Chaifetz - New Seats

I did seat selection this afternoon at 3:28. I got 8 seats in section 115 some 15 rows from the court and off to the side in the gold section. They are reasonably good seats but no where close to my first permanent row seats behind the Billiken bench at the Scottrade. I will give it a year and see. I may move to cheaper seats or give up my tickets entirely. There was some, but not a lot , of difference between the seats I picked and the red seats just across the isle, but a cost difference of $2,000. There were a lot of untaken seats in the Loyal Blue section for the $2,500 donation seats. A guess is that about half of them were reserved. It will be interesting to see what they do if they end up with a lot of unsold seats in that section. It will also be interesting to see how many patrons they will have in the club because of restricting it only to the top donors, of which there may not be sufficient numbers. I thought the whole process was very well handled and went smoothly. I was pleased that Kevin Lisch and Koshay Irby were our helpers. That was nice. Kevin is such a nice kid. Great ambassador for the University. I met Chris May and he seemed very nice.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did seat selection this afternoon at 3:28. I got 8 seats in section 115 some 15 rows from the court and off to the side in the gold section. They are reasonably good seats but no where close to my first permanent row seats behind the Billiken bench at the Scottrade. I will give it a year and see. I may move to cheaper seats or give up my tickets entirely. There was some, but not a lot , of difference between the seats I picked and the red seats just across the isle, but a cost difference of $2,000. There were a lot of untaken seats in the Loyal Blue section for the $2,500 donation seats. A guess is that about half of them were reserved. It will be interesting to see what they do if they end up with a lot of unsold seats in that section. It will also be interesting to see how many patrons they will have in the club because of restricting it only to the top donors, of which there may not be sufficient numbers. I thought the whole process was very well handled and went smoothly. I was pleased that Kevin Lisch and Koshay Irby were our helpers. That was nice. Kevin is such a nice kid. Great ambassador for the University. I met Chris May and he seemed very nice.

once you hit $10,000 in BC contributions I believe you get in Lorenzini; so if you have a history and buy 8 tickets in gold at $400 in contributions per year in three years add $9600 to whatever you had before and you'll be in.

If you picked at 3 PM today you already have about 5,000 points or maybe 6,000 and next year you will just pony up a few hundred to buy salmon dinner for $27 or steak au poivre for $35 take customers and write it off untill you get audited

for $2000 donors Margp said there will be an equivalent to the coaches corner with pre game hors d'oevres in a special bar area

I hope that is right. I was under the impression that only those who buy tickets at the $3,500 or $2,500 gift level are given access. I saw the menu and prices. They may have even fewer people then I expected or quickly change their approach. I drive over an hour to the games and have enjoyed being able to make it an event with a nice meal and then the game. I have taken both clients and employees and they have all enjoyed it. I will be eating elsewhere before going to the game more than likely. It really it a wonderful facility, something we have needed for a long time, and many of us will have to adjust a little. That is life.

it appears blue and gold are both about 60% filled, so far

That sucks. I'm in the low 400s and don't pick until June 16. I'm put in for the gold seats, but it doesn't sound like there's going to be any left. I've had tickets since 84 and have always had good seats around the foul line 18 to 20 rows off the court at the arena and both Kiels. Now that doesn't sound possible at twice the price. What do they do if they fill all the golds and still have takers left, just expand the section? If they screw me too much, I'll just go for the cheapies.

I hope that is right. I was under the impression that only those who buy tickets at the $3,500 or $2,500 gift level are given access. I saw the menu and prices. They may have even fewer people then I expected or quickly change their approach. I drive over an hour to the games and have enjoyed being able to make it an event with a nice meal and then the game. I have taken both clients and employees and they have all enjoyed it. I will be eating elsewhere before going to the game more than likely. It really it a wonderful facility, something we have needed for a long time, and many of us will have to adjust a little. That is life.

