Where is everyone?

slu72

Can't believe the board. We've got a potential hall of fame coach, two of the best guards in the country, practice starts tomorrow and this board is absolutely dead. What happened to Broy, Skip, Rich, Billikan, et al.? Just a thought here, did we enjoy medioctiry so much, we're now afraid of success?

i would post more, but I'm tempted to post about my new interviews and some are rubbed the wrong way. Is there anybody who checks my site regularly? If nothing else, I think its informative and and reminds people of some past stars they followed in high school and gives them an update on where they are now. Liddell and Lisch are making the area proud in addition to the other STL area players such as Polk, Meyer, Maguire, Mitchell, and Eckerle. Knollmeyer is from Missouri too, so there is a lot of nearby talent on this team. The most I've ever seen. I'm glad its occurring at the same time as they get a legendary coach and a regularly updated scout.com page. Things are looking good in Billiken land. As the only D1 in St. Louis, expect STL Hoops Insider to have some Billiken coverage.

What happened to Broy, Skip, Rich, Billikan, et al.? Just a thought here, did we enjoy medioctiry so much, we're now afraid of success?

I haven't been posting much simply because there's little need to defend my team from whining maggots such as yourself. The need to chastise the odd SMS or Saluki fan aside, there's little need for me to post at present. Given that I don't follow the prep scene like a rabid mongoose, I've little to add to the off season recruiting talk.

I haven't been posting much simply because there's little need to defend my team from whining maggots such as yourself. The need to chastise the odd SMS or Saluki fan aside, there's little need for me to post at present. Given that I don't follow the prep scene like a rabid mongoose, I've little to add to the off season recruiting talk.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but i'm thinking broy might have been suspended for a bit for his constant jabs/insults nate's way. Maybe not...just a guess.

I check in at times but it seems like there has been a lot of stuff that does not relate to Billiken basketball and I am just not interested.

I have posted several times that I think RM is a terrific coach and a great coach for the Billikens at this time. The new stadium is almost done on the outside and it looks fantastic.

As far as this year goes, I am not really sure what to think with Ian gone. He got a huge amount of criticism on this board and he had a mid season slump but in every game he was the focus of a double or triple team so it left others wide open but we were very erratic in making those shots. Tommie was fantastic from the outside early and then he tailed off a bit. Kevin looked like JJReddick in early practices and games and then he got the nasty injuries which really hurt our offense although he still busted his butt and played hard nosed defense. So with Ian gone how do we think that teams will play us? They will key on Tommie and Kevin and put a lot of the defensive emphasis that was dedicated to Ian on those two players. The good news is that Kevin seems to be healed and he worked hard all summer. Tommie should be better and more mature physically but his health issues have to raise a bit of a concern. Clearly, if they are healthy and on their games then they will be the best guard tandem in the history of Billiken basketball. I have no doubt that Rick will do everything possible to put them in positions to do very well.

The HUGE question mark is in the middle. I really thought that Bryce could give us quality minutes, particularly on the defensive end and if he could stay out of foul trouble he could be a real contributor. Now with his injuries I am concerned that he will have trouble regaining his conditioning and so his minutes will have to be curtailed because he will foul even more if his is playing tired. The only other true big man is AK and his health is a real question. I thought he could give us some toughness and hustle in the middle but if he is sick then he will not be able to help. That leaves us with our two new guys who may have to play big minutes at the 4 and 5. They seem to be good versatile players but they will need to really play hard and tough to rebound against some of the big strong athletes in our league. Eberhardt has the body mass but he must get meaner in the good sense of the word so he can give us 5 or 6 rebounds a game. Relphorde is smooth and has some real potential but to play in the frontcourt against our schedule will require a real lion's mentality. It may be that the whole season is dependent on how these two guys play inside.

I think that Luke will be a key and a real leader as a senior. RM will love his never say die attitude and if he can hit some shots I see him playing a lot of minutes because he really is tough and he busts his butt on every play. Our other senior leader is Polk and he is a great team member and cheerleader but if he cannot hit wide open shots I do not see how he can play very much because they will sag and design special defenses to stop Tommie and Kevin. If Polk can shoot, I think he will play a lot of minutes.

Two players who intrigue me and I think could really surprise are Mitchell and Eckerle. Mitchell is the type of player that we have seldom seen recently. Very tough, hard nosed and will fight and battle on both ends. He is a streaky shooter but he can hit some shots and he defends like a tiger. I think the fans will love him and his toughness and rebounding for his size. Eckerle is a smaller version of Kevin in his attitude and approach. He is not as big but he will play tough defense and he is a nice shooter on offense. He could see 5 minutes a game or more is Polk cannot hit shots.

Overall, on offense, I see the possibility that this team will look and play like the Golden State Warriors of last season but at a slower pace. We will put 4 or 5 shooters/slashers on the floor and look to take advantage of mismatches. On defense, we will be tough and relentless. If Rick can install his defense and mentality, and he has some great players to work with in Kevin, Luke, Tommie (if he is healthy), Polk, Mitchell and a shot blocker in Bryce is he is healthy enough to play.

I assume we will be a good but not great team and we must realize that the conference will be much better this year.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but i'm thinking broy might have been suspended for a bit for his constant jabs/insults nate's way. Maybe not...just a guess.

