Davidson over the Bills by 6

The Wiz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

I am embarrassed by posters on here brutally berating Coach Crews over and over and over, a mostly immature approach trying to be the wittiest one that does... making up things constantly.

Please, try to show some class, people. You too, Spaulding.

Of course you would crawl out of the woodwork.

You gotta love the calling out of "bad" fans.

Quick question, did your baseball coach take over a program that made the NCAAs and drive it into the ground within two years? My guess is no, apples and oranges comparison. I guarantee you he has lost the team, losing most of the remaining games will prove that out.

Billikenswin = Cards fan that gives an opposing player a standing ovation after he makes a diving catch in game 7 of the World Series with the tying run on third and winning run on second to eliminate the Cardinals from the World Series

I have stopped posting on this board but I cannot let this one go by. I have never been more embarrassed to be involved with Saint Louis University than to hear some of our moron fans screaming at the top of their lungs in our home arena at Coach Crews. I assume they must be drunk but even so it is so incredibly wrong on so many levels. If he was a repeated cheater like Calapari or so many other coaches like Bruce Pearl that would be one thing. Jim Crews in a good man with solid values and he deserves respect even if the team is losing. if I were younger I would go over there and have it out with those jerks but I sure hope someone would visit them! It really steams me!

Simmer down now, you just lowered yourself to the level you dislike by having it out and accusing them of being drunk. This board is great and I have been reading this board for years and finally got involved and it is fun. Pistol, Rican, Cheeseman, Taj, BigMouth, Roy, Soderball, MB73, hsmith19, Next Year Bill and many more have interesting comments that I have enjoyed for years and the that motivated me to get involved. This is a fan site with many opinions but everyone on this site cares about the team and wants was best so enjoy and ignore those that steam you, life is too short.

Impressed by Reggie's minutes tonight. Honestly surprised he could play 33 min and 4 of the minutes he missed were at start of the game. Then I think the first time he came out was because of a shoe issue. Other than a couple of short Jolly stints, he was out there hustling. Not sure he can hold up the rest of the way like that, but impressive....

Simmer down now, you just lowered yourself to the level you dislike by having it out and accusing them of being drunk. This board is great and I have been reading this board for years and finally got involved and it is fun. Pistol, Rican, Cheeseman, Taj, BigMouth, Roy, Soderball, MB73, hsmith19, Next Year Bill and many more have interesting comments that I have enjoyed for years and the that motivated me to get involved. This is a fan site with many opinions but everyone on this site cares about the team and wants was best so enjoy and ignore those that steam you, life is too short.

amen

I have stopped posting on this board but I cannot let this one go by. I have never been more embarrassed to be involved with Saint Louis University than to hear some of our moron fans screaming at the top of their lungs in our home arena at Coach Crews. I assume they must be drunk but even so it is so incredibly wrong on so many levels. If he was a repeated cheater like Calapari or so many other coaches like Bruce Pearl that would be one thing. Jim Crews in a good man with solid values and he deserves respect even if the team is losing. if I were younger I would go over there and have it out with those jerks but I sure hope someone would visit them! It really steams me!

I've been most embarrassed when we lose multiple home games to 250+ rpi teams.

Jim makes 800k per year, he can take some well deserved heat. You are out of touch and should expect more.

With the loss to GM the Bills have no more projected wins on the horizon although there are still 2 possible wins left. For a post game wrapup (and a mini rant) see the GM thread.

On to Davidson ( B ) . The loss to GM drops the Bills to D+. Davidson presents a formidable opponent . The good news is the Wildcats are missing 3 players and are a bit thin. The puzzle is, I am not quite sure how many players the Bills will be missing on Wed......But here is what we need to do to win....

Dav.....

