GDT: DC Demolition

You need a "Jump to Conclusions" mat! I was suggesting an early 'transfer' to the NBA, albeit somewhat tongue in cheek.

My apologies, I've just read too many posts the past few days saying that MY would transfer. Though it is possible he could be drafted as a senior, doubtful anytime before that

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun game to watch. Definitely the best we've played all year. There's no such thing as moral victories but thats as close as it will ever come.

Two reasons we nearly won the game:

- Terrific shooting, particularly from 3. If only it was this easy to shoot >50% every game.

- Milik. What a stud.

Three reasons we did lose:

- The homer officiating in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Totally one sided and at it's worst the foul differential was 9-1. The FT differential was ridiculous and the key blocks they called on Roby when he was clearly set and the center bowled into him led directly to 5 points plus him having to leave the game.

- The lack of defensive rebounding down the stretch. Every possession they got 2 or 3 opportunities. Just brutal.

- Despite all the made 3s the lack of execution down the stretch on offense including Gillman's missed layup, the two front end of 1-1s, the shot clock violation and not getting a 3 off in the final possession.

Still, I'm just glad we played a truly competitive game against a really good team. First time we can honestly say that all year and to do it on the road was really nice. Unfortunately, I suspect we'll get blown out at Davidson just because these things tends to even out.

You need a "Jump to Conclusions" mat! I was suggesting an early 'transfer' to the NBA, albeit somewhat tongue in cheek.

He was referencing a post or two in another thread where Moytoy and maybe someone else put their defeatist hat on and said the one guy we really want to keep will end up being the one that transfers. Whatever.

Now if they can play like this consistently then maybe they can be 500 in the conference but lets wait and see what happens in the next game. Plenty to pick at but the overall play by the freshmen gave me hope. Did I miss it - did MR get in at all?

Miles did not play

Milik is a star. Nothing else needs to be said.

Roby won't shoot like that every game, but if he can be another threat from 3, it'll only open the paint more for Yarbrough and drives by Yacoubou.

Yacoubou has been a big disappointment on offense but he goes up stronger than anyone for rebounds. His rebounding as a guard is a valuable asset.

Crawford is a role player who I still think needs more looks from outside. Also wouldn't have had a problem with him taking the shot there at the end instead of us forcing it to McBroom who did nothing.

This wasn't Manning's type of game.

Gillmann was overmatched but didn't do a horrible job.

Impressed with Bartley despite some rough plays (the steal by Garino or whoever it was was just flat out bad). Offense runs better when he's in there. He still doesn't take a ball screen close enough, but he'll improve. Again if he can be a threat as an outside shooter, it'll help.

McBroom. Don't know what to say. I didn't fall for his hot start to the season this year. He's just undersized and he's not a Chaz Williams type player. I was more upset about him losing the ball on the steal/breakaway than him unable to get a shot at the end.

Miles did not play

Is he hurt or just being forgot about? He could not get in but RA who can hardly do anything of any level of note got in for 5 minutes - very confusing. We were in trouble with our guards - foul trouble - hard to imagine that he could not even get a few minutes to protect our guards from fouling out.

McBroom's play at the end was boneheaded, but if that situation arises again he is still the guy I want taking that shot. I am much more concerned about Ash ignoring the shot clock on a set play out of a time out than I am about anything McBroom posts on twitter.

Yeah, it's a rookie mistake but, freshman or not, if Bartley is going to be the PG he needs to pull his head out. His TO% is unacceptable. Nice to see him hit those shots late though.

I was there with my wife (a GW alum) and all the GW fans we talked to said it was the worst attended game of the year. Maybe 15% SLU fans. They also all agreed that the refs were awful--not just the no call at the end but the no calls on goaltending and hanging on the rim earlier in the half. Another case of us not playing an especially clean game but still managing to hang in there. unfortunately we will not be able to shoot like that every night, so it still feels like a missed opportunity.

All that said, how many people still think we will only win two conference games??

McBroom's play at the end was boneheaded, but if that situation arises again he is still the guy I want taking that shot. I am much more concerned about Ash ignoring the shot clock on a set play out of a time out than I am about anything McBroom posts on twitter.

Yeah, it's a rookie mistake but, freshman or not, if Bartley is going to be the PG he needs to pull his head out. His TO% is unacceptable. Nice to see him hit those shots late though.

McBroom is definitely my top option in that situation which is why it was so disappointing that he passed up on the opportunity. Ash's shot clock violation was terrible. So was McBroom carelessly going to the bucket after that steal. So were Manning and Yarbrough's missed free throws. Lots of unacceptable plays from upperclassmen to close the game.

Bartley is a better PG than McBroom, but agree his turnovers are just simply careless sometimes.

McBroom is definitely my top option in that situation which is why it was so disappointing that he passed up on the opportunity. Ash's shot clock violation was terrible. So was McBroom carelessly going to the bucket after that steal. So were Manning and Yarbrough's missed free throws. Lots of unacceptable plays from upperclassmen to close the game.

Bartley is a better PG than McBroom, but agree his turnovers are just simply careless sometimes.

I don't think Bartley's TOs are as much careless...to me, it's more he doesn't realize that college defenders can make plays that other guys he's played against can't.

I don't think Bartley's TOs are as much careless...to me, it's more he doesn't realize that college defenders can make plays that other guys he's played against can't.

Agree, he just needs more experience and his ball handling instincts will improve dramatically. Also look for him to add significant weight this offseason along with Gillman

-I believe the outcome of the game is different even with all the other stuff if we can rebound the damn basketball in the last 2 minutes

-MILIK............wow!!! can't wait until Milik and FBJT are on the floor together as Billikens