The Benton Harbor Beast

From what I understand SLU got a verbal commitment from Rodney Alexander. He is a 6'7" 220 pound athlete from Redlands CC. I don't think the Bills have had a player like this since the current staff has been here. He is a 3/4 and he was sought after by a variety of schools including Big Ten schools.

Dave Telep at Scout.com had this to say about him in 2004:

"The Michigan Mustangs are not very talented this year. However, they have a potential mid-major combo forward on Rodney Alexander who is 6-5 but plays like he’s 6-8. He’s crafty and a max effort guy. …"

I like crafty.

Congratulations to the staff. Finally a committment. Jamal sounds like a good addition to the current roster, athlectic and plays bigger than his stated size. I also like the fact that he is a maximum effort guy. Hopefully some larger schools may have passed on him due to his size and that can be a great motivator.

Can he shoot or is he more of a rebounder type.?

I agree. This sounds like an outstanding addition if true. I only wish we had gotten a player like this to play alongside Ian for this year. As I stated in the spring, this is exactly the kind of juco player I thought would have been a perfect addition to last year's recruiting class. Dang it! Oh well, let's hope the three frontcourt frosh exceed expectations this year.

I just went to check out Redlands and I saw a couple players of note. The first one being 6'7 forward Ty Morrison. He had originally committed to Mizzou and then withdrew once Quinn resigned. He was one of the top rated JUCO's and is now at Chreighton, he is supposedly a guy with NBA ability. The other name I recognized is Vaidotas Volkus a 6'8 forward from Lithuania. This kid is at the University of Missouri playing for Mike Anderson. Just some names of note who played with our future Billiken.