GDT: SLU v. St. Josephs

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We were told( like a ton of other false promises) that Parker was maybe the best passer on the team.  Hopefully Fords telling Parker to give us that too. If Parker starts sharing the ball, perhaps We just run him out there at the point at times.  Nothing else to lose. If it doesn't work, so be it. 

I don't want my only player that can score from anywhere on floor running the point and having to worry about getting other players involved in the offense.  I want him looking to score every time the ball is in his hands.

TRN, billiken_roy and CenHudDude like this

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't want my only player that can score from anywhere on floor running the point and having to worry about getting other players involved in the offense.  I want him looking to score every time the ball is in his hands.

He would have the ball in his hands more this way.  But my point was really that if he is actually the best passer on the team, I'd like for him to show that off tiny bit. With his length, I do wonder if he would guard a PG better than a 2-3 spot.  But not sure Parker cares to guard anyone so may not matter

12 minutes ago, willie said:

Parker is not Catlin Clark. He is not going to share the ball. 

Correct, he is not going to share it.  Though if Ford is correct, I wish he would. 

I think the PG position is so weak, running anyone out there might be better than what we see now.  I like Medley, but he has no shot and makes the offense play 4 on 5.

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I think the PG position is so weak, running anyone out there might be better than what we see now.  I like Medley, but he has no shot and makes the offense play 4 on 5.

he is also the definition of an over dribbler.   i agree with taj, at this point in this lost season, what's the sense in playing him beyond breathers, foul trouble and injuries.   in hindsight not sure what we expected we would get with meadows considering his previous college career.   didnt exactly evolve from a blue blood program.

44 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

he is also the definition of an over dribbler.   i agree with taj, at this point in this lost season, what's the sense in playing him beyond breathers, foul trouble and injuries.   in hindsight not sure what we expected we would get with meadows considering his previous college career.   didnt exactly evolve from a blue blood program.

I heard Rammer said Meadows is out for the year - Did anyone listen to the Sunday/Monday shows that he might have said that on?

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I heard Rammer said Meadows is out for the year - Did anyone listen to the Sunday/Monday shows that he might have said that on?

Someone on here mentioned that on a recap as well. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Someone on here mentioned that on a recap as well. 

Thanks, I missed that. Did a lot of skimming after not being around much this weekend.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Thanks, I missed that. Did a lot of skimming after not being around much this weekend.

IIRC also whoever said that, said "he may" be out for the rest of the year. 

I’m guilty of suggesting LHJ should get more time at the point. He seemed to handle it well last season, but 7 TO’s is inexcusable for a PG. Medley seems lately to like to mix it up with the trees by driving inside with nowhere to go but attempt an ill advised pass. I don’t agree with Parker just getting the ball and trying to be Superman. That’s not gonna work unless he occasionally looks to pass the rock to an open man. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I’m guilty of suggesting LHJ should get more time at the point. He seemed to handle it well last season, but 7 TO’s is inexcusable for a PG. Medley seems lately to like to mix it up with the trees by driving inside with nowhere to go but attempt an ill advised pass. I don’t agree with Parker just getting the ball and trying to be Superman. That’s not gonna work unless he occasionally looks to pass the rock to an open man. 

Not justifying 7 TOs, at least in LHJ's case he reduces the liability somewhat by snagging some steals and rebounds.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

a turnover is a turnover, however i will say at least 4 of hughes turnovers were brain dead passes when medley was also in the game.  i.e. he was playing wing for the majority of his turnovers.  

brianstl and HoosierPal like this