More problems for Mizzou

hoophead and postcard don't seem to have anything to say about the latest problem at Mizzou, yet they weren't at a loss when talking about their beloved tigers in this thread...

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

Come on ladies, what's going on at Mizzou? This won't help their attendance problems.

nice find Ace!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hoophead and postcard don't seem to have anything to say about the latest problem at Mizzou, yet they weren't at a loss when talking about their beloved tigers in this thread...

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

Come on ladies, what's going on at Mizzou? This won't help their attendance problems.

Great thread. Looks like I was spot on. SEMO has lost 6 in a row. Now what MO team has the best chance to make the tourney. The Tigers.

I am not saying they will make it, so stop typing why they won't make it. Tell me who has a better chance.

Oh ya, the RI win doesn't count because we lost to Temple.

Great thread. Looks like I was spot on. SEMO has lost 6 in a row. Now what MO team has the best chance to make the tourney. The Tigers.

I am not saying they will make it, so stop typing why they won't make it. Tell me who has a better chance.

I would argue that MoSTate has the best chance just the pure fact that they have the easiest chance at running the table in the confrence tourney. There isnt a team in MO that is getting an atlarge bid

SLU would beat MU this year and for the next 5 years

That is fine, but who has a better chance of making the tourney. If they both win the rest of their games and win 1 conf tourney game, who makes the tourney. I say the Tigers would and bills would be looking for an nit bid.

SLU would beat MU this year and for the next 5 years

i seriously doubt SLU would beat Mizzou this year. They lost to Kent State by 41 and then later scored 20 points in a game, and they struggle against pressure, which is what MU is about. I can't see it. Plus SLU is not deep and with MU's constant subbing, I can see the Bills getting worn down. Also, everyone keeps saying 5 incidents. Several witnesses said that Demarre Carroll was an innocent bystander hit by a stray bullet. Hannah in his own words was struck from behind and doesnt know who or what hit him. Is it really 5 incidents? You have the Grimes incident, and Anderson Jr incident, and the Butterfield incident. Looks like 3 to me where there was clearly some wrongdoing on the players' part.

Seriously, you need to lay off the weed. The Tigers lose their best player and you still think they have the best chance to go to the tournament.

On the SEMO front........they are adjusting to losing one of their best players. They went into Murray State (one of the tougher places to play and with their head coach suspended) and blow a late lead. They still have the best chance of any team in the state to make the tournament. The talent difference between them and the top teams in the OVC is very small. They have the best chance of winning their coference tournament and that is the only way any team from MO is making the tournament.

i seriously doubt SLU would beat Mizzou this year. They lost to Kent State by 41 and then later scored 20 points in a game, and they struggle against pressure, which is what MU is about. I can't see it. Plus SLU is not deep and with MU's constant subbing, I can see the Bills getting worn down. Also, everyone keeps saying 5 incidents. Several witnesses said that Demarre Carroll was an innocent bystander hit by a stray bullet. Hannah in his own words was struck from behind and doesnt know who or what hit him. Is it really 5 incidents? You have the Grimes incident, and Anderson Jr incident, and the Butterfield incident. Looks like 3 to me where there was clearly some wrongdoing on the players' part.

Go put the Truman suit on V. If Hannah and Carroll are so innocent, why aren't they fully cooperating in the police investigations into their incidents?

This latest incident has a couple of elements that raise real questions--first, Anderson said earlier that he had a no exceptions policy to players going our late at night to clubs. That seemed smart because most of the others had some relation to late night clubbing. Yet here is the star point guard out late at night in direct violation of the coach's order.

The second thing that really makes it all very questionale is the conspiracy of silence. Hannah says he cannot say anything about anything--he knows nothing! And dozens of other people at the club know nothing--that is so ridiculous I cannot believe that anyone would think it credible. The witnesses would not tell the police anything. Something smells!

The big question is how will he recover and if he does in time to play games this season will the coach keep his word or make an excuse and give him a free pass.

This latest incident has a couple of elements that raise real questions--first, Anderson said earlier that he had a no exceptions policy to players going our late at night to clubs. That seemed smart because most of the others had some relation to late night clubbing. Yet here is the star point guard out late at night in direct violation of the coach's order.

The second thing that really makes it all very questionale is the conspiracy of silence. Hannah says he cannot say anything about anything--he knows nothing! And dozens of other people at the club know nothing--that is so ridiculous I cannot believe that anyone would think it credible. The witnesses would not tell the police anything. Something smells!

The big question is how will he recover and if he does in time to play games this season will the coach keep his word or make an excuse and give him a free pass.

Not to mention that the establishment, Athena's, is known for altercations very similar to this one.

