Old Billiken Logo

HusakAttack

Does anyone know where to get an image of the Billiken bball logo where he is twirling the basketball? I am trying to have something made using it and need it as a reference but cannot find it anywhere online.

Does anyone know where to get an image of the Billiken bball logo where he is twirling the basketball? I am trying to have something made using it and need it as a reference but cannot find it anywhere online.

Doing my own quick online search, I couldn't find anything either. You could do a screen cap on the Orlando Stewart game video to get the image from the court, but it would be distorted and pretty crappy quality. Alternatively, I would try posting something on the PD board about it, I would hope they have some sort of image archives at the PD (not sure if they will give you the image though). Or you could email someone at SLU, but again I'm not sure they would give you the image.

I would hope they would, too, but I'd also hope that he'd figured out that someone on the board would search that database and return any results, of which, sadly, there are none. ;)

I was thinking there was a super secret stash of old Billiken photos/logos that the PD does not want to give us SLU fans access to because of their anti-SLU agenda. ;)

I've always thought it would be awesome if SLU started selling those banners that show the evolution of a team's logo

It would be cool if the had something in Chaifetz (I do not think they do) like the Cardinals have in that one stairwell of Busch Stadium that has the various incarnations of jerseys throughout the years. The Bills could do it for jerseys and/or logos.

For that matter it would be cool if there was a sort of Billiken's basketball museum inside Chaifetz that had this type of stuff along with old memorabilia, photos, and whatnot.

Be sure to get the express written consent of Saint Louis University to utilize this said logo. Any unauthorized, rebroadcast, or reproduction of this Billiken logo without the express written consent of Saint Louis University is punishable by University Honor Code. You will be forced to move into DeMattias Hall and listen to the ramblings of Theology students while your trying to get your drink on and hook it up with some ADpi that you wouldn't want to be seen in public with by real students.*

*This happened to me

I have that logo on a Nike long sleeve running shirt that my parents made for me. I wore it during the Indy Marathon last Dec and after the finish a guy came up to me and commented on how awesome it was. I was miserable and freezing so dudnt stop to figure out his story. I. know Box and Backhand have seen it....and they both beat me that day!

I was at a game at the old Kiel in '71 when Budweiser gave out free decals of the Billiken w/ the spinning ball. It immediately went on the rear window of my Audi, one of the first sold in St. Louis by the way. It was still the best Billiken logo I've ever seen and it was on the court in the Orlando Stewart post. We should petition the AD to bring it back. That logo was a winner. It was as if Billy was saying, "Give us your best shot, we're still gonna kick yer arse." We didn't but the logo looked like we were.

That logo with the winking billiken from the late 80s during the NIT runs with Bonner, Gray and Douglass that Torch posted is the one I have always liked the best. Not intimidating but don't think mascots have to be. Perhaps its just the one I identify from my youth. Just looking at it takes me back to the old Kiel.

To me, the new/current one always looked like a chipmunk without a neck.

That logo with the winking billiken from the late 80s during the NIT runs with Bonner, Gray and Douglass that Torch posted is the one I have always liked the best. Not intimidating but don't think mascots have to be. Perhaps its just the one I identify from my youth. Just looking at it takes me back to the old Kiel.

To me, the new/current one always looked like a chipmunk without a neck.

I associate it with those teams as well...and the blue kangaroo high tops they wore. I looked for those things in every Foot Locker, Athletes Foot and mail order catalog I could find but couldn't get a pair. Those shoes were the bomb!