STOP Gibbs...That's pretty much the strategy. Stop him and you win. The execution of this strategy may be a bit tricker though. Why is this a big deal? Let's look at the numbers. He is 3rd in the nation in scoring at 25.67 ppg.....In the last game against UMass he scored 43pts...the 3rd time he has scored 40 or more in a game and the 6th time he has scored more than 30 ....3 of the last 5 games he has played 40 min.....I could go on but you get the idea...we need to stop him and .hold him to less than 20pts

Davidson overall is an average shooting team from the field but one of the top FT teams in the country...did I mention Gibbs was 15 of 16 from the FT line against UMass........Slashline...40/ 30

Barham...This guy is a strange dude...Their best shooter at 54% and yet their worst FT shooter at 57%...FG% almost equals FT%....keep this guy under 50%

Bills

Play Defense...If you don't bother Gibbs or leave him open ( driving to the hoop or from 3) he will score 50...Shadow him..he has had a few off games especially when the D is on him

Slashline....46/ 37/ 72...Lets not go cold in any of these categories....The good news is Dav doesn't play much D.......

Therefore ...No deadzones....This was better during the GM game ...just 1 five min mini deadzone....let's get rid of them all together

TO...12...shouldn't be a big deal after allowing only 2 last time. Take care of the ball again

Bottomline....Did I mention something about stopping Gibbs. If we don't stop him the Bills could develop Saturday Night Fever on a Wed night.

To quote Forrest Gump....The Billikens are like a box of chocolates...you never know what your gonna get.

What a sweet win for the Bills....a round of Lemon80s for the Board.

Let's see what happened.......

First and foremost the task was to stop Gibbs....While he had a fine game... 26 points....I am going to give the Bills a passing grade as we held him to his average. A tip o' the cap to Hines who drew the tough assignment of guarding Gibbs and did a great job shadowing him...36% from the field (8-22)....18% from the arc(2-11)...We also stopped their sharpshooting sub Barham...25% from the field but 100% from the FT line (2-2)

Projected slashline ....40/30...Actual ...41/28... Close enough ....Another passing grade.

For the Bills

Projected slashline....46/ 37/ 72.....Actual.....54 / 41 / 81....Double Pass...very nice

Deadzones.....none.....Pass

TOs...7 ...averaging 4.5 over the last 2 games ...beautiful

Bottomline....A much needed win ...for everyone....players , staff and fans. You can see what the potential of the team is when you cut out the deadzones and TOs. A great focused 40 min effort ... A good team win with many stars...Let's keep it up.

You can see what the potential of the team is when you cut out the deadzones and TOs.

The interesting thing is that we rode Ash, Bishop, Hines, Crawford, and Agebko and we have not seen that group much this season. So we are essentially seeing a new team. I did not expect to be suddenly excited about the team, but last night was fun and I look forward to watching these kids going forward.

The interesting thing is that we rode Ash, Bishop, Hines, Crawford, and Agebko and we have not seen that group much this season. So we are essentially seeing a new team. I did not expect to be suddenly excited about the team, but last night was fun and I look forward to watching these kids going forward.

Exactly.

40% of the line up didn't play before and there is a totally different offense they are running.

So all that stuff about the potential this team had earlier is hogwash. That team sucked for a season and half. It would have continued to suck.

This "new" team might not end up being all that much better. If they go cold from the field, we will have some really ugly games. Teams like VCU will be a really bad match up for this style with this line up. That said, the style of ball they played last night is a lot more fun to watch than the crap we have witnessed for a season and a half.

We shot 60%. Davidson doesnt play D. If we shoot 60% going forward Crews will be coach of the year again and we will be national champs. What a great win but it is an anomaly.. 60% shooting is just freakish-level unusual. That said i like bishop and hines. A lot. Those guys played hard and the bills havent been playing hard

We shot 60%. Davidson doesnt play D. If we shoot 60% going forward Crews will be coach of the year again and we will be national champs. What a great win but it is an anomaly.. 60% shooting is just freakish-level unusual. That said i like bishop and hines. A lot. Those guys played hard and the bills havent been playing hard

We shot 54%

I remember seeing 59% at one point late in the 2nd.

Regardless these numbers are incredible.

Certainly much better than our norm. I just remember because Rammer and Earl talked about how we amazingly shot 54% in both halves.

Beating GW, losing to Mason, beating Davidson and setting a new scoring record at Chaifetz.

I think we've found a solid nickname for the 2015-16 team:

Bi-polar Billikens!

I was thinking about this winning streak and about how far we've come since the 05-06 season when we had another streak being the most consistently inconsistent team in the nation. Fascinating to see how far we've come.

AzkKD1V.png

05-06 Billikens take that distinction