Billikens and Suggs

Apparently some of the Billikens players will be at Whitfield School with the Suggs Family on Sunday. This is recruiting at it's best. Kramer spending the weekend with Scott. The Bills spending the afternoon with the family. And you guys say the Bills aren't trying to recruit.

Orange Julius.....re: "and you guys say the Bills aren't trying to recruit"..

In early April, Nate made the following two statements which the unknowing bought into as SLU is not out recruiting:

"you don't see BS and his assistant coaches out at games recruiting very often"...

and

"I almost never see a SLU staff member out looking at kids throughout the area"...

When certain posters read those statements....they believe them as fact, because of Nate's respected position as a P-D sports writer.

The fact is, SLU is recruiting and working very hard at it. How well do they recruit.... SLU's wins and loses over the next few years will answer that question better than I can.

Good to hear that from you. IMO the thought that UB and his staff doesn't work hard is ridiculous. You don't have to know Brad long to know that if nothing else he will work hard. I hope your son decides to become a Bill.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

>In early April, Nate made the following two statements which

>the unknowing bought into as SLU is not out recruiting:

>

>"you don't see BS and his assistant coaches out at games

>recruiting very often"...

>

>and

>

>"I almost never see a SLU staff member out looking at kids

>throughout the area"...

>

>When certain posters read those statements....they believe

>them as fact, because of Nate's respected position as a P-D

>sports writer.

>

>The fact is, SLU is recruiting and working very hard at it.

>How well do they recruit.... SLU's wins and loses over the

>next few years will answer that question better than I can.

Those are facts.

An opinion would be that SLU hasn't done a very good job of keeping St. Louis players home over the last few years, though it's been better recently (with two kids).

It's a fact that I've only seen Brad Soderberg at two or three high school games over the last few years. That doesn't mean he's not recruiting hard, as you like to insist, it just means I haven't seen him much in my attending a couple high school games a week for the last three years.

- Nate

Ah ok.....

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!

This also is a fact.

Should you happen to hear this spoken by a govt official, who works for the CDC, and who is speaking at a news conference about bird flu, it has a different meaning......

Are you questioning Brads methods, work ethic, etc? or just point out an interesting fact??????

nate said,

"An opinion would be that SLU hasn't done a very good job of keeping St. Louis players home over the last few years, though it's been better recently (with two kids)."

1(lisch)+1(liddell)+1(polk)+1(meyer)=2?

Roy

I hope your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek when you wrote that. At the time that DP and LM were signed, there was no outcry at the time. They were seen as additions to our program.

There was joy when AK signed last week. As it will when LS signs this week.

The local recruiting has improved tremendously in the past few years, and that is good for St Louis, as it is good for SLU. Let's wait two more years for the final numbers and contributions for Polk and Meyer before we give them no credit for their body of work.

mhg

>nate said,

>

>"An opinion would be that SLU hasn't done a very good job of

>keeping St. Louis players home over the last few years,

>though it's been better recently (with two kids)."

>

>1(lisch)+1(liddell)+1(polk)+1(meyer)=2?

Roy,

Of the five local players SLU has signed in the last few years (including Dustin Maguire - not including Adam Knollmeyer), how many had more than one or two scholarship offers at the time they committed?

Polk was a good signing, but he wasn't in high demand when he committed. His only other offer was from Valpo.

Luke Meyer was a good signing. It's questionable how many offers he had. Meyer had interest from several schools — Stanford, Nebraska, Penn, Princeton, Evansville and Santa Clara — but how many of those schools had offers on the table.

Dustin Maguire I think will be a decent signing in time. But when he committed his only scholarship offer was from St. Louis U.

Tommie Liddell and Kevin Lisch were both kids with a lot of options, especially Liddell after he went to prep school for an extra year. Both had several quality options and were major recruits for a couple years.

Those were the two big gets for this program, two players who can change the fortunes of the team and who you can build around. The other St. Louis area recruits were good additions, guys you need to fill out a solid roster, but Lisch and Liddell were the two that everyone would be complaining about had they gotten away.

- Nate

Is it possible that in the long run Kramer Soderberg might be the best recruit in his signing class? I remember listening to Ryan and Troy Robertson say that Kramer is a good D1 point guard right now, in the Brian Grawer vein but better offensively.

>Is it possible that in the long run Kramer Soderberg might

>be the best recruit in his signing class? I remember

>listening to Ryan and Troy Robertson say that Kramer is a

>good D1 point guard right now, in the Brian Grawer vein but

>better offensively.

Kramer is looking more and more like a decent D-1 prospect.

But Scott Suggs and John Brandenburg both have the potential to be excellent Division I players and play for money after their college careers are over.

- Nate

so it only counts as signing a local player if that player signed was being pursued by bigger programs?

i dont understand the logic. meyer, polk, lisch and liddell are all former first team all metro players. that means they were about as good as it gets signingwise from the area. coach soderberg keeps them in st louis but you only want to give credit for lisch and liddell. nate i am one of your biggest fans, however that seems a little 2 sided.

SLU recruiting regularly gets nailed for not signing SIU-C great....Darren Brooks.

Using the "how many offers were on the table" judging concept, just think about Darren Brooks. When SIU-C offered Darren Brooks in April of his senior year, Darren had one "other offer on the table"..... that being from Morris Brown College in Atlanta.

So much for the "other offers on the table" concept to judge a signing. The only true test to evaluate a signing is time, like in 3-4-5 years!

>>Is it possible that in the long run Kramer Soderberg might

>>be the best recruit in his signing class? I remember

>>listening to Ryan and Troy Robertson say that Kramer is a

>>good D1 point guard right now, in the Brian Grawer vein but

>>better offensively.

>

>Kramer is looking more and more like a decent D-1 prospect.

>

>But Scott Suggs and John Brandenburg both have the potential

>to be excellent Division I players and play for money after

>their college careers are over.

>

>- Nate

Suggs, Brandenburg, Soderberg, and Perry are the only one's we are hearing about, but they are 16's playing on the 17's. Are none of the seniors to be on the 17's producing or worthy of an offer? Nate I'm asking you because you seem to have some inside info. Are any of the seniors to be performing and who are the legit division prospects in the area for the class of 2007? Others are welcome to comment.