2015 Schedule

slufan13

My guess this is going to be part of some exempt tournament. Last check of SB Nation - Blogging the Bracket - they had both Louisville and us not in an exempt event at this time.

http://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2013/12/2/5166356/2015-16-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-MTE

Thank you. Been looking for that site for a couple days now but for some reason I couldn't find it.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing some research on the unfortunate decline of the Great Alaskan Shootout, which (according to Sarah Palin and Glen Rice) was one of the preeminent tournaments in NCAA basketball. Found this gem on the Michigan State board. Enjoy:

Apr 26, 2012

I think some of the decline has to do with schools only being able to go overseas once every four years and that alumni and fans rather go somewhere warm.

Alaska is overseas now? This guy must be Todd Palin.

Check out @JonRothstein's Tweet:

-I like this game but how in the heck after losing all the players from the 3 in a row era and last season's debacle are we an attractive opponent for a made for tv game in NYC?

Local stars Ash Yacoubou and Jermaine Bishoip come home to play .......................???????? Might be enough to raise the curtain off the upper deck!

-I like this game but how in the heck after losing all the players from the 3 in a row era and last season's debacle are we an attractive opponent for a made for tv game in NYC?

It is bizarre, isn't it? I get the impression that our recent string of tournament appearances is a bigger deal outside the region than it is around here.

This is another opportunity to leave a good impression on East Coast recruits. With all the player attrition, Louisville looks like an NIT team. We have a chance to be competitive in this game.

Good programs and coaches rebound after a down year. For us, it was the perfect storm of a large SR graduating class, injury and disappointment from last year's Seniors, a small JR class b/c of coaching change and a disappointing Soph class w/o much experience. We will now see if we are a good program or not.

No excuses this year. The bad apples are gone, guys have a full year to mature and work on the holes in their games ... but we have talent and this talent needs to produce. Both last year and the excuses are over. I cannot wait.

The Pelican called it a few weeks ago ... I-State is now on the schedule, according to their website:

The non-conference home slate is highlighted by games against Ole Miss in the Big 12-SEC Challenge presented by Sonic on Saturday, January 30 and Atlantic 10 foe Saint Louis on Tuesday, December 29 ...

-if this info is correct and unless all the other games are 250+ opponents the schedule is more aggressive than I expected

Not to be a contrarian but its not really that much more difficult. K-state = Vandy. Wichita St. = Wichita St. Louisville has no real equal but its just one game. The lack of any info on a tournament suggests we aren't in one (hard to believe) or its a pretty poor tourney, which is what I would describe last year's tourney as. Really, the schedule is stacking up very much the same except for a neutral court game against Louisville.

Road trip to Manhattan. Pit stop in Salina.

PAYSTUBS.

If you were heading east from Colorado, this would make sense, Box. However, from St. Louis, this might end up costing you a paystub ;)B)

Not to be a contrarian but its not really that much more difficult. K-state = Vandy. Wichita St. = Wichita St. Louisville has no real equal but its just one game. The lack of any info on a tournament suggests we aren't in one (hard to believe) or its a pretty poor tourney, which is what I would describe last year's tourney as. Really, the schedule is stacking up very much the same except for a neutral court game against Louisville.

-I get that it might not be too different from last season's and that to me would be the surprise given what happened last season

Damn it. I was looking for an excuse to go there.

Well, there is the Wild Wild West Strip Club, which has been voted #1 strip club in Kansas. I'd like to get Jimbo to lead the caravan to Salina...again, lost paystub...

So last year it appeared we had 3 home/home series. And the year before we had 4. Any idea on this year.

2013-14: Indiana St, Vandy, Wichita St, Valpo

2014-15: Indiana St, Vandy, Wichita St.

2015-16: Wichita St., Kansas St.

So last year it appeared we had 3 home/home series. And the year before we had 4. Any idea on this year.

2013-14: Indiana St, Vandy, Wichita St, Valpo

2014-15: Indiana St, Vandy, Wichita St.

2015-16: Wichita St., Kansas St.

For completeness, I'd probably include SIUC the two previous years and SIUE for all 3 years.