Leaving Chaifetz, If you go South on Compton across bridge and about a mile turn left , then about a mile East on Chouteau you come to the Lafayette Square neighborhood; you will find rooftop dining at Vin de Set on Chouteau; a little further is The Gast Haus which has a big beer selection on draft and German Food or turn right on to 1111 Mississippi, then on Park Ave Arcelia's Mexican, Ricardo's Italian, also Soda Fountain Square, The Chocholate Bar, Square One Brewery, Sqwires and a wine bar whose name escapes me at the moment

1111 and Sqwires have both been perrenial top ten or best new restaurants in RFT Sqwires is the older of the two and is about 18th and Park

To get the equivalent of what I've had in the past, I would have had to purchase gold. However, I could get 2 green seats for the price of one gold, so that's what I did - 1st row behind the gold seats in 117 - close to the action, but in a corner, with the seats turned properly to the court. There were still a lot of excellent gold, red, and green seats available. For example, 1st row red, center court were still available on both sides. Got there early, and had free snacks - pretty good, and a free Schlafly beer. They had basketballs on the court and you could shoot if you wanted to. I hit from the new 3 line, the old 3 line (now used by the ladies) and a bunch of fts. Lots of fun for me. Scott Highmark was shooting at the same time. There was a slight time lag, but it's well organized. I think the vast majority of ticket buyers will be happy with the choices available. Caveat: while the letter says use the NW entrance, they don't mean the one where you will enter for the games; they mean the double secret one off the parking lot level.

billikan, tell me about the other people in your cartel. are they going to get seats? if so did they go to the end of the line as they should have or did they join forces with another high ranking acct and then picked ahead of the rest of us?

my suspicion is that by breaking up the cartels the folks that lost out of one group found someone else to partner with and those of us that have been paying extra for years to move up are going to end up worse than before. that would really suck.

Roy might be a little paranoid here, but it's not like SLU hasn't screwed long time fans in the past. This whole idea of "be thankful for the new building and don't complain" line is b.s. If long-time donors are getting worse seats, it's unfair.

Nothing is wrong with me - all I did was tell you what the letter said. For some reason you think that you can decide to make the rules for yourself regardless of who is in charge. If having the kids with you is such a problem then don't bring them. I guess another thought is that they would probably let you into the arena lobby which is air conditioned but you don't have to bring them into the selection process - one of you can stay with them. This is a silly discussion - all I said was people should follow the rules and you want to not follow the rules and write your own. If you were invited somewhere and the invitation only included you and your wife why would you think you can bring your kids?

Ok, First please point out where on the "official notification" letter does it talk about this limit. I've yet to see it. Second: why on earth would such a limitation be necessary? Third, this is not a cocktail party. It is seat selection for the one recurring sporting event my family attends. I want their input and desire their company.

Perhaps you have no children or perhaps your children are not well mannered.

Ok, First please point out where on the "official notification" letter does it talk about this limit. I've yet to see it. Second: why on earth would such a limitation be necessary? Third, this is not a cocktail party. It is seat selection for the one recurring sporting event my family attends. I want their input and desire their company.

First of all, I apparently was going off of something I was told in a conversation so I stand corrected on the letter - I also looked back and did not find it. Second, my children are grown and were well behaved at least I have been told that. Third, I am glad your children are well behaved. Finally, my comment was simply based on what I thought I had read.

As I posted yesterday morning, groups of 4 and 5 were in the building looking for seats. So, I think there is NO issue about more than one or two people going in for the selection.

-i picked yesterday and thought the entire process was very, very well handled by the U - i was impressed

-i was told there are no selection dates next week, so if you pick on june 16 you are picking the day after those picking june 6

-i met chris may, briefly, seemed to be a good guy

-not to look too far ahead, but the next round of bitching about seats will be in 3 years when they can rearrange!!!!

-there was a guy there who seemed to be getting upset as he said he did not know bclub points were the determinant for selection ranking

-now this guy was clearly in the top 200 based on his selection time and he was getting mad because he could not get his same seats

-i thought it was sad and funny at the same time about this guy

-you know, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy the tickets, just walk away, like i think this guy did

and a wine bar whose name escapes me at the moment

The wine bar is called 33. Its a real relaxed place with a great wine selection, they have a nice patio in the back. I was actually there on monday night after dinner at Sqwires. Great night.

First of all, I apparently was going off of something I was told in a conversation so I stand corrected on the letter - I also looked back and did not find it. Second, my children are grown and were well behaved at least I have been told that. Third, I am glad your children are well behaved. Finally, my comment was simply based on what I thought I had read.

