NCAA Field

The decisions are inexplicable.

St. Bona (RPI 30), which tied for the A10 Regular Season Championship, with a 14-4 A10 record, was snubbed.

No less than 17 teams with RPI's worse than St. Bona's received NCAA At Large Bids.

Incredible gifts were given to the American: 48 Cincinnati, 58 Tulsa, 60 Temple.

The American, the 8th ranked conference, has 4 NCAA teams, whereas the A10, the 7th ranked conference has only 3. The Big East managed to sneak 5 teams in, thanks to the gift bid to Butler (RPI 57).

Syracuse (RPI 72) got in as a 10 seed.

Other interesting at large picks were 56 Michigan, 57 Butler, and 63 Vanderbilt.

Regular season conference champs with NCAA worthy RPI's who were snubbed were 34 Akron, 38 St. Mary's (the new poster team for NCAA snubs), 41 San Diego State, 49 Valparaiso, and 52 Monmouth.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonnies got screwed, but their OOC schedule was not good.

The Bonnies did play a weak OOC schedule.

But look at Monmouth (RPI 52). Monmouth played all those non-conference road games, but still did not get an NCAA bid.

Butler played a weak non-conference schedule, especially lacking in true tough road games.

This year there were an unprecedented 7 variances with the RPI. By watching this for years, there are usually only 3 variances per year.

An ad hoc system had to have been in effect this year, along with slotting for the Power 5 +Big East +American. Irrespective of the NCAA denials, these facts, these at large selections, speak for themselves.

The Bonnies have the best RPI (30) of those snubbed. And they got snubbed by any definition of the term.

I didn't even know Tulsa was in the conversation for an at large. And Syracuse getting in is a joke. Also, Michigan really has no business getting a bid.

St Bonnie has to be one of the biggest screw jobs in recent history. Monmouth winning all those road game eins and coming up just short in their conference tourney final game is also tragic. Their resume was sold and they definitely should have leapfrog get at least 6-7 other teams that got in.

Inexplicable bracket. Committee is a farce and a joke that is beholden to power conferences.

Is anyone actually surprised? The worst part of college basketball are these shameful committee members.

What is really sad is seeing some of the teams we beat a scant few years ago all come in with bids and/or high seeds ..... Oklahoma, Villanova, Xavier, Butler, VCU, Dayton, St. Joe's. Yeah,some we didn't beat like Oregon and Michigan State.

That was being on Crews' Control.

I don't understand some of these final selections (Tulsa in?), just terrible. I understand a lot of this is based on $, but it stinks for some of these mid majors that seemingly do everything to get in (Monmouth, Valpo, St. Mary's, St. Bonaventure) get passed over by undeserving teams from "better" leagues (Tulsa, Michigan, Syracuse, Vandy).

It is funny that Kentucky seemingly got screwed (really tough draw), but I will never feel sorry for Cal.

I don't understand some of these final selections (Tulsa in?), just terrible. I understand a lot of this is based on $, but it stinks for some of these mid majors that seemingly do everything to get in (Monmouth, Valpo, St. Mary's, St. Bonaventure) get passed over by undeserving teams from "better" leagues (Tulsa, Michigan, Syracuse, Vandy).

It is funny that Kentucky seemingly got screwed (really tough draw), but I will never feel sorry for Cal.

A lot of this has to be about money.

There is no other explanation.

A lot of this has to be about money.

There is no other explanation.

Please explain further. Money is certainly at stake to the teams and conferences which make the Tourney v. those that don't. By money, do you mean the advertisers and TV get what they want by having "big" names in the Tourney? Increased ratings b/c Michigan has more viewers/fans than St. Bona does? More butts in the seats b/c of Michigan as opposed to St. Bona?