GDT: DC Demolition

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he has not played much in the last several games, but I am still surprised Reynolds didn't see the floor at all tonight. Sometimes, I think Crews forgets about guys and I believe he has said as much in the past. Regardless, if tonight is any indication, MB, MY, and DR are going to be leaders over the next three years with AG close behind. I would like to see Reynolds get back into the mix too.

not to pile on but; that steal? and then one on one to the basket instead of pulling back was a bummer.

Incredibly selfish play. He had nothing going, should've given us a chance to run the offense.

I know he has not played much in the last several games, but I am still surprised Reynolds didn't see the floor at all tonight. Sometimes, I think Crews forgets about guys and I believe he has said as much in the past. Regardless, if tonight is any indication, MB, MY, and DR are going to be leaders over the next three years with AG close behind. I would like to see Reynolds get back into the mix too.

I don't think Crews handles substitutions (like most head coaches) unless he wants a guy yanked immediately for bad play. Seems to be Tanner's job.

I'd bump Reynolds above Agbeko and Jolly at this point. PG is a bigger need in the short and long term. Tonight's matchup could've been a factor, but come on. Let's not forget Reynolds scored 19 in a game that he pretty much won by himself. He deserves a shot to get more minutes at this level.

In the last 2 minutes:

-Ash lost track of the shot clock - turnover.

-Gillmann missed a layup under the basket.

-Manning missed the front end of a one-and-one.

-Yarbrough missed the front end of a one-and-one.

-We couldn't get a three point attempt with the ball and 18+ seconds left.

I know we hit a few big shots in there and forced a couple turnovers, as well, but wow - that's a lot of bad plays from a lot of different guys. After playing so hard the whole game, I hate to see it get so shaky at the end.

not nearly as bad last few minutes than some of our most recent games. when GW got 7 up toward end of game can't imagine I was only one hoping we'd hold them under a dozen. i don't know how many in last 2 minutes but those GW putbacks were daggers.

I don't think Crews handles substitutions (like most head coaches) unless he wants a guy yanked immediately for bad play. Seems to be Tanner's job.

Substitutions are on all the coaches no matter who actually calls for the sub.

I think Reynolds deserves time especially with McBrooms continued A10 struggles but the whole staff did a good job tonight

I like McBroom off the bench, although he needs to provide more offensively; I agree with those saying he has to be a 2 on offense from here out. Yarbrough has shown us that he can be our present and future; really excited to see him continue to develop. Ash is frustrating because he shows flashes of dominance but hasn't quite put together a full performance. If Roby can discover some semblance of an offensive game, as he did tonight, we're looking good. Pleased that Crawford attacked the basket again and had a decent game; would like to see more of that from him. Bartley hit some shots which was another good sign - he needs to be more than just a passer, as teams have been content to play off of him all season. Gillmann had an up and down game, which is not unexpected; 4 assists and some buckets, but got pushed around defensively and missed some he should've made. Manning was meh; he eats up space but not much more. Jolly set some good screens? Reggie is part of the full court press, but not much else at this point. Hopefully Tanner gets his shot and confidence back in practice. Miles saw today that we need another guard to step up as a ball handler, now it's up to him to prove to the coaches that he's up to the task.

Phew. The upward trajectory continues, and I'm a bit more confident in our ability to avoid finishing at the bottom of the league now. We'll see some more stinkers yet this season but this game showed what we are capable of. The people wringing their hands about next year can at least calm down a bit now. This group clearly has talent.

In the last 2 minutes:

-Ash lost track of the shot clock - turnover.

-Gillmann missed a layup under the basket.

-Manning missed the front end of a one-and-one.

-Yarbrough missed the front end of a one-and-one.

-We couldn't get a three point attempt with the ball and 18+ seconds left.

I know we hit a few big shots in there and forced a couple turnovers, as well, but wow - that's a lot of bad plays from a lot of different guys. After playing so hard the whole game, I hate to see it get so shaky at the end.

Yarborough gets a pass. He was 3/4 for the night and played 38 minutes. It will take an adjustment to learn to shoot them tired.

Gillmann' s got to make that and will in the future.

No excuse for Manning.

Yacabou at a minimum has to step back and launch one even if it's from 25 to 30 feet out.

On the 18 seconds, who is our play maker? We have to figure that out.

Yarborough gets a pass. He was 3/4 for the night and played 38 minutes. It will take an adjustment to learn to shoot them tired.

Gillmann' s got to make that and will in the future.

No excuse for Manning.

Yacabou at a minimum has to step back and launch one even if it's from 25 to 30 feet out.

On the 18 seconds, who is our play maker? We have to figure that out.

18 seconds and we cannot get a three after having 6 players hit 11 threes in the previous 39 minutes and 42 seconds. This is literally going to keep me up tonight. Gonna need some Benadryl....

i apologize in advance for the off thread topic question. I welcome any redirection to an appropriate thread. if a game is not listed as being broadcast on cbs sports, nbc sports and ESPN doesn't specify any other network, where will it be broadcast? (asking specifically about the upcoming davidson game, but extends to later games as well).

Remember the last two years how at the end of the game we just expected Jordair to win it on his own? Well, he's back in the form of Malik, only he's bigger and badder...and he's going to take on that role earlier in his career. Maybe not tonight, maybe not even too much this year, but the next three...lookout! My main concern is that MY doesn't stick around all four years, especially if they really think he may grow another couple of inches.

i apologize in advance for the off thread topic question. I welcome any redirection to an appropriate thread. if a game is not listed as being broadcast on cbs sports, nbc sports and ESPN doesn't specify any other network, where will it be broadcast? (asking specifically about the upcoming davidson game, but extends to later games as well).

Possibly FOX Sports Midwest if I understand your question. That won't help in you are not living in that area of course.

Seriously people, enough with the BS talk about MY transferring. He's not going anywhere

You need a "Jump to Conclusions" mat! I was suggesting an early 'transfer' to the NBA, albeit somewhat tongue in cheek.