Prov over Wash by 7

The Wiz

Anyone else watching this game? I thought Providence was supposed to be the clearly better team, but it's close. 46-43 Providence with 14:21 to play after a long Bullock three. He's their best player. Both teams have some talent, are a bit sloppy, and beatable.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Neither team seems like they would be a big problem for SLU, neither really impresses. 

I could see us beating either team, but each presents some issues. Timmins and Dickerson are going to be a handful for us if UW wins, especially if our forwards get in foul trouble again. Providence is looking good from 3 tonight and Bullock is tough. But yeah, all four of the teams in this event are more evenly matched than I'd anticipated.

Man if we win Friday we are for real this year. Given not as usual but still weak OOC schedule and seemingly down A-10 dance dreams are not delusional.

Again if leaving NCY 4-0 our main enemy is going to be short bench and constant foul trouble.

Get beaten down tomorrow will bring me back to earth but right now feeling it.

Hey,

Quick public service announcement.  Joe Wiley, one of the great Billiken ballplayers of years past, put up a $5000 challenge as part of today's SLU Day of Giving.  If 50 people donated to the Athletic Department - any amount, even just $5 - if 50 people donated he would donate $5000.  There's only about 30 minutes left and we're still 7 donations or so short.  If you are still up, and still feeling good from the incredible victory, please consider going on-line and donating $5.  Your $5 could end up being worth $5000.

The student-athlete deserves our support.

6 hours ago, Wendelprof said:

Hey,

Quick public service announcement.  Joe Wiley, one of the great Billiken ballplayers of years past, put up a $5000 challenge as part of today's SLU Day of Giving.  If 50 people donated to the Athletic Department - any amount, even just $5 - if 50 people donated he would donate $5000.  There's only about 30 minutes left and we're still 7 donations or so short.  If you are still up, and still feeling good from the incredible victory, please consider going on-line and donating $5.  Your $5 could end up being worth $5000.

The student-athlete deserves our support.

Thanks for the post looks like they made their goal of 50 people.

0BBCDF2D-3A79-409F-8B05-883A985B4239.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

A win over providence wouldnt get slu in the top 25 but it would definitely give the team a huge national boost —winning two games on espn 

I agree with this. I don't think it'll be enough to get votes this early on - a lot of teams will jump out to a good start and it's hard to distinguish how many of them are for real - but it'll put us on the radar of those who vote. Now, if we were to win tonight and keep the momentum going through Butler, then we have a chance.

12 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Somehow we are still mid 100’s on KenPom. Maybe shooting? Are we still one of the top rebounding teams in the nation? 

Seattle losing to a bad Washington St. team by 16 isn't helping our rankings right now.  It is way too early to worry about computer rankings.  The computer systems have only two results to judge us on.  One of those results says we are comparable to what they view as a bad Washington St. team.