More problems for Mizzou

What's not to respect about obstructing a police investigation? It would be a shame if the police put a stop to thugs who break jaws or sketchy nightclubs that facilitate the activity.

Yeah the police are out for your best interest. "Oh this is a black basketball player assault! Lets get to the bottom of this! Right after we solve 2pacs murder"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mizzou would work SLU over. I think it would be a really bad match-up for SLU. Mizzou would pressure SLU the entire game and wear the Billikens down. Mizzou has way too much team quickness for the Bills. Mizzou's biggest weakness seems to be their lack of a true center and toughness inside other than DeMarre and SLU does not have anyone who would take advantge of that. I would imagine it would be similar to the game against GW last year in the conference tournament. I think Mizzou would definitely win next year as well. Beyond that, hopefully Majerus can work his magic and have SLU ready to be a consistent tournament team.

I think Mizzou is too inconsistent to make a run in the conference tournament so I would agree that they would not have the best chance of being a tournament team out of the Missouri schools. They may be the best team in MO, but they play in by far the toughest conference of any team in MO and have little chance of winning multiple games in the Big 12 tourney let alone winning it. I would not think someone is crazy for choosing Mizzou out of this sorry group of teams though. Mizzou did beat Texas and played KU tough so they have at least demonstrated that they can play with any team in conference. Mizzou has lost a fair share of games, but all of their games have been competitve.

I don't think it's a lock by any means that next year's Missouri squad could beat next year's Saint Louis squad. The Tigers are losing several seniors (M. Brown, Horton, Butterfield, Volkus, and Hannah [possibly out for the season], and they've already lost Grimes and Dandridge) and will be adding six or seven newcomers. Other than Keon Lawrence, who's been inconsistent, and maybe Leo Lyons, I don't think the Tigers have any star-caliber returnees to go along with DeMarre Carroll (who has also demonstrated some holes in his game). The Billikens will also lose four seniors and add five or more newcomers, but Tommie Liddell and Kevin Lisch will be all-conference caliber linchpins for the team. I think it would be a good game, but I wouldn't pencil the Tigers in for a win.

It wasn't me on that board anyway. ACE are my initials. Not sure why the guy on the PD board goes by that name. I know this is hard for postcard and his companion kevinfootes to understand, but maybe, just maybe, there could be two different people on two different boards using the same handle. On the flip side, postcard, did admit that he is the same guy who goes on another board waving the Mizzou pom poms and was even caught ripping a SLU fan. That tells you what you need to know about where this fool is coming from.

What a classic troll move by ace, adding me into the mix here. ace would probably get a little respect on here if he'd just admit that he's a troll and stop accusing everyone else.

What's funny is that I didn't remember who mentioned the fact that ace had been banned from the Miklasz board. After another episode of ace's troliing, I went over to that board and checked it out. Let's see...we have a guy using the same name in the same city and behaving exactly the same way. I don't see why that's a stretch. If you say that you weren't the one who got banned, I might buy that unlikely story. This isn't like last season when someone was going around posing as Steve. Everyone knew that was a joke. In this case, based on ace's behavior on this board, no one is exactly rushing to his defense.

Poor ole angry ace!

I don't think it's a lock by any means that next year's Missouri squad could beat next year's Saint Louis squad. The Tigers are losing several seniors (M. Brown, Horton, Butterfield, Volkus, and Hannah [possibly out for the season], and they've already lost Grimes and Dandridge) and will be adding six or seven newcomers. Other than Keon Lawrence, who's been inconsistent, and maybe Leo Lyons, I don't think the Tigers have any star-caliber returnees to go along with DeMarre Carroll (who has also demonstrated some holes in his game). The Billikens will also lose four seniors and add five or more newcomers, but Tommie Liddell and Kevin Lisch will be all-conference caliber linchpins for the team. I think it would be a good game, but I wouldn't pencil the Tigers in for a win.

Tommie would go off for like 22pts 16boards. Bills 67-59

I don't know the details to each of these, but perhaps it's the number of incidents and seemingly no preemptive action is taking place.

Any one incident could probably be written off, but when you have so many in such a short period of time it makes you wonder. They probably need a major turnover in personnel to change the culture of the program. I don't follow what goes on down there regularly, but it's hard to miss the front-page stories.

a lot of black people have the "stop snitchin" attitude. If he were to rat someone out to the police he would be in more ###### than he is now. He knows exactly what happened, I respect his silence

but yet the Police are expected to solve the crime?

Yeah the police are out for your best interest. "Oh this is a black basketball player assault! Lets get to the bottom of this! Right after we solve 2pacs murder"

Lets hope your moniker is just a moniker and doesn't end up as reality.

