GDT: Davidson; What did the triangle offense scream at the ball?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-on the broadcast last night after one of the fouls of a 3pt shooter Rammer said something very close to 'why try to block a 3pt shot? you'll get it once and feel good but the other times you either foul or get out of position' 

I don't know why more players don't just jump straight up from 4-5 feet away instead of going towards the shooter. Anything to throw off the shooter's vision of the hoop and you're still in front of them for a box out..

I know this is an exaggerated example and we don't have a 7'2" player on the roster but something like this

cgeldmacher likes this

9 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Would love to see him cut out the overly aggressive fouls he commits when defending the post. He’s strong enough to hold his position without pushing off.

The early third foul in the second half was one of the silliest fouls you can commit, but as a result it forced him to play more with his feet and get his hands straight up. There were multiple times as the second half went on he made great plays because he was forced to play sound defense. Once he realizes he’s good enough to play straight up and use his legs he’ll be a force down there. 

Don't want to go back through all 16 pages, but for the poster who mentioned Jimerson only shooting one FT for the Tech, but showing up as missing one on the initial game stats, that has been corrected.  You can go to the SLU website game stats.

Good catch.  I guess in today's world, we should say, "First announced by XYZ."  But I don't recall who XYZ is.  

billikenbill likes this

35 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Don't want to go back through all 16 pages, but for the poster who mentioned Jimerson only shooting one FT for the Tech, but showing up as missing one on the initial game stats, that has been corrected.  You can go to the SLU website game stats.

Good catch.  I guess in today's world, we should say, "First announced by XYZ."  But I don't recall who XYZ is.  

an mbm contacted the billikens stat guy and he corrected it

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Oh yeah, baby!! 😀 Trying to figure out a way to humble brag this!!

Back in town after a great weekend in Charlotte.  Fantastic game.  Got to see the breaking of the Belk Curse in person with 18 of my great college friends.  The refs were terrible early on.  You might have heard me yelling "7 to 1!!!  7-1!!!" at the refs in the first half on the broadcast when the fouls were 7 on us and 1 on Davidson.  This brought out some chirping from the Wildcat fans, but that only made the experience more fun.

If you ever want to do a road game, Davidson is a great option.  Charlotte is a cool town with a Austin or Nashville kind of vibe.  The streets are packed each night with people out on the town.  Tons of restaurants and bars.

35 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Back in town after a great weekend in Charlotte.  Fantastic game.  Got to see the breaking of the Belk Curse in person with 18 of my great college friends.  The refs were terrible early on.  You might have heard me yelling "7 to 1!!!  7-1!!!" at the refs in the first half on the broadcast when the fouls were 7 on us and 1 on Davidson.  This brought out some chirping from the Wildcat fans, but that only made the experience more fun.

If you ever want to do a road game, Davidson is a great option.  Charlotte is a cool town with a Austin or Nashville kind of vibe.  The streets are packed each night with people out on the town.  Tons of restaurants and bars.

I always said, this would be a great year to take a trip to Davidson.  Glad you listened to me. 

cgeldmacher likes this

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

-well done getting the win and breaking the curse, it's great that you and your bunch are going to VCU on a Tuesday

21 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-well done getting the win and breaking the curse, it's great that you and your bunch are going to VCU on a Tuesday

I wish.  We did VCU a few years back.  Very nice arena.  I get the impression that it would have gotten interesting with their fans had we not been down so bad most of the game.