Everyone keeps saying its 5 incidents because that's what the Post-Dispatch reported (2nd to last paragraph):

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...A0?OpenDocument

And Gordon printed a list of Anderson-era incidents as well:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...7F?OpenDocument

I think Mizzou would work SLU over. I think it would be a really bad match-up for SLU. Mizzou would pressure SLU the entire game and wear the Billikens down. Mizzou has way too much team quickness for the Bills. Mizzou's biggest weakness seems to be their lack of a true center and toughness inside other than DeMarre and SLU does not have anyone who would take advantge of that. I would imagine it would be similar to the game against GW last year in the conference tournament. I think Mizzou would definitely win next year as well. Beyond that, hopefully Majerus can work his magic and have SLU ready to be a consistent tournament team.

I think Mizzou is too inconsistent to make a run in the conference tournament so I would agree that they would not have the best chance of being a tournament team out of the Missouri schools. They may be the best team in MO, but they play in by far the toughest conference of any team in MO and have little chance of winning multiple games in the Big 12 tourney let alone winning it. I would not think someone is crazy for choosing Mizzou out of this sorry group of teams though. Mizzou did beat Texas and played KU tough so they have at least demonstrated that they can play with any team in conference. Mizzou has lost a fair share of games, but all of their games have been competitve.

I think Mizzou would work SLU over. I think it would be a really bad match-up for SLU. Mizzou would pressure SLU the entire game and wear the Billikens down. Mizzou has way too much team quickness for the Bills. Mizzou's biggest weakness seems to be their lack of a true center and toughness inside other than DeMarre and SLU does not have anyone who would take advantge of that. I would imagine it would be similar to the game against GW last year in the conference tournament. I think Mizzou would definitely win next year as well. Beyond that, hopefully Majerus can work his magic and have SLU ready to be a consistent tournament team.

I think Mizzou is too inconsistent to make a run in the conference tournament so I would agree that they would not have the best chance of being a tournament team out of the Missouri schools. They may be the best team in MO, but they play in by far the toughest conference of any team in MO and have little chance of winning multiple games in the Big 12 tourney let alone winning it. I would not think someone is crazy for choosing Mizzou out of this sorry group of teams though. Mizzou did beat Texas and played KU tough so they have at least demonstrated that they can play with any team in conference. Mizzou has lost a fair share of games, but all of their games have been competitve.

Slu played Pitt well. SLU had bigger match-up problems with Pitt than they would with Mizzou. It would all depend on how SLU would shoot. If the Billikens hit their open shots, they would win. If not, MU would beat them. It is as simple as that.

While the number of incidents are troubling which one do you think Anderson handled poorly?

- Grimes was kicked off of the team but allowed to remain in school and finish his degree.

- Anderson Jr. didn't play in any more games the rest of the year and I'm not sure if he has played any this year.

- Carroll was a victim in the wrong place at the wrong time.

- Hannah 's incident will be handled when all of the facts come out.

I'm not sure what the fifth incident is that I'm not remembering.

I'm not sure yet if it is something Anderson is doing or not doing or if he is just really unlucky.

While the number of incidents are troubling which one do you think Anderson handled poorly?

- Grimes was kicked off of the team but allowed to remain in school and finish his degree.

- Anderson Jr. didn't play in any more games the rest of the year and I'm not sure if he has played any this year.

- Carroll was a victim in the wrong place at the wrong time.

- Hannah 's incident will be handled when all of the facts come out.

I'm not sure what the fifth incident is that I'm not remembering.

I'm not sure yet if it is something Anderson is doing or not doing or if he is just really unlucky.

I don't know the details to each of these, but perhaps it's the number of incidents and seemingly no preemptive action is taking place.

Maybe Hannah and his boys sport the "Don't Snitch" T-Shirts under the black and gold. It is important to "represent" when working on one's college degree.

"Conspiracy of silence"? Not a valid point these days.

It is about the law. Remember the Duke Rape Case, the press, liberals, etc. all accused the players of "code of silence".

It was inappropriate to say in such a pending-legal situation and turned out to be totally false to boot.

Who in the world is going to talk publicly about an incident these days with all the idiotic press people and of course bloodthirsty lawyers out there! And do not by the police, they cannot tell you, either, what is going on until it goes to court.

Having said that, I firmly believe that Mizzou has, for many years, been able to bring in kids with borderline character issues that they can hide with low end curriculum that SLU could not risk taking. (Mizzou is as good or better a school overall but has cake classes for jocks that SLU does not).

a lot of black people have the "stop snitchin" attitude. If he were to rat someone out to the police he would be in more ###### than he is now. He knows exactly what happened, I respect his silence

What's not to respect about obstructing a police investigation? It would be a shame if the police put a stop to thugs who break jaws or sketchy nightclubs that facilitate the activity.