GDT: Premature Pitinolation

brianstl

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will get better every game. Learn from this one and move on. I saw a lot of good things tonight. I feel better about this team after this game than I did before this game.

Being hit on the glass has to do with having 2 of your 3 best rebounders on the bench most of the game. The minute Onuaku went out due to PF is when he should have unleashed Reggie in the paint to neutralize Mathiang but instead Reggie stays on the bench till the second half waiting for Onuaku to come in. As soon as he checks in so does Reggie. Could Reggie not have been a beast on the glass and provided some points in the paint. That would have neutralized Mathaing somewhat but Mathiang only had to abuse our young bigs.

Ok my turn. We lost. It was not a favorable loss, we went over the estimated 15 point loss margin. We will lose in our rankings by tomorrow.

However, I thought we played well. We defended well and played reasonably well against a much better team that rationally we were not going to beat. We did fine for the first 3/4 of the game and fell flat in our faces in the last 1/4. Do not know if we got tired or they got fired up. However I do know that there was a huge disparity in the rebounds. A team simply cannot win if the opposition rebounds 20 to your 5, period. We were out rebounded and out FT'd, we also were outscored by them. A loss is a loss, I hope our guys learned something from this one.

Otherwise I am pretty certain that we can play against any teams in the A10 and have a chance to win the game, as we did tonight. However, we were just not good enough for Louisville.

According to CBS -

36 rebounds to 16 rebounds.

Have we ever been out rebounded by 20 before?

We had 4 offensive rebounds. They had 16.

That was a difference maker.

We lost by 20, got killed in the second half and had a strange distribution in minutes. Surprised that as many people feel as good about this game as it appears. I saw a lot of the worst of last season.

And there's the negativity this board had been without for about 2 hours!

We lost by 20, got killed in the second half and had a strange distribution in minutes. Surprised that as many people feel as good about this game as it appears. I saw a lot of the worst of last season.

We both know that's a 30-40 point loss last season. We also know it was closer than the final score. We have a lot to work on, but I'm encouraged by what I saw.

We can beat Wichita State.

We both know that's a 30-40 point loss last season. We also know it was closer than the final score. We have a lot to work on, but I'm encouraged by what I saw.

We can beat Wichita State.

Agreed. Anyone that watched that game knows the final score was not at all representative of how close it was.

Besides the GW game last season, can anyone name a top 50 team we had the lead on in the second half of a game away from chaifetz?

What I saw tonight didn't remind me of last years team much. We are far from perfect but tonight was encouraging.

This is how low the standards have fallen. Not even two years after being ranked in the top ten people are trying to spit shine a 20 point loss.

Are we batter than last season? I would hope that we are not historically bad again and I think we are better.

Does that mean we can't see some of the things that frustrated us the most last season? Of course not.

I see no reason to take positives from this game. one of the keys for this season will be how the team responds from this loss.

The bad taste of this loss should stay with JC and his staff as a reminder that they cannot gimmick their way to a big win. We never got to any rhythm for our starters or continuity in the defense/offense like we did versus NF. Staff threw this game away and looked like once their game plan did not work they had no alternative plans. I will also say that MC doing what he did was a blessing but the kid did that on his own guts not because staff knew what they were doing. I am really disappointed with the coaching because I now realize these kids development is being destroyed by this staff. My hope is that they will succeed despite the handicap of having a so-so coach in tow. Real Talk!

This is how low the standards have fallen. Not even two years after being ranked in the top ten people are trying to spit shine a 20 point loss.

Are we batter than last season? I would hope that we are not historically bad again and I think we are better.

Does that mean we can't see some of the things that frustrated us the most last season? Of course not.

I see no reason to take positives from this game. one of the keys for this season will be how the team responds from this loss.

If we're 6-1 after the Wichita State game will you be happy? Honest question.

You're kind of contradicting yourself. You say how far we've fallen and how you see no reason to take positives from this game, yet you say you think we're better than last season. That seems like a huge positive to me. Especially because I think we're much better than last year.

The bad taste of this loss should stay with JC and his staff as a reminder that they cannot gimmick their way to a big win. We never got to any rhythm for our starters or continuity in the defense/offense like we did versus NF. Staff threw this game away and looked like once their game plan did not work they had no alternative plans. I will also say that MC doing what he did was a blessing but the kid did that on his own guts not because staff knew what they were doing. I am really disappointed with the coaching because I now realize these kids development is being destroyed by this staff. My hope is that they will succeed despite the handicap of having a so-so coach in tow. Real Talk!

What was the gimmick game plan you are referring to? The fact that ash couldn't dominate inferior players like he has so far this season?

Every time we lose people are going to play the "this is how far we've fallen" card. We no freaking we've fallen far. We won 11 games last year! This year is not about comparing this team to the 3 ncaa years but rather is about comparing to last year. Try to get to 17-18 wins type thing.

Yet people want to compare it to our 27 win teams?!?

It's especially odd because some of the same people that thought we'd win 8 or 9 games are the ones complaining the most!

What was the gimmick game plan you are referring to? The fact that ash couldn't dominate inferior players like he has so far this season?

You are only looking at the result of the gimmick thinking that these kids did not come to play. Ash is a superior D1 player....have some respect. I have it from a inside source that the coaching staff went away from what has propelled their growth to introducing a whole new offense and defense to play UL. After the first 4 minutes you can see that nothing is working. Somehow MC pulls some sharpshooting out of his hat to give us a fighting chance. Instead of going to our bread and butter JC kept tweaking his gimmick at the expense of key players being actively involved in the game.

Every good coach knowS that you must get your guys going because this is a game of rhythm not stop and go. Do not expect AY, RA, or etc to have big games without giving them the chance to heat up. I totally do not fault the kids for this loss. If anyone says Ash did not bring it, you must not have much understanding about this game. JC is doing a terrible job of building up the blocks that will make SLU compete adequately in the A10. Play your game and let them beat you at it. Why the constant changes. We all know what Louisville is all about and they never changed their identity to play us so why are we doing that. As long as JC is still doing this s$&& come conference play we will be in trouble. Build your team on the defensive and offensive identity that works with this group then let the kids grow in something they understand. You cannot change everytime you face a new opponent.

JC is so focused on the little things that he does not realize that each of these kids must be developed into ball players not pieces of a constantly changing puzzle. Sorry....I am mad tonite bros.....I cannot stand it when people think that teams like Louisville are superior. They are not compared to our kids. They just have a better teacher who spanked our coach on national tv tonite.

Pretty sure B-boy is aptly named and about 15 years old. Dude is clueless. BSTL also annoying as *&^*. Putting a few more on the ignore list.

Never happy with a loss but I didn't expect a win. I see improvement from last year in that they are running an offense, passing well, cutting down on TOs. Played a lot of players to try to neutralize the press making our guys tired. 14 TOs vs UofL full court D is not that bad. 3PT shooting was good. The lack of rebounding killed us. Even when making a lot of substitutions our team seemed to tire and fade in the second half.

I didn't expect SLU to be undefeated this season. So far I'm bolstered by the improvements I've seen and think this team is still very young and will continue to develop over the season and hopefully will peak at the right time.

Majerus team would not have possibly lost to this Louisville team?