Majerus not interested in Marquette Job

At least according to what he told Tom Timmerman. He could have been a little bit more forceful in deying any interest, but I might just be saying that due to all my years of following the Bills and waiting for the other shoe to drop

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/billiken-...d-in-marquette/

The problem is these statements don't mean much anymore thanks to his brethren in various coaching ranks saying the same thing and taking a new job the next day.

I'll be concerned until MU hires a new coach not named Majerus.

At least according to what he told Tom Timmerman. He could have been a little bit more forceful in deying any interest, but I might just be saying that due to all my years of following the Bills and waiting for the other shoe to drop

These statements generally don't mean much from any coach at any program. It's what he's expected to say right now. Who knows for sure if MU has even contacted him yet or will. Things change so fast in this game and so many coaches move around every year, I would not take anything for granted.

That said, I would be very surprised to see MU extend an offer. I think there are worse odds for that than the chances he'd accept.

Where do you see him say that?

“I’m happy at St. Louis,” Majerus told me on Tuesday. “That’s all I’m going to say. I’m not interested. I’m looking forward to moving forward at St. Louis. I’m excited. We’ll be good once we get going. We’ve got a lot of work to do right now.”

RM is not going to tell Timmerman or Frank if he is talking to MU. I can just hear RM framining the whole thing around being able to live with his mother.

Overall, I would bet this will not happen, but how many times have we heard BS like this from coaches, etc, then they leave.

For him to say he is happy in Saint Louis and he is "not interested" seems to be as direct and forceful as he could be. He and the staff are working so hard to recruit a whole new team it would seem to me that he would not want to pull out and quit on SLU after only one year.

RM is not going to tell Timmerman or Frank if he is talking to MU. I can just hear RM framining the whole thing around being able to live with his mother.

Overall, I would bet this will not happen, but how many times have we heard BS like this from coaches, etc, then they leave.

Majerus has already told everyone around SLU he isn't going anywhere.

I heard Frank today on his show say that he had personally talked to RM and RM told him that he was not interested in leaving SLU.

I don't think he is going anywhere, but I heard from two different people that someone from MU called the athletic department this morning. They may just want to clear it with the school before they ask what direction he thinks they should go and have no interest in him for the job. I agree that Majerus probably has no interest in the job himself and they are probab;y looking for someone that would be much more long-term than Majerus.

I don't think he is going anywhere, but I heard from two different people that someone from MU called the athletic department this morning. They may just want to clear it with the school before they ask what direction he thinks they should go and have no interest in him for the job. I agree that Majerus probably has no interest in the job himself and they are probab;y looking for someone that would be much more long-term than Majerus.

I could see RM, an alum, being asked for referrals. If he wasn't at SLU, I could see them putting him on the selection committee. And why not UB for the job? Coached at a Jebbie school. From Wisconsin. Interim HC in a BCS conference. Just kidding......

I could see RM, an alum, being asked for referrals. If he wasn't at SLU, I could see them putting him on the selection committee. And why not UB for the job? Coached at a Jebbie school. From Wisconsin. Interim HC in a BCS conference. Just kidding......

Read todays report on ESPN about MU's hunt. First, Doc Rivers rolled out RM's name right off the bat. And Doc's a trustee for MU. Then read on down: Something like "had a so so season and made a couple of off color comments which are two strikes against him." Man, I hope RM is serious about staying, but nothing would shock me at this point.

Read todays report on ESPN about MU's hunt. First, Doc Rivers rolled out RM's name right off the bat. And Doc's a trustee for MU. Then read on down: Something like "had a so so season and made a couple of off color comments which are two strikes against him." Man, I hope RM is serious about staying, but nothing would shock me at this point.

Bernie's Blog spells it out pretty clear....

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/bernies-e...s-not-a-new-job

Only RM really knows but again, I question how many years RM truly has left. IMO, he will not be coaching at age 72 like Lute Olsen. Like it or not, the one thing RM has been consistent with: he has been honest. I truly believe him when he says that SLU will be his last stop. I also believe that he wants to go out on top - ideally like his hero Al McGuire did - and that he knows he can produce some impressive numbers here at SLU relatively quickly. Harder to do at Marquette. My point: everytime to leave and start new, you are that much further behind your rebuilding. Just b/c Marquette had better talent and alot returning does not mean they are his players, his system... He is not worried about climbing the ladder anymore. Been there done that. Instead, he wants to get to the top. He is man driven by his ego. When he gets our Bills to a 25-5 season (another RM miracle for another hapless program) heading into the Tournament and we are fighting over our proper seeding, RM will be enjoying the ESPN limelight with a big smile. I'm already starting to smile myself.

Only RM really knows but again, I question how many years RM truly has left. IMO, he will not be coaching at age 72 like Lute Olsen. Like it or not, the one thing RM has been consistent with: he has been honest. I truly believe him when he says that SLU will be his last stop. I also believe that he wants to go out on top - ideally like his hero Al McGuire did - and that he knows he can produce some impressive numbers here at SLU relatively quickly. Harder to do at Marquette. My point: everytime to leave and start new, you are that much further behind your rebuilding. Just b/c Marquette had better talent and alot returning does not mean they are his players, his system... He is not worried about climbing the ladder anymore. Been there done that. Instead, he wants to get to the top. He is man driven by his ego. When he gets our Bills to a 25-5 season (another RM miracle for another hapless program) heading into the Tournament and we are fighting over our proper seeding, RM will be enjoying the ESPN limelight with a big smile. I'm already starting to smile myself.

Sounds to me like BM and RM are pretty tight. Anyone know who'd we be looking at in rural Alabama? Maybe a kid like Shaq in Blue Chips?

Guest BillikenReport

Sounds to me like BM and RM are pretty tight. Anyone know who'd we be looking at in rural Alabama? Maybe a kid like Shaq in Blue Chips?

Chase Robinson, 6-2 point guard

Neon Badoe. That's a more made-up name than Myra Hodgkiss. Can you imagine the size of his p _ _ _ _ troll, though?

So Ive been wondering this since I heard about the opening at Marquette and maybe its already been answered, but what if RM does leave. What happens to the kids who signed letters of intent to play at SLU for RM? What if they no longer want to play at SLU? What are their options?