Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATED - Micah Mason career vs. SLU:

3/11/15: W 61-55 XX 8-12 .667 3-5 .600 0-0 .000 8 4 0 2 1 2 19

2/25/15: W 79-66 39 7-10 .700 4-7 .571 2-2 1.000 5 5 0 3 1 2 20

1/14/15: L 78-69 35 4-9 .444 2-5 .400 2-2 1.000 4 1 0 2 2 0 12

2/27/14: W 71-64 26 6-8 .750 4-5 .800 6-7 .857 2 3 0 3 3 0 22

1/22/14: L 76-72 31 5-7 .714 5-7 .714 0-0 .000 2 6 0 0 0 0 15

Totals: 131+ tonight's minutes, 30-46 FG, 18-29 3FG, 10-11 FT, 21 Reb, 19 Ast, 0 Blk, 10 Stl, 8 Fl, 3 TO, 88 Pts.

Averages: 32.8 MPG, 65.2% FG, 62.1% 3FG, 90.9% FT%, 4.2 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.0 BPG, 2.0 SPG, 1.6 FPG, 0.6 TPG, 17.6 PPG

Apologies for the weird formatting. This guy is officially added to the pantheon of Billikillers.

I will say that they played much more in control tonight. Don't know the final turnover number, but the defense was much better and the turnovers although still too high were way less than 20 like we had during a stint earlier in the year. Eventhough MY had a really tough night, even he wasn't running the ball up the court out of control so eventhough they lost the final 2 games, at least they looked like they were playing more cohesively and hopefully that carries into next year

What the hell happened to MR?

As much as I would like to see him stay, and actually kinda he will stay, I think with how the coaching staff handled him erratically and with not clear plan doesn't make him a sure bet. My prediction of who will stay for sure is not based on performance, but on who has found a footing in the program.

61-55 DUQ Final

DUQ had 12 blocked shots. SLU simply does not have the inside athleticism, lacks a true point guard and an A10 caliber power forward.

The lack of an athletic power forward, 6'8" or taller, is a longstanding SLU deficit. SLU very much needs an Anthony Bonner type. SLU also needs a Kwamain Mitchell or Marque Perry type.

DUQ Coach Ferry said in his halftime interview that DUQ needed to guard the high post in the 2nd Half. DUQ did so. As usual, SLU made no visible adjustments to counter the increased DUQ pressure. From what I could tell, SLU continued to play a zone offense with a high post, Yarbrough or Crawford. This zone offense worked against GW 2 years ago when Dewayne Evans was playing that position.

SLU finishes 11-21 overall, 10-21 vs. D-1, 3-16 A10 counting tonight's A10 Tourney loss.

Jim Crews is 66-35 at SLU, .653 in 3 years, but 11-21, .344, with his own recruits.

The next season now begins, an important off-season for this program.

Roby, Crawford, yacoubu, agbeko, Bartley will stay. Everyone else is a toss up.

Add Gillmann to that list. If 3 or 4 transfer. The key will be not to waste the scholarships on reaches, just because we need players even if we have to go with an 11 man roster. The 2016 local class has a lot of players that could help us. I say 3 go, Lancona and two freshmen.

This has been a terrible and frustrating season. Although this has been worse than expected, we all knew that this was a rebuilding year and that any real success would be a bonus. Crews subs looked erratic, and it was hard to watch him basically throw away game after game in order to bring give minutes to the freshmen. I do think that crews commuted so much to this experiment that now we HAVE to give him another year to see if it plays out well. I don't think we can start seriously calling for his head until next season.

Worst season in history of Slu. Jimmy Crews simply cannot coach

I don't think we can conclude that until his little twisted experiment yields it's results next year. I agree it's not looking good, but it's too early to tell. He took a huge gamble and threw away this season for the sake of the future. Now it better pay off.

I don't think we can conclude that until his little twisted experiment yields it's results next year. I agree it's not looking good, but it's too early to tell. He took a huge gamble and threw away this season for the sake of the future. Now it better pay off.

The only way that makes sense is if he was trying to get a real non conference schedule next year since teams had been afraid to schedule us. Now we look like a patsy schedule. Unless that was the move there was no need for this. And he displayed clear in game incompetence many times esp last year vs. Wichita State (we should've won and there would have been no undefeated year) so yea I think we can conclude.

We need help but if 2 transfer and we get 4 to come in, the whole dynamic changes. We need muscle inside. Remember when Cory Remeken was our 7th or 8th man...

But we never seem to get those good Juco transfers or 5th year senior specials. Cory would be the starting center now.