Who is everyone?

davidnark

I'm a frequent lurker, and haven't posted in a very long time. I'm a 2000 graduate of SLU and a former Baby Blue (very curious to know who the Baby Blues are two previous posters mentioned).

I'm engaged to former player Justin Love (wedding June 2006). He's playing in Ludwigsburg, Germany right now, and I just got back from visiting him.

Can't wait for the Gonzaga game!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, has it been six seasons since Love was hear. Man i'm getting old. That cant be the last time we made it to the Big Dance. That's okay though, this season is the foundation for a strong building of success that starts with Polk, Meyer, Brown, Lisch, Liddell, Ikeakor, and Maguire. They are all sophs or younger they are the future.

SLU Class of 2002

B.S Business Administration

International Business and Finance

Work and live in Chicago for the Sigma Chi Foundation, currently a part-time MBA student at DePaul.

Try to catch all Bills game in the Chicago area and trying to find a bar in Chicago that will sponsor the Bills but it is hard with the Charter contract.

Enjoyed going to games in school but have developed a deeper love for the Bills after school in the hopes that we will become a nationalk power and people won't ask me: "Saint Louis University, now is that University of Missouri-St. Louis?"

School of Social Service '74 BSW and '75 MSW. Also have a MPH from New Your Medical College.

Been employed by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the past 26 years. Current position is Chief, Social Work Service at the Gulf Coast VA Health Care System in Biloxi, MS.

Followed the Bills since HS in the late 60's. Best time I had as Billiken fan was when I was a undergrad and followed the great Harry Rogers teams (70-74). In the 5 years of attending SLU probably did not miss more then 4-5 games. Even went to many of the away games with a group of friends during those years.

Now make several home games if they are within a five hour drive. Really ticked they they will no longer schedule USM and Tulane.

Tarheel

Ken Reeves, graduated 1969, Delta Sigma Phi, broker/owner of Coldwell Banker Reeves in my native Sullivan, Mo, one hour west of St. Louis on I-44.

Billiken fan since high school when I saw my first SLU/Mizzou game at the old Kiel. Including school, lived in St. Louis about 20 years before returning home. Long-time season ticket holder, Tip Off Club and Billiken Club member, sit in 104 row A right behind our bench; rarely miss a home game except for very good reason and have enjoyed many road trips and hope to make many more.

I am very optimistic about the Billikens' future.

Really grateful for what I got at SLU.

Diane Blaskiewicz

I am currently a junior and a marketing major at SLU--who's looking for an internship somewhere this summer--and I am the president of the BLUE CREW. I am originally from St. Louis (graduated Villa Duchesne '03). I come from a Billiken family, where everyone in my immediate family attended SLU at some point. Before coming to SLU, I hated basketball and knew absolutely nothing about the wonders of Billiken Basketball, but my RA freshman year told me I should join Blue Crew. I fell in love with every aspect of the game/atmosphere at that first game and I've been trying to make Billiken Basketball the biggest thing at SLU ever since. Also, I was the main organizer of this year's 1st annual "Billiken Madness". You can currently find me in the front row of the Blue Crew section at every home game (I'm the one holding up all the signs--wearing a blue Santa hat until Christmas). GO BILLS!!

Steve Schuman

Class of 2004. Currently a Masters student in Urban Planning and Real Estate Development in SLU's Public Policy Department. Once caused a Billiken game to completely stop at the age of 2(?)because I ran onto the court while the game was being played at the old Kiel Auditorium. 4-year member of Blue Crew and Sigma Chi. Have played twice on the Savvis floor for games with University City during the MLK classic and Coca Cola Shootout. Am looking forward to when SLU is back in the tournament (this year?).

