GDT: How low can you go (crowd)?

bonwich

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FG 47%, 6-15 3 pointers, FT's 52%, 11 Turnovers, out rebounded 36-31 Crawford has 13 points

Crawford jam time, FG 48%, 7-16 3 pointers, 2 turnovers, out rebounded 38-35, Roby 5-9 from the line must improve that if he is going to take the technical foul shots

FG 47%, FT's 56%, 13 turnovers, out rebounded 40-38, 3 players in double figures Roby, Crawford and Agbeko

Hines looked good tonight - the problem is I then realized that it was SIUE.  I am glad he played well tonight we needed it with Bishop out but lets see if this was a big development moment for him or will he go back to being manhandled by better guards once league play starts.  I am not knocking him just saying keep a perspective.  Look at the game Reggie had - very good but will he be able to do this against better teams - hasn't done it consistently this year yet.  I liked the ball movement tonight and Ford had some nice plays ready. This was a win we had to get given there are not many more we can count on left on the schedule unless we keep improving.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Hines looked good tonight - the problem is I then realized that it was SIUE.  I am glad he played well tonight we needed it with Bishop out but lets see if this was a big development moment for him or will he go back to being manhandled by better guards once league play starts.  I am not knocking him just saying keep a perspective.  Look at the game Reggie had - very good but will he be able to do this against better teams - hasn't done it consistently this year yet.  I liked the ball movement tonight and Ford had some nice plays ready. This was a win we had to get given there are not many more we can count on left on the schedule unless we keep improving.

hines was not good in the second half. at the beginning of the 2nd he was horrrrible.

22 minutes ago, Soderball said:

hines was not good in the second half. at the beginning of the 2nd he was horrrrible.

He had a short spurt where he was not that good but I was talking more generally of his play for the entire game.  You can not honestly say he was horrible the whole time he was in there.  

Welmer ties Big Chill and Remekun for single game blocks with 6 swats tonight.  Hines has a very solid game at PG, 37 minutes, with 3 assists and only one TO.  His 8 points were a nice add on.  Of course, some MBM's say assists don't mean much. 

This team cannot shoot FT's.  They are on pace to be the second worst SLU FT team in the past 20 years.  Who would have thought that Welmer is turning out to be one of our better FT shooters on the team.

Attendance was the lowest ever at Chaifetz.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

A large contingent from Tipton was in the house tonight. 

And it's good that they were, because they just may have "tipped" total attendance over the 1,000 mark. (Lest anyone still doubt that SLU's official attendance figures are total fiction, tonight's was announced as 2,968.)

I know it is late but I went to the game today. Very few people there, only about 1/3 of the band. We won, we won nicely, we dominated the whole game. I am glad to have been there to see it. It was not a crappy win, it was a nice win. Glad to have been there, very few occasions this year to see the Bills win, we have to take advantage of every single one that comes along.