Missouri State Really Won the Game!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...all of this arguing is dumb. Both teams are even. SLU won based on the refs call even if it was wrong. It counts as a W for them and an L for MSU. However, obviously the selection commitee will look at the score of the game and realize how close it was. I think the MOSt. fans need to get off their high horse b/c SLU is still just as good as them even if the basket really wasn't "good." Fact is both teams played poorly at times and there were numerous bad calls both ways. SLU went up 10 - 2, then disappeared, then went on a late run to make it close again. 2 of their best players missed 2 shots they normally make at the end of the game. Then IV tipped one in. Whether or not it was good is irrelevent now. The teams are evenly matched. That is that.

All this arguing is stupid. I still haven't seen anyone produce a video showing the red light and IV's shot at the buzzer. The only video evidence is the mediacom (SMS) broadcast. IV clearly tipped it in time on that video. IT'S GOOD. Show me video evidence contrary to this, I'll reconsider but to go on arguing about a PHANTOM VIDEO seen by a handful of people is retarded. If getting into the Dance comes down to a one-point win at home against SMS, then something goes REALLY wrong in conf play.

From the sound of some of the posts on this thread, it looks like some people are really losing sleep over it. First of all, MO State isn't going to be kept out of the Big Dance because of this loss. They have the rest of the season, to take out this "unfair" loss on their opponents. What great fuel to win some more games. MO State has some good wins before SLU and will continue to win and I hope they do. I can't believe this loss in causing this much pain to some. Is it insecurity? Are you paranoid now after being shafted last year from the tournament? I'm not being a smart as#, I truly want to know.

Also, if the NCAA is going to watch a tape from the game, they can't fairly watch one tenth of a second of a game and then determine if the win was legit or not. If they are going to do that, they should watch the entire game again and some of the bad calls the refs made throughout the game need to be reanalyzed. If they do that maybe Mo State wins the game maybe Mo state loses by 10.

If there's hanging chad and you're going to do a recount, you can just pick the last 10 votes to recount you need to recount all the ballots, and that's not going to happen. Send the tape to the NCAA. They will think the same thing.

Mo State keeps playing well they will earn the tourney. Slu keeps playing well they will earn the tourney.

From above blog post:

http://www.springfieldnews-leader.com/apps...GS0701/61220020

“Nothing can be done relating to outcome of game,” Missouri Valley Conference commissioner Doug Elgin said. “The officials made the right call based on the information they had.”

Both coaches thought it didn't count.

The SLU announcers thought it didn't count.

I knew it didn't count.

It was a bang-bang play, and the refs correctly reviewed it with the video they had on hand, a video provided by the broadcast crew.

The broadcast clearly showed 0.1 second on the clock, so the tip counted. The clock was not synched with the official game clock, but the video was the ONLY one provided by the Springfield station.

Sometimes honest errors are made, and this is one.

BTW, how many times a season are the clocks calibrated and synched in Springfield? Probably zero times, so it would not be unreasonable to expect a similar error to be possible at some time in the future. You just never expect to be in a situation where a tenth of a second matters in a basketball game.

It was a game where I could accept a win or a loss. In the end, after six reviews, the lead ref said "It's good, boys," and that is what counts. No conspiracy, no slanted deck, and Hinson noted the tip was good by the telecast video the refs reviewed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

like i said before maybe the ncaa will have a Mr. Congeniality award! WE WON YOU LOST ITS OVER STOP POSTING ON THIS BOARD ABOUT IT

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

>Does it not bother you that you won because the clocks in

>your own building are not synchronized? Wouldn't you rather

>win it because your players performed better than ours?

No. Actually, I like it better this way because it bothers you so much. I'm liking it more and more every time you post, in fact.

>SLU's win over this mid-major must have been important.

As if SLU isn't a mid-major? At least Missouri State has been to the post season recently.

You couldn't find many

>people outside the MVC territory who even know who Missouri

>State is. You tell them that we beat Mo. State and they

>think we beat Mizzou.

If you told someone that St. Louis U. beat Missouri State they'd probably say, "St. Louis U has a basketball program?" Do you think SLU is considered to be a good basketball program outside of I-270? The level of arrogance that some SLU fans have is almost inconceivable. First rate University - second rate fans.

Because SLU's tape that is being watched is a different camera that shows the clock and red light on the top of the backboard. The clock that the refs saw was on the TV screen, which was not in sync with the red light and the clock on the basket.

Watch an NFL game sometime and watch the play clock on TV. It will hit "0" several times during the game and the offense will still get the play off. It is the same thing. The clock in the stadium is the official clock, not what is on TV.

>I'm sorry but it wouldn't be all that empty.......

>

>A couple freethrows, a couple less turnovers, and we aren't

>looking at a replay of Florida in 2000......

Are you referring to the Butler-Florida game where Mike Miller scored on a finger roll at the buzzer in the 1st round that propelled them to the title game? You didnt think I saw that game did you?