Hinson out at MSU and get this

There is as much chance as Knight coaching in Springfield next year as your Monmouth team making the tourney this year.

We will see. I think the decision is if MSU wants Knight or not. I think he would take the job.

I understand the Tiger fans sense of dread in having Bobby Knight in Springfield in addition to Rickma in St. Louis.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see. I think the decision is if MSU wants Knight or not. I think he would take the job.

I understand the Tiger fans sense of dread in having Bobby Knight in Springfield in addition to Rickma in St. Louis.

I forgot how "connected" to were to the world of college basketball. You'd be good at sales. That's a job where if you throw enough "sh*t" against the wall some of it is bound to stick. Like you talking up Monmouth earlier this year. low do you know Knight would take the job? You're just pulling this out of your ass. You have no idea.

Unfortunately I don't think Tiger fans are too worried about our Bills since in a year where everything has gone wrong for them they still have a better RPI than us. Nice effort at flaming though. Troll on.

I forgot how "connected" to were to the world of college basketball. You'd be good at sales. That's a job where if you throw enough "sh*t" against the wall some of it is bound to stick. Like you talking up Monmouth earlier this year. low do you know Knight would take the job? You're just pulling this out of your ass. You have no idea.

Unfortunately I don't think Tiger fans are too worried about our Bills since in a year where everything has gone wrong for them they still have a better RPI than us. Nice effort at flaming though. Troll on.

Wow, I was wrong about Monmouth. I didn't say I knew Knight would take the job. I said I think he would take the job.

I love how you keep bringing up MU's RPI compared to SLU's. I noticed you didn't do that before the Bonnies game when SLU's was better. They both are middle of the road teams. There isn't much of a difference between 100 and 116. As it stands now both probably wouldn't be playing in the post season

Wow, I was wrong about Monmouth. I didn't say I knew Knight would take the job. I said I think he would take the job.

Because those are such different statements.

From Brianstl - "I hear the Lutheran South JV squad has a coaching vacancy. I think Knight will take that job. I'm not saying I know that he will because I get all my info from the internet like everyone else but based on my vast knowledge of reading 50 intraweb sites a day and posting 300 times a day I have a pretty good idea of what's going on and occasionally I'm right."

I love how you keep bringing up MU's RPI compared to SLU's. I noticed you didn't do that before the Bonnies game when SLU's was better. They both are middle of the road teams. There isn't much of a difference between 100 and 116. As it stands now both probably wouldn't be playing in the post season

We are the better program. SLU had better RPI's the previous two years than Mizzou and as you state, we were ahead yet again, prior to Saturday's debacle. Now the one area where we can't compete with them is in the scandal department. They dominate us there.

From Brianstl - "I hear the Lutheran South JV squad has a coaching vacancy. I think Knight will take that job. I'm not saying I know that he will because I get all my info from the internet like everyone else but based on my vast knowledge of reading 50 intraweb sites a day and posting 300 times a day I have a pretty good idea of what's going on and occasionally I'm right."

I said I think Bobby Knight would take the job. I didn't act like I had any inside info. I think the job would be extremely attractive to him. They have a great new building. They are willing to put up the financil resources to make the program successful. Plenty of places to fish and hunt around MSU. He would be the only show in town. The school is close to two good recruiting areas. He could go to as many Cardinal games as he wanted. It would be far easier for him to jump to the top of the MVC than it would in a BCS conference. The MSU job offers him a far better chance to go out an a succesful note than any school that would hire him from a BCS conference.

Before everyone dismisses Bob Knight as being the next coach at MSU, be honest and ask youselves how much of a chance did anyone truly believe last spring that RM would become our coach. People around the nation are still shocked and surprised. RM obviously did not pick SLU for its past success, tradition, TV exposure and conference affiliation. Instead, it appears he picked SLU because he could be close to his mother, back at a Jesuit school and also be the "big fish" in a "smaller pond".

Same thing COULD be true for Knight. Even though we all acknowledge that Elgin' Valley is the greatest conference in the country :D , the pressures at a Valley school would be nowhere near the pressures felt at IU (Big 10) or TT (Big 12). At this stage in his life, possibly, Knight would enjoy working with friends and coaching kids without the incredible pressures. Stranger things have happened before.

Bobby Knight might be in. Supposedly the O'Reily Autoparts family will pay a large part of the next coaches salary. Spoon is also getting mentioned along with Jay.

http://coachingnewsonline.com/index.php?op...5&Itemid=29

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7871718...ces:-Hinson-won

If the Knight thing falls through and the Spoons aren't in, what about the tandem of Brad and Kramer Soderberg?

If the Knight thing falls through and the Spoons aren't in, what about the tandem of Brad and Kramer Soderberg?

If Brad can't get kids to come to St. Louis, he won't be able to get them to come to SPRINGFIELD. Springfield SUCKS. But w/ a new arena, who knows?

I'm pretty sure if they offered Coach K or Billy Donovan they'd take the job. I don't have anything to back this up. Just sayin....

Bobby Knight is not the same as Coach K or Billy Donovan. Most athletic directors and university presidents won't hire Bobby Knight. Bobby has limited options. Why do you think he ended up at Texas Tech?

Bobby hasn't sniffed the kind of success Donavan and Coach K have had in a long time. Bobby hasn't won a conference title or advanced past the sweet sixteen in 15 years. He never finished higher than 3rd in the Big 12 and that was his first year at Tech.

the pressures at a Valley school would be nowhere near the pressures felt at IU (Big 10) or TT (Big 12). At this stage in his life, possibly, Knight would enjoy working with friends and coaching kids without the incredible pressures. Stranger things have happened before.

