Will not be renewing season tickets

SLUDrew

It is a time like this that I wish I was in St. Louis, and at the press conference.

I also would without question sign up for SLU Season Tickets to watch Coach Travis Ford and his SLU Billikens Up Tempo Express take down the A10 and all other comers, especially those from the Valley!

Looking forward to seeing you in Pittsburgh.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that Menace was inspired enough by the Ford hire to put down the crack pipe for a few minutes to make a lucid comment, and he's correct. Travis Ford's resume is head and shoulders above the resume of every other incoming Billikens coach, other than Majerus.

Ford is a logical heir to the Kentucky Wildcat's throne. Let's just hope the Bills can hold on to him until Cal retires or is banned from the NCAA.

Good to see that Menace was inspired enough by the Ford hire to put down the crack pipe for a few minutes to make a lucid comment, and he's correct. Travis Ford's resume is head and shoulders above the resume of every other incoming Billikens coach, other than Majerus.

Ford is a logical heir to the Kentucky Wildcat's throne. Let's just hope the Bills can hold on to him until Cal retires or is banned from the NCAA.

I'm going back away but Bob Polk had a pretty good resume.

If Ford does well enough with us for UK to decide he inherits the program, that is perfectly fine with me. Cal probably isn't going anywhere until the right NBA job opens up or he chooses to retire. Ford should be here a while if that is the place he is ultimately eyeing.

I'm going back away but Bob Polk had a pretty good resume.

Googled Polk. His hire looks sort of like a Majerus type situation. Resigned from Vandy due to heart problems. Hired by SLU later in life. He did have a stint with another school in between though.

If there is something we really do not need again at SLU this is a coach with advanced medical conditions which may or may not die before completing his contract. Thank the Lord that Ford is not in that category.

Huh? I think it's safe to say that any or every one of us may or may not die within the next five years.

Hicks, some people die suddenly but this is not the way the majority of people die. Most people die because they have a number of diseases in fairly advanced stages and they just deplete their reserves and stamina. Majerus, as good as he was coaching was in very a very bad medical state, it got worse progressively and finally caused his death.

As far as I can see, this is absolutely not the case with Ford, so we are or should be very happy in this respect.

To correct your prior post, any number of the posters in this board may indeed die in the next five years. However, if this is the case and one of us dies, the chance of dying will be much greater for those among us that have a number of diseases (take your pick, heart, kidneys, neuro, CA), and much much lower among those of us (not including myself because I am after all an old guy) that are younger and disease free. Of course there is always the outlying possibility of a lightning strike, of being attacked by a Great White shark while scuba diving in the Great Reef Barrier in Australia. However the likelihood of these things happening to anyone of us is rather small. The ones that are likely to die in the next five years are those who are old, like me, and who have a parcel of medical conditions in various states of control.

Hicks, some people die suddenly but this is not the way the majority of people die. Most people die because they have a number of diseases in fairly advanced stages and they just deplete their reserves and stamina. Majerus, as good as he was coaching was in very a very bad medical state, it got worse progressively and finally caused his death.

As far as I can see, this is absolutely not the case with Ford, so we are or should be very happy in this respect.

To correct your prior post, any number of the posters in this board may indeed die in the next five years. However, if this is the case and one of us dies, the chance of dying will be much greater for those among us that have a number of diseases (take your pick, heart, kidneys, neuro, CA), and much much lower among those of us (not including myself because I am after all an old guy) that are younger and disease free. Of course there is always the outlying possibility of a lightning strike, of being attacked by a Great White shark while scuba diving in the Great Reef Barrier in Australia. However the likelihood of these things happening to anyone of us is rather small. The ones that are likely to die in the next five years are those who are old, like me, and who have a parcel of medical conditions in various states of control.

Old Guy, you may or may not get my point.

The whole key was your "...or may not." Why did you say, "...or may not"? We ALL may or may not be here tomorrow, because "may or may not" is all inclusive. If you'd just said, "...may die before completing.... Ford is not in that situation," then there would be no room for confusion or argument. That was my point.

(And my opening sentence should have been, "...you may not get my point.")

Instead of arguing about who will die first in the next five years we should be talking about how Ford is going to lead us to where Villaanova is now in five years

We can dream.

EDIT: Oh, and before anyone blasts me, consider the Carl Sandberg quote: "Nothing happens unless first a dream."

Hicks, you should have been a priest since it is you disposition to confuse semantics with reality and to enjoy spending time elucidating the hidden meanings of whatever is said anywhere. But oops, maybe you are, in which case I am sorry father.

Hicks, you should have been a priest since it is you disposition to confuse semantics with reality and to enjoy spending time elucidating the hidden meanings of whatever is said anywhere. But oops, maybe you are, in which case I am sorry father.

I'm a linguistic saint whose crusade is to eliminate language paganism!

Yes father, understood. By the way, how many angels fit on the head of a pin? Any elucidation, obscure meanings, or fresh thinking into this confusing problem?

For the answer, look at my avatar. satan and his angels can fit on the head of the headpin; Jesus Christ is the bowling ball.