Other teams you root for

I noticed this over at the UC board and found it interesting. I think we may have done this before, but what teams besides SLU do you root for?

Here are mine:

Xavier-a fellow Jesuit school that I have liked since SLU and X were both in the MCC. Plus a buddy of mine goes there.

Kentucky-When I was a little kid my grandmother brought me back some UK sweatshirts and sweatpants from a trip she took there, and since they were blue and white(like SLU), I became a UK fan and have been ever since.

Other Catholic schools-such as Marquette, Gonzaga, Notre Dame(more for football), Georgetown, Creighton, Dayton, Villanova, St. John's, Boston College, etc.

Illinois-local team, plus they have that rivalry with Mizzou.

Whoever is playing Mizzou.

i root for the st louis cardinals and the st louis rams. in college basketball, i root only for the billikens. if you ask me while watching a game not involving the billikens who i root for, there are teams i always root against (no need to go into that). otherwise, i typically pull for the underdog.

Illinois (Especially when they are playing MU.)

Anyone Playing MU.

Anyone in CUSA not playing us at the time.

Anyone playing Notre Dame in any sport.

Seems silly but there are more teams I tend to root against.

Given the time of year I'll throw in

Anyone playing the Rams

Dallas Cowboys (please Bill get Jerry to shut up and stay up in his box)

On the pro side, I'll root for the Cardinals, Rams and Blues only because their winning is good for the local economy and the city's image.

On the college bball side, I pull for all Jesuit universities, plus the likes of Dayton, Butler, St. Mary's (Ca.) or any college team where I have had an occasion to meet the head coach or an assistant (SIU-C, Ill. State, Cornell, St. Bonaventure, etc.)

If I'm watching a SEC bball team playing a Big 12 bball team I'll root for the coach that most recently got off NCAA probation.

Growing up in Nebraska, Nebraska football was always most important. In basketball it was Creighton first and then Nebraska. Since Creighton is in the Valley & going to the last 8 MVC tournaments here in St Louis, I am a fan of all the schools in the Valley when not playing Creighton. I came SLU and became a SLU fan.

Mizzou.

SLU, unless the posters on this board get especially obnoxious, than anyone playing SLU.

Anyone playing Illinois. I certainly don't consider them a local team, plus we have that little rivalry going.

KU, except when playing MU.

OU, except when playing MU.

OSU, except when playing MU.

Kentucky.

Michigan State.

Marquette.

UConn.

Beyond the Billikens, I watch college b-ball largely for the coaches. Gene Keady...Bobby Knight...Bob Huggins: Few sights in sports pay a larger entertainment dividend than seeing one of those guys blow a gasket. And that little rooster at Charlotte -- Lutz -- he's at least half the show whenever his team takes the floor. Matt Dougherty chest-bumping that Dookie last season...I could go on, but you get the point: Game for game, few sports are better than college b-ball at giving fans what we really want: Grown Men, Behaving Badly -- On National TV.

Pro Cardinals, Rams, Blues, T-Wolves

College Football Mizzou, Notre Dame (My cousin plays TE for them, otherwise I hate them with a passion).

College BBall - SLU, first and foremost. Any underdog in the tourney.

There are several teams I follow and actively root against at any oppurtunity including but not limited to Mizzou, Duke, Kentucky, Florida, Memphis, UAB (until Bartow dies or quits going to the games), UNLV, Xavier, Virginia (or whoever Pete Gillen happens to be coaching this week), and Notre Dame.

Pros...all of the St. Louis teams. I lived 4 years in Seattle and the only team that I really rooted for were the Sonics. I moved here to the Tampa area in 2000 and I still have not learned to root for the Bucs even though I found out last season how cool it was to have the home team win the Super Bowl.

College football...hands down it has to be my wife's alma mater the UT Vols. I did have season tickets for Mizzou when Uncle Al Onofrio was HC and kept them until I jumped off Woody's Wagon. Coolest game I ever saw Mizzou win was vs defending National Champs ND at South Bend and Mizzou won 3-0.

College basketball has always been my alma mater SLU Bills. My 2nd favorite team is the Gonzaga Bull Dogs who I followed closely when I lived in Seattle. I sure hope that our Bills can get on a similar run that the Zags have had.

Pro Braves, Cowboys, Blues, Dallas Burn (MLS Brad Davis' team)

College Basketball SLU, anyone playing S.P.U.M.A.C. (scandal plagued university Missouri at Columbia), most Catholic Schools (not ND), CUSA schools

College Football Auburn, anyone playing Alabama

International Sporting Events USA, Germany, Slovenia (I just have a soft spot for those guys)

Pro: Red Sox, New York Giants(NFL), Celtics, my New England upbringing is responsible.

College: Football, Michigan (hated Woody Hayes)

Hoops: Billikens only, although am developing a soft spot for College of Charleston. I do root for Ohio State, because of Jim O'Brien. But it's the Bills forever.

I believe that SPUMAC (scandal plagued university of Missouri at Columbia) is now the official title for Boone County Vo-Tech Inst. as used by the NCAA terrible programs investigation committee and general media not to include international wire services. Therefore, I encourage all to utilize this acronymn.

i don't get why all you guys are so anti-mizzou. i definitely root for the tigers (though i don't go to school there, rather at clemson -- totally different tigers with terrible basketball). i don't have it out for the billikens, i'll root for them not against mizzou. now kansas, or illinois, there are teams to hate.

of course i am a clemson fan since i go there, but honetly, there's not much there to get excited about, so i have my other tigers to get me through the winter. that is if rickey clemons doesn't prove to be the death of the program . . . but i'm confident mizzou will be okay. much to your dismay i'm sure steve (sorry man, maybe next year).

College - Marquette will always be #1 for me. Michigan State (hometown, brother goes there now), Gonzaga (wanted to go to law school there, fiancee said no, met great people from there) whoever is playing Wisconsin-Madison, Michigan or Notre Dame. If any of the 3 are playing one another I hope both teams can somehow lose.

Baseball - Cards and Tigers (yes, Tigers!)

Football - Lions

Basketball - Pistons, Bucks, now the Heat because of Wade;

Hockey - Red Wings, any Canadian team when not playing the Wings (especially Ottawa and Edmonton).

Hawgs in fooball grew up in ark

la tech in bb and football, went to school there

slu only d1 game in stl when I lived there. I have never traveled and spent money to see a team but I will travel 3 times this year to see the bills play sms, memphis, and az.

ualr because I now live in little rock and it is the only game in town. just bought my season tickets and I am 5 rows off center court. so me and the other 8 people can watch the game from upclose.

Hey Tigerluke>>>>>>on my way home from work today on I-26 between Asheville and Hendersonville it seemed every other car had one of those stupid orange flags with a tiger paw on it. Anyway good luck this weekend against Georgia. I work with some obnoxious Dawgs' fans and I would love for your Tigers (being the underdog) to beat them.

Favorite pro teams>>>>>since I grew up in upstate NY, naturally like the Knicks, Jets and Mets.

College>>>>>>For football, Tennessee Vols. For bball, many of the Big East Teams (St John's and Seton Hall), UNC Asheville (caught many of the Bull Dog games and really enjoyed it) and UNC Tarheels.

All time favorite= my alma mater the SLU Billikens.

Can't go easy on S.P.U.M.A.C. fans no matter whom they are friends with. I am related to some (not by blood thank God) and I don't go easy on them either.

Don't lose heart as a Clemson student. In the ACC all you have to do to get in the tourny is have a winning record and be in the top 6-7 in the conference. Clemson should be able to do that.