Sorry for getting pissy. I don't usually flout rules with casual disregard as I probably sounded like earlier.

Roy, when was the last time you looked at the online virtual tour? The first row of red seats is basecally the 7th or 8th row so apparently you expected to be the very first one to pick red seats when you selected at 337. Otherwise, you just set your expectations way to high and are going to end up disapointed.

http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/saint_louis_un...ity/basketball/

Hopefully you really don't believe the ONLY reason you've donated money the past 20 years was so that you could get a primo seat in a new stadium. There are plenty of other benefits of BC membership that you have enjoyed over the years so don't act like you got nothing.

i meant the 8 row of the red seats. i know there is a section of yellow in front of the corner red.

actually i could have and would have only paid the billiken club minimum if not for the carrot of improving my number to advance my seats.

-i was told there are no selection dates next week, so if you pick on june 16 you are picking the day after those picking june 6

The original letter showed 2 days this week for the first 300 to pick. That would have been Tuesday and Wednesday. However, the letter also gave the dates as the 4th and 5th. So, does anyone know how many days this week seat selection will take place? Is it over or will people be picking today and tomorrow?

The original letter showed 2 days this week for the first 300 to pick. That would have been Tuesday and Wednesday. However, the letter also gave the dates as the 4th and 5th. So, does anyone know how many days this week seat selection will take place? Is it over or will people be picking today and tomorrow?

-i think they said there are appointments this week until 6pm friday

billikan, tell me about the other people in your cartel. are they going to get seats? if so did they go to the end of the line as they should have or did they join forces with another high ranking acct and then picked ahead of the rest of us?

my suspicion is that by breaking up the cartels the folks that lost out of one group found someone else to partner with and those of us that have been paying extra for years to move up are going to end up worse than before. that would really suck.

They were moved to the back of the line and then were visited by Wright who said they could move up if they made a big donation. Two of them made big donations and moved up--not as far as me but high enough to get seats close to mine. This is a perfect example of how this process worked to bring in some big dollars!

Roy might be a little paranoid here, but it's not like SLU hasn't screwed long time fans in the past. This whole idea of "be thankful for the new building and don't complain" line is b.s. If long-time donors are getting worse seats, it's unfair.

I think the fact of life for this arena is that we needed a lot of people to step up and make big donations in order to make this happen. Those big time donors moved up the list. The last time we did this I was number 13 and this time I was in the 50s. The result was that I got 4 fantastic blue seats but have to pay $10k a year for those and I got 8 golds that are not as good as the seats I had at Scotttrade. That number is just enough to cover my family with no seats for friends. They had to go out and donate money to move up the list and they did so. In terms of creating the revenue to make this happen the system has worked and the seat selection process is very professional.

I think the fact of life for this arena is that we needed a lot of people to step up and make big donations in order to make this happen. Those big time donors moved up the list. The last time we did this I was number 13 and this time I was in the 50s. The result was that I got 4 fantastic blue seats but have to pay $10k a year for those and I got 8 golds that are not as good as the seats I had at Scotttrade. That number is just enough to cover my family with no seats for friends. They had to go out and donate money to move up the list and they did so. In terms of creating the revenue to make this happen the system has worked and the seat selection process is very professional.

billikan, i have no problem with those that stepped up. i am very thankful for them and have absolutely no animosity for those folks only compliments. i think that was the intention of the 8 seat limit.

my complaint is those that just switched cartels and just moved to someone else to buy their seats for them. that is what i think brian is talking about when he said we shouldnt have been allowed to increase our seat total until all existing accts had picked first.

How did you end up getting to purchase 12 tickets? I appreciate what you are giving to the program, but I thought the limit was 8.

How did you end up getting to purchase 12 tickets? I appreciate what you are giving to the program, but I thought the limit was 8.

i think all along the rule was if you bought a certain number of the front blue seats you could buy a total of 12 seats.

its 8 total gold, red or green. The letter says you can also buy an additional 4 blue ($2500 or $3500). Thus it is possible to buy 12.

i think all along the rule was if you bought a certain number of the front blue seats you could buy a total of 12 seats.

That makes sense. I didn't really remember that part, but then again I am not able to shell out $2,500 or $3,500 a seat.