GDT: A10 Semifinals vs Davidson

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

Davidson is far and away the best team in our league. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, they’re leagues better than any of the other top 5/6. 

Let’s go win the NIT I guess? 

Sad realization while watching the end of one, I don’t think a healthy Perkins would have changed the outcome. That’s how bad a matchup Davidson is for us.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hargrove shot the ball like he was well-rested but the rest of the guys ran out of gas.  Franco,  Gibby and Thatch couldn't get anything to fall. Yuri did his thing in the second half but it was too late.   Nice close-up of Perkins at the end of the game.  He had the look on his face of "put me in coach".  

The announcers clearly have Yurimania.  If Perkins is back, we're going to have some top 25 preseason hype.

AlumniFan likes this

Ran out of gas. They did, too in the second half. 5 seed killed our chances but impressive run. 23 wins for any team that loses an All-A10 preseason player is impressive. 

Loyer can shoot but man he’s a b****. No wonder his s*** didn’t work in the big 10. (Wish we had him though lol). 

2 minutes ago, ARon said:

Sad realization while watching the end of one, I don’t think a healthy Perkins would have changed the outcome. That’s how bad a matchup Davidson is for us.

Why are they a bad matchup?   5 relatively slow white guys that are really good shooters.   We weren't playing horse.  We should be able to defend better than that.  Very disappointed for pretty much the same game as what we played them before.  

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Hargrove shot the ball like he was well-rested but the rest of the guys ran out of gas.  Franco,  Gibby and Thatch couldn't get anything to fall. Yuri did his thing in the second half but it was too late.   Nice close-up of Perkins at the end of the game.  He had the look on his face of "put me in coach".  

The announcers clearly have Yurimania.  If Perkins is back, we're going to have some top 25 preseason hype.

As they say in Missouri, show me, forget the hype. 

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

Why are they a bad matchup?   5 relatively slow white guys that are really good shooters.   We weren't playing horse.  We should be able to defend better than that.  Very disappointed for pretty much the same game as what we played them before.  

No legs. They had legs in first and hit the shots. Their legs left, and they missed. Wish we were playing them tomorrow. As much as I hate to root for Richmond, have to hope they win today. Dayton would beat a Davidson team with no legs. 

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

And I hope TJ stays. But damn, Travis has to come up with a better O scheme than just I’ve got great athletes. We do. But when u watch Davidson play O like a well choreographed dance, it’s frustrating that we don’t. 

We wasted our athletic talent again.   When we have the superior athletes why in the world would we not pressure defensively and run run run?

Just now, A10Ref said:

No legs. They had legs in first and hit the shots. Their legs left, and they missed. Wish we were playing them tomorrow. As much as I hate to root for Richmond, have to hope they win today. Dayton would beat a Davidson team with no legs. 

I'll never buy that.  The players run more during a practice than they do in a game.  They are in the best shape of their lives.   And Davidson played yesterday just like we did.  

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

We wasted our athletic talent again.   When we have the superior athletes why in the world would we not pressure defensively and run run run?

If Perkins does return and Parker is as good as advertised, we should see a 10 man rotation next year. You just keep rotating in scorers. 

6 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

I personally hate the very existence of the NIT, but with this team and all the guys coming back I think it can do us some good.

I get it, but the truth is it's fun and it's more basketball. I'd like to see us play again before November.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

I'll never buy that.  The players run more during a practice than they do in a game.  They are in the best shape of their lives.   And Davidson played yesterday just like we did.  

Yes and Davidson was dragging and missing shots in the second (after 3 halves played in 24 hours). 

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

It's not all one season roy. We keep recruiting, players come and go. Overall we had another 20+ win season, did last year, and probably will next year too.

Bonaventure are the ones who should be disappointed. They started 5 seniors and ended their season losing to us. Their NET rating sucks and losing to us was probably their last game.

A10Ref likes this

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

When have defended the three well in Ford's tenure?  
A team of 4 Jimmersons and a big is this defense's worst nightmare

3star_recruit likes this

2 minutes ago, Soderball said:

It's not all one season roy. We keep recruiting, players come and go. Overall we had another 20+ win season, did last year, and probably will next year too.

Bonaventure are the ones who should be disappointed. They started 5 seniors and ended their season losing to us. Their NET rating sucks and losing to us was probably their last game.

Bonnies this year is how I felt about SLU last year with JGood, Has, and Perkins.