Seat Selection - Anyone increase their standings

Curious if anyone actually increased their standings. Not looking for personal info or the amount of your monetary donations, but seems like everyone who has posted so far has seen their selection number decrease - despite increasing their number of points - some quite significantly. Obviously, many people had to improving their ranking. Anyone move ahead simply by joining the Billiken Club?

Curious if anyone actually increased their standings. Not looking for personal info or the amount of your monetary donations, but seems like everyone who has posted so far has seen their selection number decrease - despite increasing their number of points - some quite significantly. Obviously, many people had to improving their ranking. Anyone move ahead simply by joining the Billiken Club?

I increased my ranking, mostly because my points increased enough to offset the new BC members.

I kind of doubt you'll hear too many regulars on this board say they moved ahead simply by joining the Billiken Club because

1) the long term season ticket holders (i.e. old fans) that benefited from joining think the internet is just a fad.

2) most of the regulars on this board that have been season ticket holders for any length of time already are BC members.

Here's my rankings over the last 3 seasons

2005-06 (non-Billiken Club member) - Ranked 1633

2006-07( Billiken Club member) - Ranked 658

2007-08 (Billiken Club member) - Ranked 851

Dropped 193 spots in the latest go around.

I'm not a big donor, alumni, etc and only gave the minimum to the Billiken Club, mainly for the purpose of improving my seat selection status at the C.

My bad, I went from 408 to 488.

I think the reason everybody dropped is the Billiken Club increased their universe. I don't know the details but I think sponsors like Lou Fusz got swapped out Billiken Club points for their contributions in kind. I f he was giving 2 cars to the athletic dept for their use he got points etc. In the long run it doesn't make any difference if sponsors are included in the Billiken Club or they hold out prime seats to begin with.

I only dropped ten points to just over 100 which does not sound too bad except that my 2007 and 2008 were pretty significant, at least for me. I am not upset at all; just surprised. It makes me think that there were some REALLY significant donations made in the last 12 months. That is good for the school so I am not going to complain.

Appreciate the input. I had been a BC member for several years but let it drop a few years ago. Also, I had been purchasing tickets under my father's name. I therefore went from nothing - no number/no letter to 807 - following my re-joining the BC and recent donations.

Appreciate the input. I had been a BC member for several years but let it drop a few years ago. Also, I had been purchasing tickets under my father's name. I therefore went from nothing - no number/no letter to 807 - following my re-joining the BC and recent donations.

Does anyone know how many accounts there are? In the past they told us our standing among "approximately xxx Accounts." I didn't notice that on the recent notice. It would be helpful to know about where you stand. 800 out of 900 isn't too good but 800 out of 3000 is pretty good.

Does anyone know how many accounts there are? In the past they told us our standing among "approximately xxx Accounts." I didn't notice that on the recent notice. It would be helpful to know about where you stand. 800 out of 900 isn't too good but 800 out of 3000 is pretty good.

I know of someone who has 6 points and is slightly over #2000 -- #2012 or #2026 I believe is their rank. My guess would be about 2050 groups. Seem to recall Margo told me there were approximately 1850 groups or so 1 year ago.

I went from 630 to 746. I have 99 points.

went from 169 in 2003-4 to 164 approximately with points going from 394 to 508.25 and one year I purposely gave the minimum on Billiken Club

because I did not need another sweater or scarf or hat. However, in a subsequent year I bought a brick and went back to the $600 level for BC; so it would take $5,000 plus to bump me. I think anything under 300 is going to be really good seats. There are 4 sections with 18 rows of 18 wide seats.

That means really good seats for the first 1700 or so. My old cartel may drop from 12 to 8 with the new prices 3 couples may share 8 seats in gold instead of 12 so fewer friends and family are going to freeload. That will be a shame as one of my regulars just reciprocated with dinner and symphony

tickets to hear/sea Carl Orf's Carmina Barana-it was a really moving night. Kind of like a triple overtime with drinks and dessert at 1111 in Lafayette Square afterwards.

