Hinson out at MSU and get this

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't necessarily too good for the valley. I would say that we want to be better than we can be in the Valley. Also, speaking personally, the chances of me and mine paying $450 per seat per year to watch a Valley team, even SLU, are nil.

Are you willing to pay $450 per to watch an A-10 team?

Are Xavier fans as obnoxious as Ohio State, Bengal, or Dayton fans? At the Dayton game I had UD students telling me that Dayton was a highly regarded academic institution. I told them the only part of that statement that I would even consider arguing if I was them is that it is in fact an academic institution. Ohio State fans make me sick and Bengals fans talk about their team as if they have accomplished something over the past 15 years. I hope enjoy being a sell out Pistol.

Bearcat fans are the worst. I don't miss them coming on here all of the time.

Are Xavier fans as obnoxious as Ohio State, Bengal, or Dayton fans? At the Dayton game I had UD students telling me that Dayton was a highly regarded academic institution. I told them the only part of that statement that I would even consider arguing if I was them is that it is in fact an academic institution. Ohio State fans make me sick and Bengals fans talk about their team as if they have accomplished something over the past 15 years. I hope enjoy being a sell out Pistol.

Have not had the negative experiences many have had with Dayton fans. Not making any justifications for bad behavior but do believe Dayton fans are still living in the 1960's (along with Marquette fans) when their programs were really good. The 4 "Great Independents" UD, Marq, ND and DePaul long before the rise of big conferences. I throw it out more as an explanation for their egos.

Have not had the negative experiences many have had with Dayton fans. Not making any justifications for bad behavior but do believe Dayton fans are still living in the 1960's (along with Marquette fans) when their programs were really good. The 4 "Great Independents" UD, Marq, ND and DePaul long before the rise of big conferences. I throw it out more as an explanation for their egos.

That seems fair. I will say, though, that the most obnoxious out-of-town fan I've ever seen in St. Louis was a Dayton fan (probably born in the 1970s) who somehow landed a seat behind the SLU bench when they came to town in the 2003-04 season. He stood the entire game shouting at the top of his lungs "Atta boy, Waleskowski! Atta kid! Atta kid! Yeah, Waleskowski!" among other, more negative things. His crass verbal fellating of Keith Waleskowski made me wish SLU fans were more violent and at least willing to empty a beer on this guy.

Also, footes, I forgot to mention UC Bearcat fans. I think the era of Huggins brought out the worst in them. When he left, a lot of the fan base stopped caring, and most people that would stop rooting for their school because a coach of questionable character left have questionable character themselves. Cronin is a great guy by all accounts, a local guy, and a UC alum, so hopefully he can start winning and bring fans in that will mirror his character instead of Huggy Bear's.