GDT: SLU v. UMass - Ford's Return

SluSignGuy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Most of the actual contributors from this team are coming back, and you add Gordon, Thatch, and Pearson. While this year hurts for everyone involved, why the gloom and doom for the long term outlook of the program?

if any starters come back, I’d call it a miracle.

Next years team will be radically different.

Wouldn’t make a lick of sense for Foreman  to transfer, coming off a below avg yr. JJ can shoot but is otherwise limited. Bess could transfer but he would be transferring out of a situation where he’s the go to guy. I expect them back. Add Santos, Gordon, Thatch, and Pearson, looks good actually, just nit what it could’ve been next yr. However it opens up scholarships for a couple Juco guys, maybe a grad transfer. If Mo State can land a guy like Alize Johnson, Ford could have success adding some Juco guys.

8 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Wouldn’t make a lick of sense for Foreman  to transfer, coming off a below avg yr. JJ can shoot but is otherwise limited. Bess could transfer but he would be transferring out of a situation where he’s the go to guy. I expect them back. Add Santos, Gordon, Thatch, and Pearson, looks good actually, just nit what it could’ve been next yr. However it opens up scholarships for a couple Juco guys, maybe a grad transfer. If Mo State can land a guy like Alize Johnson, Ford could have success adding some Juco guys.

SLU is no longer a good landing spot for junior college players, since the NCAA changed the rules that requires juco transfers to have completed certain requirements toward their major at the four-year school they're transferring to.  Many of them major in physical education, which SLU doesn't have.  Has SLU landed a juco since Barry Eberhardt?  What was that, 11 years ago?

21 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You know how I know you’re not a billiken fan? Because you clearly haven’t watched a single minute of DJ this year. 

44 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I agree with your optimism.  Thank you.

22 minutes ago, HenryB said:

I think the coach was talking about other teams that they have played, in general, not specifically the Billikens.

The other thing about that paragraph is that I have heard TF say exactly the same thing after a Billiken loss.  It must be coach-speak.