If you are really big like RM you may want to consider the Blue Table as the other seats are as narrow as old Busch Stadium

I added 23 points and my ranking dropped by 140 spots. Now I'm at 775.

I also added some additional points and I dropped 127 spots from 601 to 728. I have 108 points.

I am banking on the average ticket holder selecting less than 3 seats per account and thus I would end up getting around the 2000th best seat in the house. I could live with that.

I also added some additional points and I dropped 127 spots from 601 to 728. I have 108 points.

I am banking on the average ticket holder selecting less than 3 seats per account and thus I would end up getting around the 2000th best seat in the house. I could live with that.

If I were you I would bank on 4 seats not less than 3. The good news is they are limiting the cartels to 6 seats - I think - not the unlimited # they could buy before.

Based upon an approximate amount of ticket holders (2000) and based upon someone else posting that total season tickets have dropped to approximately 6,000, that would be 3 seats per ticket holder. That, however, would be an average which can be misleading in that I doubt 8 seats will be bought by any ticket holder with a rank above 400. For instance, the first 500 accounts are more likely to average 4 seats per account while the last 500 accounts are more likely to average 2 seats per account. Therefore, Kappy, I'd guess that 2,912 seats (728 x 4 seats), or more, will be taken before you. Hope I'm wrong in that my number is not that far behind you at 807.

If I were you I would bank on 4 seats not less than 3. The good news is they are limiting the cartels to 6 seats - I think - not the unlimited # they could buy before.

Cheese. I thought the number was 8 but otherwise agree with you.

i think the cartels can go up to 8 unless at least four are the high roller blue table seats at which point they can have a total of 12.

i have talked to a lot of people that i knew were never billiken club members before and i have yet to find one that didnt pony up for the billiken club. i am also hearing that most of the cartels are taking their 8 seat max. i truly thought that the cartel limitation would really break those groups up more. i am thinking the average per acct will be at least 4 and probably more.

It seems I'm in the minority, but our numbers went up. I'm not exactly sure the jump because I don't have the paperwork but we are now just over 1,000, which is a pretty good jump from where we were if I remember right (I think we were close to 2,000 before that). We joined the Billiken Club a few months back to increase our standing for the coming season. It seems to have worked, but I'm not sure we needed to do it from what I'm reading and hearing about season ticket sales. Oh well.

Based upon an approximate amount of ticket holders (2000) and based upon someone else posting that total season tickets have dropped to approximately 6,000, that would be 3 seats per ticket holder. That, however, would be an average which can be misleading in that I doubt 8 seats will be bought by any ticket holder with a rank above 400. For instance, the first 500 accounts are more likely to average 4 seats per account while the last 500 accounts are more likely to average 2 seats per account. Therefore, Kappy, I'd guess that 2,912 seats (728 x 4 seats), or more, will be taken before you. Hope I'm wrong in that my number is not that far behind you at 807.

That's a good point. I just hope that most of those early seat selections fall in the gold areas since I am looking towards the better red seats. I have written of the possibility of the few green seats on the corners being there when I select.

This is my first year of membership and I guess I can't have any ranking-related complaints. 1039 is where I landed- seems about right based on the numbers I've seen thrown around so far. When does the seat selection process start - i.e. when does #1 pick seats? When is it supposed to finish up? For reference, I've got to go (well, send a proxy) June 18.

I'm also curious as to what color section everyone is targeting. I finally got a peek in the place this weekend - the graduation stage was being set up, so the first several rows were pushed in on the sides and it was just the bare concrete floor - and it looks like there's not a bad seat in the house. That said, I'm hoping like hell I can get in between the baselines, probably looking to go "Billiken Red" if it isn't sold out by then.

I've seen a number of people talk about the value of the green seats in the front of 107-111 (the end across from the student section), particularly the front rows of those. What about those of you in what would previously have been Scottrade's equivalent of gold and red- will you be moving back because of the arena fees?