Lets take the Black and White out of it. A murder happens in a neighborhood, there are witnesses but no one wants to say anything to the Police. Why should the polce care what happens in that neighborhood. I'd close the case. Your neighborhood, you don't care ... good with me. I'll go work crimes somewhere they do care. Just try to get the next body off the street quicker, no need to have that kind of stuff just lying around.

Lets hope your moniker is just a moniker and doesn't end up as reality.

Lets take the Black and White out of it. A murder happens in a neighborhood, there are witnesses but no one wants to say anything to the Police. Why should the polce care what happens in that neighborhood. I'd close the case. Your neighborhood, you don't care ... good with me. I'll go work crimes somewhere they do care. Just try to get the next body off the street quicker, no need to have that kind of stuff just lying around.

There was an amazing quote in the paper today by Coach Anderson who said --when asked about the zero tolerance rule for players going to clubs late at night--he said that policy would be reviewed on a "case by case" basis! this typifies what is wrong with college basketball--the quality and importance of the player dictates the rules--If Hannah were on the end of the bench I am sure the zero tolerance rule would be strictly and loudly enforced.

There was an amazing quote in the paper today by Coach Anderson who said --when asked about the zero tolerance rule for players going to clubs late at night--he said that policy would be reviewed on a "case by case" basis! this typifies what is wrong with college basketball--the quality and importance of the player dictates the rules--If Hannah were on the end of the bench I am sure the zero tolerance rule would be strictly and loudly enforced.

I also found that weird Billkan. I thought Zero Tolerance meant zero exceptions? Of course, when you talk about Hannah...... or Butterfield............... they are "his" guys so he won't do anything.

I also found that weird Billkan. I thought Zero Tolerance meant zero exceptions? Of course, when you talk about Hannah...... or Butterfield............... they are "his" guys so he won't do anything.

I think it is amazing that Burwell wrote an article trying to lay this at the feet of Quinn. Quinn was a disaster (as a coach and a person), but four of these five incidents involved Anderson's guys. I like Burwell, but this was stretching it a bit.

i guess it has to do with anderson's definition of "zero"

just like bill's defintion of "sex"

I think it is amazing that Burwell wrote an article trying to lay this at the feet of Quinn. Quinn was a disaster (as a coach and a person), but four of these five incidents involved Anderson's guys. I like Burwell, but this was stretching it a bit.

i too have been surprised that anderson's recruits havent faired as well as i expected thus far. however, in his defense he got a late start last year recruiting and was dealt a very poor hand to start with. to anderson's credit you dont hear him complaining or talking about "when i get my kids" etc. he seems to take ownership of what is going on.

it isnt beyond belief that as burwell insinuates he indeed has made some stretches characterwise in the players he has brought to the program thus far in an effort to try to compete asap. it's a dice roll. take a kid with some sketchy off court character but superb skills in hopes that the skills rise to the top and wash away problems.

the biggest mistake anderson made was not kicking butterfield off the team. cant make exceptions. and when he didnt live up to the letter of "no tolerence" then, he basically told the kids, "hey let it play out and we'll deal with stuff as it happens." it would seem to me that created an inevitable train wreck just waiting to happen.

he gets a second chance to play tough guy now. and while it may seem draconian to cut hannah at this point after it appears he was unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, the fact still is he was in a nightclub he was out after midnight and thus put himself in that position. i think anderson needs to try to find out if others were with him and then when he has all the info, get rid of all that were including hannah. then and only then will he regain control.

"Case-by-case?!" Come on, Coach Anderson! By definition that's not zero tolerance.

4 players suspended, Lyons Brown Butterfield and Horton

I am glad to hear that, a one game suspension for each. I think he should have kicked Butterfield off of the team. I don't know how many chances he wants to give this guy. He needs to do something to get it through these kids head that he is serious. I don't think this will do it. Kicking Butterfield off the team might have done it. I think it is only a matter of time before thay have their next incident.

4 players suspended, Lyons Brown Butterfield and Horton

What about Hannah? I guess he will wait to see if he recovers and then give him a one game suspension. I am not surprised to hear about the other four players because the rumour mill was full of comments that a number of basketball players were at the bar with Hannah. I suspect that is what brought about the "case by case" analysis because if he had to kick 5 players off the team they would never win another game and he might lose his job. This must be a nightmare for Anderson!

They never said you had to be bright to play basketball at MU. Nothing better than posing for a picture at a club the coach specifically banned.

Posted Image

well at least they got dressed up for the night.