Billiken all life. SLUH '96 - SLU '00. Graduated suma ###### laude at SLU. Miss maybe 1 or 2 games per year but only if out of town. Make up for it with a road trip or two per year. So. Illinois and Memphis are my favorites. Too bad Memphis is done. Visit Platinum Palace when in Memphis in addition to "Alfred's". Been going to games since I was born. Dad was season ticket holder. I've been in the Billiken Club for 5 yrs - Currently Captains Club Level. Name changed 5 times to my knowledge due to my forgetfullness, lack of posting and site crashing. I am at Humphrey's for every home game for the bus so you can meet me there. We will have 15 plus people tomorrow.

I'm not a true fan though b/c I haven't posted on this site 2000 plus times.

bb2000, give us more details on justin? any other americans on his team. his stats? he played in china last year right? how did that go?

also, you and your future father in law both need to make more frequent visits here to join the crew!

tell charles to send us a 6'8" power forward from san fran (he should has sent us powe!)!!!!

Double grad of SLU--1967 undergrad in Political Science

1970 law

Born and raised in St. Louis and my dad used to take me to Bills games when I was a young boy. He played guard at SLU in the 40's. I played some ball as a walk on for the freshman team in the days when freshmen could not play on the varsity so they needed someone to fill out the practices.

Ever since the day I arrived at SLU in 1963 I have been a diehard Bills fan. I have seen some great teams and some lousy ones. I have seen some excellent coaches and some lousy ones--the absolute worst was Ekker. My favorite all time player is Anthony Bonner! When I was in college we used to go down and watch the public high leagues games and the basketball was wonderful and the fans were a blast to talk to about basketball. I saw some of the all time greats including Jo Jo White, Rich Parks, Eugene Moore, etc.

I have seen home games at the West Pine gym, Kiel, the old Arena, Saavis Center and the Family Arena. I travelled to see us play in conference tournaments and our various NCAA games.

No one can claim to be a bigger fan although many are just as rabib!

I am older than most posters but I can guarantee I cheer louder than most of you at every game. I am a huge fan of the Blue Crew! In the earlier years I sat right behind the opposing bench and several opposing coaches, including Al Maguire and Denny Crum became very aggravated by my comments--never with any obscenities--that they challenged me to a fight right there. I was going down to meet Crum and then Wiley Brown, a huge guy for Louisville, came to help so I withdrew quietly! I have only missed a handful of home games since 1963. I read this board with great interest. I hope you all have a great Christmas.

Melissa Rhodus

BSBA from SLU in Dec 2003

I'm from St. Charles (mostly) but after SLU I couldn't leave the city and currently live downtown. I get to walk to Billikens games. This is my sixth year in the Pep Band and now I sit (stand, really) on the end of the mellophone row where Amy K. used to sit. Favorite band memory...making signs in response to the letter to the Post that said the band was "mean-spirited". I'm sure Barbara of Chesterfield, MO appreciated those...oh and that Louisville win was pretty cool too. :)

My parents are always at the game and my younger sister plays tuba for us when she's on break from MSU and we're missing the out of towners. Go Bills!

SLUH '98, SLU '02

Sigma Chi, graduated with a Marketing degree from the BSchool

Big SLU fan ever since my pop brought home a Bonner autograph for me in grade school. Currently work as a publicist for movie studios in the St. Louis area (Disney/Touchstone). Go see "Glory Road" on January 13th...it's a great college basketball story.

Frank. Good friends with SLUWX. Been going to SLU games since the early 80s (still have season tix that I never sit in!!). Been a member of the SLU band since 95-96 season. Work in local radio in production and news.

One of the oldest posters, Richmond Heights native, SLUH '60, SLU '64 when I left St. Louis. Before starting to post here last time this topic came up I had a hard time following my alma mater. I used to go to all my high school and college games, was on a few teams back then.

Thanks to all of you for keeping us out of town fans up to date on the team. I'm hoping to see the Bills play a SF Bay Area school soon. Moved from Alameda to Kenwood in the Sonoma valley last year.

I wish I had more to add to the discussions I enjoy reading almost daily. I don't know how I missed this thread, except that the pre-Christmas rush is distracting.

Check out the photos on http://billiken.smugmug.com/