Big games for A-10 tonight

kshoe

Fordham plays at Mizzou and St. Joes at Syracuse. Both games are part of tournaments where the hosts are expected to win so that they can get to the semis with 3 other big name teams. Hopefully the conference can pull a surprise or two and piss of the organizers.

Xavier plays a road game against Miami of Ohio that would be a nice win.

This is the time of year when conference RPIs are determined.

Fordham plays at Mizzou and St. Joes at Syracuse. Both games are part of tournaments where the hosts are expected to win so that they can get to the semis with 3 other big name teams. Hopefully the conference can pull a surprise or two and piss of the organizers.

I think Fordham has a great chance against MU tonight.

Xavier seems to struggle at Millet Hall. But after seeing them play in person Saturday night, I'm confident in a Xavier Victory. I expect St. Joe's has a decent chance of beating Syracuse as well. A nice little night of College Basketball in November.

St. joes up 7-0 to start but it looks like they are having trouble rebounding...

St Joe's is down 5 about a minute into the 2nd half.

Is the Mizzou game on TV? I'd like to see Fordham beat them.

fox sports channel 37 if you have charter; Missouri 21-8 so far with 11 minutes left 1sr half

Wow what a bad night for the A10:

X goes down to Miami OH 59-57

MD Baltimore County beats LaSalle 76-69

that is a directional school named after a county now that is sad

SPUMAC over Fordham 79-55

SJU lost a heartbreaker to Syracuse by 3

right now ECU is beating Richmond

That ain't gonna' get it done for the Conference RPI.

Damn.

Fordham was never really close in that game. Mizzou had leads of 53-23 and 57-27. Someone said in a previous thread that SLU wouldnt see bigs like Pitt again until Fordham. Mizzou made Fordham look like a D2 school. Is the Big 12 that much better than the A10. With Majerus bringing in a Big 12 caliber recruiting class in 2008, should SLU be expected to win the conference hands down?

It's pathetic that the conference had such a poor showing tonight. With all the hype about how this is a much improved conference this year, I was optimistic that the A-10 would have a solid conference RPI. The worst part about it is that not only did our bad teams lose, but teams that were allegedly going to be contenders lost (and looked bad doing it). Fordham absolutley looked lost against Missouri. St. Joseph's did look solid for the most part though. They did kind of crumble under pressure, but all in all the were fairly solid.

Maybe we have an even better chance as a dark horse in this conference than most thought before the season began.

One of the bed things about our league. We are recognized as having quality basketball but we still have to schedule like a mid major or worse. What do you expect playing 2 BCS teams on the road? If we win 25% of those matchups we have done well. Unfortunately we never get the luxury of playing those types of teams on our home court.

Xavier's loss is unexcuseable though.

i only saw a few minutes of the fordham game as i thought the st joes vs syracuse game was much more entertaining. my only comment about that fordham game is "how come that greene doesnt play when slu plays fordham?" i saw him make a couple of really bonehead plays and miss his defensive assignment over and over. that guy plays tough against us all the time.

the st joes game was fantastic. how about that freshman point guard for syracuse. now that is a point guard. st joes is going to be a very tough team this year. they just happened to play a very good team on the road last night. that would be a tough game for anyone.

lasalle lost to who? what the hell is that.

The way I look at it is that SLU may finish with a better conference record than I thought. Two years ago, the Bills were picked to finish near the bottom of the conference (because of the 9-21 season the previous season) but wound up earning a bye in the conference tournament. The Bills had the advantage of being new. With familiarity the next season, there was no more advantage, and the Bills found their level -- .500. With a new coach this year, the Bills may again be able to sneak up on the conference, even though the players have familiarity.