welcome, AJ Casey

9 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Numbers aren't that impressive, but he was highly thought of coming out of high school and has played 1 minute in a Final Four game (0p/0r/0a). 

Expanded. 

But I’m real high on this kid, feels like a perfect fit. 

Love this guy on the roster. Athleticism; length. Can guard 3/4. Can be a smallish 4 in the A-10 who can also protect the rim some. Dalger was supposed to be like this but without the length and athleticism. But still, we saw the team with and without Dalger, and how much difference he made. Kind of like another Thames but a bit more proven. 

2 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Love this guy on the roster. Athleticism; length. Can guard 3/4. Can be a smallish 4 in the A-10 who can also protect the rim some. Dalger was supposed to be like this but without the length and athleticism. But still, we saw the team with and without Dalger, and how much difference he made. Kind of like another Thames but a bit more proven. 

I'm on board with all of this except the bolded part.  The team was dogsh*t both with and without Dalger.  He was not a good Division 1 player & didn't make much of a difference.  Dalger's last game was vs VCU on 1/19.  Our Kenpom afer that game was 199.  We also finished the year at 199. 

14 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Coach specifically said he can guard the 1-5. I don't fully buy the guarding a point guard thing but his tape is promising. The point is he can definitely guard the 5 and that's obviously a big part of why he was targeted. 

5 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm on board with all of this except the bolded part.  The team was dogsh*t both with and without Dalger.  He was not a good Division 1 player & didn't make much of a difference.  Dalger's last game was vs VCU on 1/19.  Our Kenpom afer that game was 199.  We also finished the year at 199. 

You're correct - Tim Dalger was downright AWFUL. Least favorite Billiken in Ford's tenure. 

21 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Coach specifically said he can guard the 1-5. I don't fully buy the guarding a point guard thing but his tape is promising. The point is he can definitely guard the 5 and that's obviously a big part of why he was targeted. 

You're correct - Tim Dalger was downright AWFUL. Least favorite Billiken in Ford's tenure. 

I stand corrected. I thought they went from awful to dumpster fire but they were just dumpster fire the whole time. It was Ford's best effort at a long, wing defender but it was a miserable failure.