Seniors: 15.5%

Juniors: 31%

Sophomores: 53.5%

Minutes against Morehead St

Seniors: 17%

Juniors: 25%

Sophomores: 51.5%

Freshmen: 6.5%

Let's not act like there's some gigantic difference here. The excuse of being young is weak.

Irrelevant balderdash. OK, name the seniors and juniors on that team.

How many seasons this bad back to back have TLR, Matheny, or Hitchcock had?

The point is that there are the same kind of loser fans/posters in every fan base, no matter what.

The 8-9 big experts on this board were all over Crews last year, his first year with his true recruits, freshmen.

No thanks. The back and forth with you is worthless. You have no regard for facts and make up things on the fly to support your argument. Not worth it.

We had Conklin, Remekun, and Ellis, 3 very experienced BIGS.

Were they that good as freshmen? Sophs?

Conklin was a decent player but then his senior year was spectacular.

Ellis and Remekun clearly improved their junior year.

Unfortunately, the only BIG uppreclassman we have is Reggie, injuries have held him back a bit.

If we had those three experienced BIGS right now (instead of the 3 upperclassmen we have), we'd be a shoo in for 20+ wins.

But go ahead and whine.

The discussion about whether Hitchcock needs to go is completely distinct from the discussion about whether Crews needs to go. The situations are not even remotely comparable, and it is truly asinine that someone would even draw those similarities.

Both coaches need to go, but the situations are completely different.

We had Conklin, Remekun, and Ellis, 3 very experienced BIGS.

Were they that good as freshmen? Sophs?

Conklin was a decent player but then his senior year was spectacular.

Ellis and Remekun clearly improved their junior year.

Unfortunately, the only BIG uppreclassman we have is Reggie, injuries have held him back a bit.

If we had those three experienced BIGS right now (instead of the 3 upperclassmen we have), we'd be a shoo in for 20+ wins.

But go ahead and whine.

So if I understand your point: We had better players then, so we were a better team.

I agree. Youth is not an excuse. Talent wins.

They think we can get a young superstar coach in his stead. They do not understand that in 50 years, we have only had two superstar coaches, Spoon and Majerus, and there was a lot of timing and luck with both, especially Majerus.

So because it's been done twice in 50 years the fan base should settle for mediocrity? We should not long for improvement? If that's the case then the university should not expect fans in the arena. I don't see your point.

That was eventually going to be my point. Got caught up in a meeting though.

"Name the juniors and seniors on that team."

"Okay, we've got Mitchell, Conklin, Ellis, Remekun Cassity. Holy smokes, you're right! Those players are better than our current players, and I miss them."

DocB - it is an interesting conversation for sure. It falls firmly into the "the next generation is terrible" argument

well, not so much; I'm blaming flaming blowhards like O'Reilly, Hannity, Al Franken/ Bill Maher types (it's not one side or the other) or even Trump -- not to mention their sportstalk disciples like -- I don't know, off the top of my head, Stephen Smith, Dan Patrick, Jim Rome, or local guys like Kevin Wheeler. Most of these guys rose to fame in the Rush Limbaugh era -- so no, I'm not blaming young folks. Monkey see, monkey do... the fall of the public sphere. Me no like.

So if I understand your point: We had better players then, so we were a better team.

I agree. Youth is not an excuse. Talent wins.

No. Nice try, though.

• We have a 2 year recruiting gap
  • They didn't
  • We have a shortage of experienced upperclassmen BIGS... Reggie is "it" and he has been injured, is behind schedule
  • Conklin emerged big time his SR year, Ellis and Cory improved a great deal, too, junior year

"Name the juniors and seniors on that team."

"Okay, we've got Mitchell, Conklin, Ellis, Remekun Cassity. Holy smokes, you're right! Those players are better than our current players, and I miss them."

TWO

YEAR

RECRUITING

GAP

WE

ONLY

HAVE

ONE

SENIOR

AND

TWO

JUNIORS

NOW

They had 3 key upperclassmen bigs, we have Reggie.

At the very least let's compare each set of sophs

Loe > Gillmann

Jett > Reynolds

McCall > Bartley

Evans > Yarbrough

Barnett = Roby

_____ > Jolly

[Heads toward liquor cabinet, head down.]

That was the other reason MB's torpedo of his own point was so hilarious; it draws attention to the fact that the upperclassmen and underclassmen on the 2011-2012 team were so much better than they are now. "You can't compare the two! Those upperclassmen were way better, it's not fair! And the sophomores would become our greatest class ever! How dare you hold our program to its own standard!"

Back to the Bills:

this team has room to grow, but our conference looks intimidating this year. I'd be pleased with .500 record this year but I doubt it. I made no predictions this year but had a very bad feeling, and I was deeply disappointed by drinking the Kool-aid last year. So I had very very low expectation.

I actually am much more upbeat at the moment --because we are actually better than I thought we'd be. The bar was low, as I said. We might even be pretty good -- next year. This year, winning 6-8 conference games, and maybe sneaking a win in the A10 tournament, sounds pretty good.

I also agree, there is a weird spirit around the fan base right now. Not sure why, but people tend to set very high expectations after our very awesome 3-year run of success. So far we have failed to parlay it into a winning program. Go figure....

well, not so much; I'm blaming flaming blowhards like O'Reilly, Hannity, Al Franken/ Bill Maher types (it's not one side or the other) or even Trump -- not to mention their sportstalk disciples like -- I don't know, off the top of my head, Stephen Smith, Dan Patrick, Jim Rome, or local guys like Kevin Wheeler. Most of these guys rose to fame in the Rush Limbaugh era -- so no, I'm not blaming young folks. Monkey see, monkey do... the fall of the public sphere. Me no like.

Yes because many kids these days are watching Bill O'Reilly and Hannity and most young adults even know who Rush Limbaugh is. Do you make these statements up as you go or have you been saving these Fox News/conservative bashings in your holster for many years and finally decided this was the appropriate forum to release them?