Women's Postseason Thread

slufan13

What a BS rule. And the idea is that women's bball isn't exciting enough without giving the inbounding team training wheels in crunchtime?

I agree - was at the game and while it was entertaining, that rule is silly. It puts the team on defense who just scored at a big disadvantage. I guess if they wanted to do it at half court but not at the quarter court mark. I did think that the defense Stone put in for the last play did not make sense. The player who got the ball and shot is their conf player of the year and top scorer. Everybody knew she was getting the ball but she was wide open in the corner. How do you with .9 of a second left get the ball and square for a 3 ptr if some one is defending you. She also did not have a player harassing the player throwing the ball in - she had a free hand to make the pass. I enjoyed the game enough to come back next year.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - was at the game and while it was entertaining, that rule is silly. It puts the team on defense who just scored at a big disadvantage. I guess if they wanted to do it at half court but not at the quarter court mark. I did think that the defense Stone put in for the last play did not make sense. The player who got the ball and shot is their conf player of the year and top scorer. Everybody knew she was getting the ball but she was wide open in the corner. How do you with .9 of a second left get the ball and square for a 3 ptr if some one is defending you. She also did not have a player harassing the player throwing the ball in - she had a free hand to make the pass. I enjoyed the game enough to come back next year.

It happened so fast, I didn't see how she got open, but I agree there was no way she should have been able to. Did the defender get screened. I also seriously question any one being able to catch and shoot a 3 pointer in .9 seconds. It was a fantastic game though. One of the most exciting basketball games I can remember being at. Just imagine you hit a shot with .9 seconds left to take advance to a level your team has never been to in the history of your program. Uncontrollable elation, then you lose.

If you don't go see these ladies play because you don't like women's sports ... you are missing out.

Sidnee Bopp is not their top scorer, actually at the bottom of the list at 1.2 ppg. The winning trey was her only basket of the game. Just happened to be in the right spot at the right time.

It happened so fast, I didn't see how she got open, but I agree there was no way she should have been able to. Did the defender get screened. I also seriously question any one being able to catch and shoot a 3 pointer in .9 seconds. It was a fantastic game though. One of the most exciting basketball games I can remember being at. Just imagine you hit a shot with .9 seconds left to take advance to a level your team has never been to in the history of your program. Uncontrollable elation, then you lose.

If you don't go see these ladies play because you don't like women's sports ... you are missing out.

+1...never thought about going to the women's games but I'll be going to a few next year now that I got to experience them. More exciting than the men's games this past year.

Sidnee Bopp is not their top scorer, actually at the bottom of the list at 1.2 ppg. The winning trey was her only basket of the game. Just happened to be in the right spot at the right time.

They didn't sub much. When they had 69 points they had 100% of their scoring on the floor

They didn't sub much. When they had 69 points they had 100% of their scoring on the floor

I was sitting behind the SLU bench but I think they only had 8 players dressed for the game. Of course if you have the right 8, that's all you need. According to the box score, they all played.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wky/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2015-16/box_score/stats_20160326aaa.pdf

I was sitting behind the SLU bench but I think they only had 8 players dressed for the game. Of course if you have the right 8, that's all you need. According to the box score, they all played.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wky/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2015-16/box_score/stats_20160326aaa.pdf

Where were you at? I was in the 2nd row just left of the SLU bench.

Where were you at? I was in the 2nd row just left of the SLU bench.

We were in 113 and further back. Maybe row 10 or so. General admission.

Like I said up above somewhere, I left at the end of regulation and found out late last night that we lost by 2 and that it involved that utterly stupid timeout/move the throw-in to the front court. I assumed the game was tied and we lost on a 2 point basket. It wasn't til my friend called me this morning and explained that we were actually up 2 with .9 left and lost on a three that I realized what a heart breaker it was.

Yeah, and in the Ball State game it was also used by both teams. I just don't like it. I'd be curious what Lisa Stone thinks of the rule, especially after last night.

I don't even think it's possible to catch, rotate your body and shoot a 3 in .9 seconds

Yeah, and in the Ball State game it was also used by both teams. I just don't like it. I'd be curious what Lisa Stone thinks of the rule, especially after last night.

Doing it with 55 or even 10 seconds left is one thing. Doing it with 0.9 shows just how crazy the rule is. To be fair I didn't think it would be possible to get a shot off even with the silly rule.

And she's only a sophomore! Yep, she's probably even better than Theresa Lisch!

(Sorry if I spelled her first name wrong.)

The team is young. Underclassmen got a lot more minutes as the season wore on. Of the 9 players who averaged over 13 minutes a game 4 are Sophs and 1 is a frosh. Then you have 2 Jr's in Jakubicek and Sadie. The Frosh Jordan Frantz looked very good against WKU, looking like a potential scorer in the future.

The other thing I really notice is their length at guard compared to previous teams where our 5'11" or 6' were forwards and centers. Jenny Vilet 6'2" soph guard, Aaliyah Covington 5'11" guard, and Jordan Frantz a 6' frosh guard. Even inside they still have 6'3" Sadie (jr) and 6'4" Madison Gits (soph) and add to this the returning A10 co player of the year in Soph Jackie Kemph at pg. I believe we will be even better next year.

The team is young. Underclassmen got a lot more minutes as the season wore on. Of the 9 players who averaged over 13 minutes a game 4 are Sophs and 1 is a frosh. Then you have 2 Jr's in Jakubicek and Sadie. The Frosh Jordan Frantz looked very good against WKU, looking like a potential scorer in the future.

The other thing I really notice is their length at guard compared to previous teams where our 5'11" or 6' were forwards and centers. Jenny Vilet 6'2" soph guard, Aaliyah Covington 5'11" guard, and Jordan Frantz a 6' frosh guard. Even inside they still have 6'3" Sadie (jr) and 6'4" Madison Gits (soph) and add to this the returning A10 co player of the year in Soph Jackie Kemph at pg. I believe we will be even better next year.

Agree with everything you stated, but add two transfers sitting on the bench and two highly regarded recruits to the mix. Next year should be even better. Although, I anticipate a big jump in the quality of the non-conference schedule, which will impact the overall record.

Coach Stone and her staff are terrific!