Davidson over the Bills by 6

The Wiz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Then voices will really carry when people yell at Crews!

I have stopped posting on this board but I cannot let this one go by. I have never been more embarrassed to be involved with Saint Louis University than to hear some of our moron fans screaming at the top of their lungs in our home arena at Coach Crews. I assume they must be drunk but even so it is so incredibly wrong on so many levels. If he was a repeated cheater like Calapari or so many other coaches like Bruce Pearl that would be one thing. Jim Crews in a good man with solid values and he deserves respect even if the team is losing. if I were younger I would go over there and have it out with those jerks but I sure hope someone would visit them! It really steams me!

I have stopped posting on this board but I cannot let this one go by. I have never been more embarrassed to be involved with Saint Louis University than to hear some of our moron fans screaming at the top of their lungs in our home arena at Coach Crews. I assume they must be drunk but even so it is so incredibly wrong on so many levels. If he was a repeated cheater like Calapari or so many other coaches like Bruce Pearl that would be one thing. Jim Crews in a good man with solid values and he deserves respect even if the team is losing. if I were younger I would go over there and have it out with those jerks but I sure hope someone would visit them! It really steams me!

Wrong on so many levels? It's a sporting event not a ballet recital. Get off your high horse

Come find me tonight.... ill be the one yelling

+1

Look, I think the ENTIRE coaching staff has done a poor job of "coaching up" these players and I am as frustrated (maybe even more so as I have been a staunch Billiken fan for well over 50 years) as everyone else. But Crews does deserve some respect. He is a class guy that maybe time has passed by, but he is working hard to get this team going in the right direction.

And...I don't think he has "lost" the team. Sure, some guys are pissed at being benched. I would be too. In fact, I played baseball at SLU and suffered through a 10-21 season my senior year - and we lost to some real crappy teams. It was embarrassing, frustrating and every other adjective you can think of, but every game was a new day and a chance to win. Our coach tried new lineups, benched guys and attempted every trick in the book to eek out a few wins (sound familiar?). We were all pissed at the coach and each other, but we fought (and drank) together and regardless of the outcome, we did it as a team. We did NOT give up on our coach or each other.

I will be at the game tonight, just like I've been to all the other games, cheering my fool head off. I hope all you "fans" do too.

+1

Look, I think the ENTIRE coaching staff has done a poor job of "coaching up" these players and I am as frustrated (maybe even more so as I have been a staunch Billiken fan for well over 50 years) as everyone else. But Crews does deserve some respect. He is a class guy that maybe time has passed by, but he is working hard to get this team going in the right direction.

And...I don't think he has "lost" the team. Sure, some guys are pissed at being benched. I would be too. In fact, I played baseball at SLU and suffered through a 10-21 season my senior year - and we lost to some real crappy teams. It was embarrassing, frustrating and every other adjective you can think of, but every game was a new day and a chance to win. Our coach tried new lineups, benched guys and attempted every trick in the book to eek out a few wins (sound familiar?). We were all pissed at the coach and each other, but we fought (and drank) together and regardless of the outcome, we did it as a team. We did NOT give up on our coach or each other.

I will be at the game tonight, just like I've been to all the other games, cheering my fool head off. I hope all you "fans" do too.

how nice all these fans coming out of the woodwork to tell some message board posters that they are not real "fans" because they boo at a coach. Give me a break

Whats embarrassing is Jim Crews getting paid close to a million dollars to completely destroy our basketball program. Maybe he is the one who is drunk...

You gotta love the calling out of "bad" fans.

Quick question, did your baseball coach take over a program that made the NCAAs and drive it into the ground within two years? My guess is no, apples and oranges comparison. I guarantee you he has lost the team, losing most of the remaining games will prove that out.

billikenswin, you are defending a guy that has been fired twice for abusing his players at previous jobs. you are defending a guy that has refused to come on the post game radio show a number of times this year and stand up to the questions of his horrible team. you are defending the guy that has passed on the post game press conferences as of late. you are defending the guy that has no doubt destroyed a program in just under two years time from a top ten rated performing team to a now 300+ ranked team.

that all said, i do agree there is no sense verbally abusing the guy. it is what it is, and as fans, let's just bide our time until the circus leaves town in less than 2 months. what does verbal assaults accomplish? i prefer to go to the games and enjoy the band, meet other frustrated fans to discuss all things saint louis university and just enjoy our cadillac arena. things will come back around it is just a matter of time. but i sure hope those in high positions of authority like maybe being on the saint louis university board of directors or a major booster, use their influence to help those of us frustrated to the nth degree.

billikenswin, my last point above is what you should take from those horrible outbursts you have witnessed. the fact these outbursts are now so frequent surely tells you that the cows are out of the barn and something needs to happen now. dont know what if any influence you wield, but if you have any or know someone that has any influence, please please think of the fan base shrinking by almost 40%, fans so upset and frustrated they are lashing out at games, message boards going berserk. as dean wormer so famously said, "The time has come for someone to put his foot down. "

+1

These are some low energy losers right here.

I would rather have them yell at the well paid coach instead of the players. Players get it all the time from fans and we never get these kind of post on here.

I rip players on billikens.com.

