UB: "I don't have the answer"

moytoy12

I've heard "I don't have the answer" so many times before. This is why Brad is not a good salesman. I respect honesty but damn, you don't inspire any confidence with that reply. What about "Duquesne is a different team now after the win over BC and Lisch hasn't recovered from injury. I plan to work the team on fast break drills and refine my defense and get back to winning."

At least he went out there and took questions.

This really dissappoints me I thought that the SBU game would be a fluke but it is not looking that way.

Is there still a chance at the dance, yes. I am an enternal optimist but it is getting hard to be optimistic.

I agree. I felt bad from him during the interview. He is clearly trying hard and at a loss for the bad result. He sounds like someone who is in over his head. Lisch's injury is also difficult to overcome.

That being said, why did he use the exact same rotation? Why wasn't his team prepared against the press? Why didn't he have adjustments (other than the zone he briefly used, which I liked) to counter the numerous coaching moves of his counterpart?

Not only did Duquene have a terrible RPI, not only did we lose by double-digits at home, but the team we played lost a third of their players this season due to the gun shooting incident on campus.

I know I have been a harsh critic of late, but I really wasn't expecting this.

I ran to the car to see if he would do the interview. I was very glad to hear him, and I was more glad with the words that he said. I would honestly like to hear a replay of it in full.

I have never been as furious about the Billikens as I was in the last few minutes of the game and following the game. Absolutely furious.

Looks like it's time to start looking around. Unless Soderberg pulls a Jim Les at the end of this year, he gone. This team has to win the conference tourney to get in the NCAA. For sure. There aren't enough decent teams in teh conference to justify an at large bid now.

Sometimes nice guys finish last. I don't really care about the class of 2008. Bring in a "name" type coach and youll get those types anyways.

The team could turn it on at any point. The twist of this years team is that we avoided the normal bad losses the non-conf season only to start having them in the conf season when they count more.

I always expect SLU to win even when we have nothing. This year I expected SLU to win and we had something.

I don't have the answers....but I have so many questions.

I'm confused and running low on beer.

An inexcusable loss....

Goodbye all potential students that thought about coming to a game for the rest of the year. Attendance is going to be rough.

Did Duquesne not make the conference tourney last year? If not, it is insane that we just lost to the two teams who didn't make it last year.

This is by far the worst 10-5 team I have ever seen.

This clearly deserves the firing of Brad in my mind.

Could not make the game tonight. Probably best.

May not have made a difference if your veteran guards have 17 turnovers against a team packing in or IV and playing a zone, but cannot understand the unwillingness to give DM a shot if they play a zone, our outside shooting is poor and Lisch (1 of 7) is struggling/injured.

It's one thing not to win but it's another not to make any change. Our line-up is basically the same as last year and we did not make the NIT then. How much longer must Brad go with JJ over AK. Recall he was quite stubborn to play our current Juniors 2 years ago when they were Freshmen as well. Cannot tolerate stubborness.

I'm trying to support you Brad but it's getting more difficult.

I was in the "wait and see" group after the Bonnies loss and tried to remind everyone that it was just one game and on the road, etc. Well now it has been two games, against 2 bad teams, and one was at home. I was there for this one and I now think that a coaching change might be necessary. Brad was out coached tonight and it is pathetic how our guys can't handle pressure defense.

On a side note, I think tonight might have been the worst officiated game I have every been to. The refs were awful. Too bad the Bills play was even worse.

We have not seen another assinine post about eliminating A10 teams since our team happened to lose to the worse team in the conference...now we have inexplicably lost to the worst two teams in the A10. I sure in the heck hope no one ponied up any money on the Bills as they were shown as 16 1/2 point favorites in the sports page here in FL today.

A buddy of mine saw an 18 point line. We were sitting together at the start of the game, and we both commented that betting agaisnt SLU with that line was probably a safe bet because Brad doesn't know how to blow someone out. Neither of us expected SLU to lose the game.