If Billiken Roy was suspended then no one is safe from the neo-fascist, nihilist board mods. Further I believe that the moderators are moderating alive people into dead people! My sources also tell me that........that Soylent Majerus is made from PEOPLE!

I'm not going to hold my breath for the old timers to come back. The combination of spammers, newer posters who employ useless bickering, and the new board have driven them off for good. It is unfortunate that some refuse to use the new board. It isn't the same as the old one but if given time it is much better.

Whining maggot!? Evidently, I wasn't the only whining maggot, Brich, since UB got canned after a 20 win season.

nope not suspended, but the masses made it clearly known i wasnt wanted. just giving everyone what they want.

slu72,

I am still here in sunny Florida just waiting for the season to start. I hope to make it back to St. Louis this year for a game. I am also hoping that I get to see them on TV as I got Directv since the end of last season. It would be nice to see Coach Majerus get us back in the Big Dance.

"Where is everyone?"

I'm at my desk with a hangover. I can't wait to see other teams be intimidated simply by seeing Slick Rick on the sidelines. It will happen.

I'm already beginning to forget what the old board looked like. This one is much better. There is more crap talked, and the mods are putting the squeeze on fairly liberally, but things will get back to normal soon.

Did I mention I have a hangover??? :blink:

"Where is everyone?"

I'm at my desk with a hangover. I can't wait to see other teams be intimidated simply by seeing Slick Rick on the sidelines. It will happen.

I'm already beginning to forget what the old board looked like. This one is much better. There is more crap talked, and the mods are putting the squeeze on fairly liberally, but things will get back to normal soon.

Did I mention I have a hangover??? :blink:

I have posted a few times - while less than in the past - it is not the new board that is a problem for me at least but given that there have been few meaningful responses to posts it tends to take the wind out of people's sails. Mostly, I am waiting for the season to start and the Nov. signing period with it getting closer the more confident I begin to feel about the oral commitments holding firm - not that I was all that worried to begin with but it is not over until it is over. As far as the bickering that has been taking place - well that was happening on the old board so the new board has not caused that to happen. Once the season starts things will probably pick up - hopefully we can stay on topic and not get into immature banter. Anybody know when tix are going to be mailed out to season holders?

Well practice starts today and does anyone know 100% sure if all the practices are closed to the public? Anyway, I too am sick of all the useless banter on the board and im probably somewhat responsible but anyway November couldnt come sooner. I too have a hangover. Yippie.

Sometimes no news is good news. We all are in agreement that Majerus is great and things are headed in the right direction. There is no reason to bash Soderberg's lousy recruiting any more. We have five good commits and now we just wait for those to become offical. When is the signing date? I believe it's in early November. We won't be getting any first-hand practice reports, but maybe some of the insiders will have info leaked to them about injury updates and how the newcomers are looking. Everybody just needs to be patient. There will be a lot to talk about in a few weeks.

Sometimes no news is good news. We all are in agreement that Majerus is great and things are headed in the right direction. There is no reason to bash Soderberg's lousy recruiting any more. We have five good commits and now we just wait for those to become offical. When is the signing date? I believe it's in early November. We won't be getting any first-hand practice reports, but maybe some of the insiders will have info leaked to them about injury updates and how the newcomers are looking. Everybody just needs to be patient. There will be a lot to talk about in a few weeks.

November 14th is the day dem kidz can sign

Can't believe the board. We've got a potential hall of fame coach, two of the best guards in the country, practice starts tomorrow and this board is absolutely dead. What happened to Broy, Skip, Rich, Billikan, et al.? Just a thought here, did we enjoy medioctiry so much, we're now afraid of success?

There are a few good posters who haven't been around for awhile, but I'll never beg anyone to post on here. I think there are some people who are looking for some "oh, please come back" type messages.

Believe me, some of the people on here are like crackheads. They won't stay away for long.

Frankly, what is there to talk about? Practice? We're talking --- PRACTICE (think Allen Iverson). And oh boo-hoo --- no Midnight Madness. Anybody catch the Terps do MM last night? Showed up in white tuxes with tophats and tails. Gimme a break. And this is the first time I can ever remember we have anyone let alone five guys supposedly lock-stock-barrel-and signed for the November signing day. So the talk there is dead as well. I find it to be a very relaxing time. Watching some of the same-old, same-old go on is funny but I've got nothing to say.

Why is everyone so up on the season, short of Rick? I mean we still have no four, now we have no five. That's a whole lot of loving to be heaped upon a fifth-year senior who has shown little promise to date and another in the long line of unfullfilling JUCO transfers this program seems to notch. And the four was a Brad signee, right? Anyone else get nervous with that? Sure, sure, we got Liddlell and Lisch whom WH has heaped proper praise to, but that still means we don't have any additional outside shooting. I think we've seen all that we are going to see from Polk and Brown --- sure, you could expect a senior year miracle but not here. Maybe at Duke. I think it will be an aggravating year ---- we will get a lot of mileage out of the L&L guys but with a new coach and a new system learning essentially new ballplayers, it could be a long one. Talent wins most games .... and we have two (L&L) and a gutsy three playing out of position at a four. Lots of issues for behind closed doors.