Jolly is the only one I will scream at in the arena. Crews rightfully gets all of my ire in person. I could never look at a guy working hard in school and scream truly vitriolic stuff.

Crews is a grown man and he is responsible for this failure.

Anyone who is defending this needs to grow up. These idiots upset with us screaming at them want SLU basketball to be small time. Let these fools encourage louder rage against Crews. We will not accept irrelevance and being one of the 50 worst teams in the country. We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.

billikenswin, you are defending a guy that has been fired twice for abusing his players at previous jobs. you are defending a guy that has refused to come on the post game radio show a number of times this year and stand up to the questions of his horrible team. you are defending the guy that has passed on the post game press conferences as of late. you are defending the guy that has no doubt destroyed a program in just under two years time from a top ten rated performing team to a now 300+ ranked team.

that all said, i do agree there is no sense verbally abusing the guy. it is what it is, and as fans, let's just bide our time until the circus leaves town in less than 2 months. what does verbal assaults accomplish? i prefer to go to the games and enjoy the band, meet other frustrated fans to discuss all things saint louis university and just enjoy our cadillac arena. things will come back around it is just a matter of time. but i sure hope those in high positions of authority like maybe being on the saint louis university board of directors or a major booster, use their influence to help those of us frustrated to the nth degree.

billikenswin, my last point above is what you should take from those horrible outbursts you have witnessed. the fact these outbursts are now so frequent surely tells you that the cows are out of the barn and something needs to happen now. dont know what if any influence you wield, but if you have any or know someone that has any influence, please please think of the fan base shrinking by almost 40%, fans so upset and frustrated they are lashing out at games, message boards going berserk. as dean wormer so famously said, "The time has come for someone to put his foot down. "

I hardly ever agree with you, broy, but you are a fan. We'll have to differ on verbal attacks on the coach. It provides some small joy to me to scream at the man responsible for the collapse of what was built here.

that all said, i do agree there is no sense verbally abusing the guy. it is what it is, and as fans, let's just bide our time until the circus leaves town in less than 2 months. what does verbal assaults accomplish? i prefer to go to the games and enjoy the band, meet other frustrated fans to discuss all things saint louis university and just enjoy our cadillac arena. things will come back around it is just a matter of time.

and all is quiet on the Western front. Yelling hopefully shows those in charge that the fans are fed up with this BS and want change.

These are some low energy losers right here.

I rip players on billikens.com.

Jolly is the only one I will scream at in the arena. Crews rightfully gets all of my ire in person. I could never look at a guy working hard in school and scream truly vitriolic stuff.

Crews is a grown man and he is responsible for this failure.

Anyone who is defending this needs to grow up. These idiots upset with us screaming at them want SLU basketball to be small time. Let these fools encourage louder rage against Crews. We will not accept irrelevance and being one of the 50 worst teams in the country. We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.

It just amazes me that we got someone that has never been more embarrassed to be a SLU fan due to people giving it to Crews. You think if that embarrassed you would be more embarrassed when kids not getting paid get it from the fans.

Hell, some of the players over the years have faced worse than crews is getting now. Rob Loe got screamed at by some old fat ass that sat behind my family's seats for four straight years. A few times Rob looked up and just shook his head.

It just amazes me that we got someone that has never been more embarrassed to be a SLU fan due to people giving it to Crews. You think if that embarrassed you would be more embarrassed when kids not getting paid get it from the fans.

Hell, some of the players over the years have faced worse than crews is getting now. Rob Loe got screamed at by some old fat ass that sat behind my family's seats for four straight years. A few times Rob looked up and just shook his head.

The only shameful thing is this on-court performance. The university should be ashamed of getting blasted at home by awful teams.

Rob had some haters for whatever reason.

For awhile he was, as Rick said 'of course, not tough'

He became a hell of a basketball player by his junior/senior years.

To compare our current softies to the softness of Ellis and Loe is telling... Ellis and Loe would have eaten these guy's lunch.

+1

-not trying to be too literal, but where is a zone? Sunday was the first time I saw full court pressure outside of the last minute of the game, where is that? where are positive adjustments out of timeout? out of halftime? AG has started 14 games, perhaps this adjustment has been made so I'll give him that

-one question, if you had to decide now would you have the coach return for next season?

I don't boo but I've gone home with a sore neck from shaking my head so much this year.

And SIX points? Really? SIX?

I wouldn't be surprised if Davidson hits the century mark tonight. Especially after watching Mason (averaging around 65) hit 92 the other day.

What the hell ever happened to "To Win: Defend and Rebound"??

-not trying to be too literal, but where is a zone? Sunday was the first time I saw full court pressure outside of the last minute of the game, where is that? where are positive adjustments out of timeout? out of halftime? AG has started 14 games, perhaps this adjustment has been made so I'll give him that

-one question, if you had to decide now would you have the coach return for next season?

No, I do not want any of the coaching staff back next year. As I said, I think they have done a terrible job of coaching. I do wonder if the directors will be willing to buy out the last two years of Crews' contract. It would surprise me if they did, but I also hope they know that Chaifetz will be empty next year if they don't.

Yep.

I am embarrassed by posters on here brutally berating Coach Crews over and over and over, a mostly immature approach trying to be the wittiest one that does... making up things constantly.

Please, try to show some class, people. You too, Spaulding.