When will the new roster come out

Dungeon Yankee

listing all the players with their new (true) heights and weights? BTW, is there anyone on this board who thinks Chase Daniel is really 6' tall. I say at best 5'11" and probably 5'10"

who is chase daniel? is he a walkon?

Wow, RM has shrunk the team again - KM listed at 5-10; Reed - 6-9; Thompson - 6-10; John - 6 -2; Cassitty - 6-3, Tommie is down to 6-4... on the plus side, apparently Barry's offseason work has paid off because he has grown to 6-7!

I checked around and BE is listed at 6'6" on the StLtoday site. The rest are the same.

yep. word on the street is that he is a good passer and sets up others with pin point accuracy. However, he doesn't score very much or play any defense.

lisch daniel will have his hands full with chase daniel. they'll probably neutralize each other to form a whole new player, "lisch chase". which is one of my hobbies, peculiarly enough.

I saw Kwamain Mitchell and Willie Reed walking around at the soccer game Saturday night. I saw them from somewhat of a distance, but their heights listed on the roster look about right. I remember thinking that Mitchell was short, even though he was walking next to Reed, who was tall, but not necessarily the height that comes with being right around 7'0''.

I'm sorry but saying that these are the "true heights" when it's already been established that RM likes to monkey with the heights is just silly. Kyle Cassity will tower over any 6'3 guard that he defends, "5-10" Kwamain Mitchell will look 6'0 guards right in the eye, etc.

I agree. I think everyone of those listings is a least one inch under the players actually height. Cassity is at least 6'5" and Femi is more than two inches taller than me.

If Kwamain is really 5'10, was Polk really 5'9, or was he shorter than that?

Polk was about 5'6 on a good day. Maybe 5'7.

Dwayne Polk definitely isn't any taller than 5'7", if that. I'm tallker than he is, and I'm 5'8.5".

Also, I've stood next to both Melvin Robinson and Bryce Husak, and there's no way the Big Chill is any 7'. He's about 6'9".

I agree. I think everyone of those listings is a least one inch under the players actually height. Cassity is at least 6'5" and Femi is more than two inches taller than me.

hmm, last year i read how BE was listed too tall at 6'7''. now the implication is that his 6'6" listing is too short. this kind of stuff could lead a man to drink!!

Does height matter? I mean, height in terms of this conversation ---- one inch or so? Having game will negate the height issue in my book. Spud Webb could play. PeeWee Lenard could play. Mugsy Bogues could play. Dwayne Polk was severely overmatched.

Height definitely matters when a 5'8 kid goes from being a 40%+ three point shooter in high school to losing confidence in his shot altogether. A reasonably athletic 6'4 kid can still score by going to the basket. A 5'8 kid just gets stuffed.

Spud Webb wasn't a three point shooter but he was a good 15 foot jump shooter. Same with Mugsy Bogues. When you're really short, it's a shot you absolutely have to have.

Allow me to disagree. And also talk about player ratings. the chosen example: Drew Deiner. If I recall, he had some nice reviews in his high school days. Gym rat. Son of a coach. Good hops. Great shooter. Am I correct? Gets to college, is slower than molasses with an even slower release. believe he was in the 6'4" range. Had no real foot speed and COULD NOT score going to the basket. Maybe he was just not reasonably athletic as your post states. I would think having a D1 basketball scholarship offer of any sort means you are reasonably athletic but I can accept disagreement on that as well. Drew Deiner was that roster's version of Dwayne Polk ---- namely not an offensive option meaning we played four-on-five on that end of the floor again.

Allow me also to agree. Losing confidence is certainly a huge issue. When and why its lost can probably be attested to many things. Our center on our high school team was 6'2". Guarnteed he goes into D1 levels and playing as a 4 or 5 is 99.99% impossilbe. Unless you get lucky and have four bombers on the floor to open things in the interior up (see Dobbs, Donnie). The step up between levels is enormous. Courtside spoke of it in another thread discussing Kevin Lisch's freshman year. Maybe the 5'8" kid ran around, over and through kids at the high school level. Maybe he didn'thave a point guard game to begin with. I really don't see inches mattering in confidence. It can be a minor part of it, but not the sole reason. I think its an avalanche at that point ---- once confidence begins to sputter, the whole house caves in.

I think Dwayne Polk was also smart enough to try and find other ways to contribute to the team. Speed. Defense. Hustle. Leadership. Whatever. It just couldn't overcompensate for his shortcomings overall. Which were amplified by the fact that the overall talent on the team was lacking. That's a snow ball as well. Kid with no confidence is forced to take the big shot? I don't think that is going in at all. Talent can play no matter the height.