Ky Wes recap

The Wiz

My take on this game....A big difference from last Friday's open practice....notably the subtraction of Eze, SvB and Magassa.... Not just the missing production of the players who didn't play but some production was lost by players  who played in the open practice as they were not able to max out without an inside presence.

I ran a couple of simulations...not a lot of data at this point but some  interesting results......

First...the Bills open practice squad from last Fri beats the Bills team on the floor that played KWU by 9.....

Second....The Bills open practice squad from last Fri beats KWU by 16.

Again, the major difference...Eze, SvB and Magassa.  Also, the returning players...GJ, SP, LH and THJ all had similar games to last Fri.  GJ struggling a little from the field but still getting his pts....SP and LH making shots and THJ playing his game with some decent offense and trying as best he could to fight off the big boys in both games.

Bottom line... What kind of season will it be?  Depends on who shows up once the season starts.

Gremio14 and SLU_Nick like this

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

My take on this game....A big difference from last Friday's open practice....notably the subtraction of Eze, SvB and Magassa.... Not just the missing production of the players who didn't play but some production was lost by players  who played in the open practice as they were not able to max out without an inside presence.

I ran a couple of simulations...not a lot of data at this point but some  interesting results......

First...the Bills open practice squad from last Fri beats the Bills team on the floor that played KWU by 9.....

Second....The Bills open practice squad from last Fri beats KWU by 16.

Again, the major difference...Eze, SvB and Magassa.  Also, the returning players...GJ, SP, LH and THJ all had similar games to last Fri.  GJ struggling a little from the field but still getting his pts....SP and LH making shots and THJ playing his game with some decent offense and trying as best he could to fight off the big boys in both games.

Bottom line... What kind of season will it be?  Depends on who shows up once the season starts.

When you say "depends on who shows up once the season starts" you mean whether Eze, SvB, and Magassa will be playing. I think that a more profound difference may well be the level of attendance to the games. A 50/50 raffle payout of $183 for the first exhibition game is a very poor prognostic sign for the season.

44 minutes ago, Old guy said:

When you say "depends on who shows up once the season starts" you mean whether Eze, SvB, and Magassa will be playing. I think that a more profound difference may well be the level of attendance to the games. A 50/50 raffle payout of $183 for the first exhibition game is a very poor prognostic sign for the season.

Combination of lack of buzz, fan hangover from last year's disappointment and a terrible schedule.  They're going to need to string some wins together and show a fun and exciting brand of basketball to get the fans back in the house.

Coach314 likes this

13 minutes ago, kappy96 said:

Combination of lack of buzz, fan hangover from last year's disappointment and a terrible schedule.  They're going to need to string some wins together and show a fun and exciting brand of basketball to get the fans back in the house.

well i had fun last night.   it was ragged, but the game was definitely energized play by the team.  

Adman likes this

I bought my tickets this year just to keep my seats.  I usually attend about 90% of the games.  This year I’m projecting about 40-50% based off the schedule and perceived quality of the team.   No reason to throw good money after bad by paying for gas,parking,concessions,and the time commitment.  My seats have been filled 90% of the time for the last 10plus years.  I honestly think the only thing that will change things is poor attendance.  

4 minutes ago, Slowry said:

I bought my tickets this year just to keep my seats.  I usually attend about 90% of the games.  This year I’m projecting about 40-50% based off the schedule and perceived quality of the team.   No reason to throw good money after bad by paying for gas,parking,concessions,and the time commitment.  My seats have been filled 90% of the time for the last 10plus years.  I honestly think the only thing that will change things is poor attendance.  

Well, if they are not decent then trying to give the tix away will be next to impossible.  We have all experienced that in the past

14 minutes ago, Slowry said:

SLU seems to be so bottom line focused, just not coming wont phase them a bit.   but people not renewing i.e. less revenue, will be the needed impact.   while i would like to be one of those difference makers, i am too much of a sports fan and in particular a billiken addict, i wont be cancelling tickets anytime in the near future.