What are you talking about? The entire reason MSU would have to fire a coach and hire a new one is that they are feeling incredible pressure to have a successful Bball program. Why would they build a new palace for just fun? Bobby Knight has neither the youth, energy, or respect of the current basketball playing generation to be an attractive choice for anything other than a high-level asst. He does have a fishing pole, or so we are constantly told.

Bobby Knight is not the same as Coach K or Billy Donovan. Most athletic directors and university presidents won't hire Bobby Knight. Bobby has limited options. Why do you think he ended up at Texas Tech?

Bobby hasn't sniffed the kind of success Donavan and Coach K have had in a long time. Bobby hasn't won a conference title or advanced past the sweet sixteen in 15 years. He never finished higher than 3rd in the Big 12 and that was his first year at Tech.

Sutton went to USF, why not Knight to MO State. Stranger things have happened. :blink:

If Brad can't get kids to come to St. Louis, he won't be able to get them to come to SPRINGFIELD. Springfield SUCKS. But w/ a new arena, who knows?

True, but the talent level in the Valley isn't as high as in the A10 or former CUSA (pre-2005 realignment), so the caliber player required to win there won't be as high. He can win with scrappy, hard-working, system players, and he also comes pre-loaded with Kramer, who would be a great player in the Valley.

Makes more sense than anything else on these posts, but won't happen, either.

Knight at Mo State? HA!

Cool, now we got the Tiger fans taking shots at MSU in addition to SLU on this board. Believe it or not the MSU job is a good one. It is not IU or LSU, but a lot of people will go after this job. Every top young assitant in the country will want that job.

Umm? I root for SLU and Mizzou that's why I'm on this board. You are the one that gets confused about the fact that this is a SLU board always posting about MU. Almost without fail when there is a post about Mizzou or Columbia it has been started by you.

Also I never said MSU was a bad job. I said I find it highly unlikely that it will be one of the top jobs in the country. And as you yourself agreed IU and LSU are better and like I said earlier I'm sure more appealing jobs will also open up.

He would do better than at SLU, especially if he takes Kramer:

1) new arena

2) better conference for regional recruiting: (who wants to play & travel in A-10 @ St. Bonnie, etc, against players you never heard of, teams from ???)

3) nicer campus, better scenery

4) state school has some easier classes than SLU to hide athletes (power forwards!)

5) he won't be taking all the time to see Kramer play high school games instead of recruiting and coaching!

But I still do not think that Brad and Kramer will wind up there...

2) better conference for regional recruiting: (who wants to play & travel in A-10 @ St. Bonnie, etc, against players you never heard of, teams from ???)

I have yet to hear a single recruit ever state a preference for the MVC over the A-10, and the A-10 has routinely signed higher ranked players over the last 20 years. In fact, to my knowledge SLU has never lost a single "regional" recruit to an MVC school because of conference affiliation.

This is obviously subjective, but I strongly disagree. When was the last time you visited SLU's campus?

He would do better than at SLU, especially if he takes Kramer:

1) new arena

4) state school has some easier classes than SLU to hide athletes (power forwards!)

5) he won't be taking all the time to see Kramer play high school games instead of recruiting and coaching!

But I still do not think that Brad and Kramer will wind up there...

1. SLU has a new arena as well

2. I don't like the A10 but I'm not sure the MVC is really a better conference.

3. I have seen both SLU's campus and MSU's campus. In my opinion SLU wins easily. MSU has the second ugliest campus I have seen right behind Illinois.

4. Might be true, I have no idea what courses MSU offers

5. Wasn't this a plus since he could see recruits and claim he was just there to watch his son?

Also I never said MSU was a bad job. I said I find it highly unlikely that it will be one of the top jobs in the country. And as you yourself agreed IU and LSU are better and like I said earlier I'm sure more appealing jobs will also open up.

Agreed. Mark Gottfried's job at Bama doesn't seem too safe right now and neither does Dennis Felton at Georgia.

I hope Bobby Knight goes to SMS that way the SLU v. SMS game would be a ESPN televised game as long as those two coaches are going at it. I have faith in Majerus to beat out Bobby.

I don't think Bobby will do it but I'm not ruling it out. SMS has some things going for it eventhough I hate them.

1. SLU has a new arena as well

2. I don't like the A10 but I'm not sure the MVC is really a better conference.

3. I have seen both SLU's campus and MSU's campus. In my opinion SLU wins easily. MSU has the second ugliest campus I have seen right behind Illinois.

4. Might be true, I have no idea what courses MSU offers

5. Wasn't this a plus since he could see recruits and claim he was just there to watch his son?

1. Yes but Brad didn't have a new arena when he was HERE

2. MVC / A-10 are equal in strength, my point is that none of the kids in the surrounging 6 state area give a damn about Dusquene, St Bonnie, etc, travel is a JOKE (a lot of posters that support the A-10 complained of the St Joe - St Bonnie turnaround and travel), the kids lose a lot more school time playing in and east coast league, there are no kids from the area that everyone recognizes in the A-10, the REFS in the A-10 hate us midwestern hillbillys...

3. Not a major point, took my son to tour just SLU a few yrs ago, he hated it, went elsewhere, SLU campus has improved, sure, but surrounding areas are

pathetic! Chouteau, N. Grand, give me a break, still awful! MO State has Ozarks, etc! SLU has major city attractions, so there is an offset...

4. True, state school has jock courses for athletes if they are struggling academically, SLU does not have the lower-tier courses and majors

5. When Brad was HERE he spent too much time wathching his son! Good father, poor for SLU recruiting