Methdale at the Bills GDT

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a group that will improve on those things. They are ahead of where I expected them to be.

Agreed. These kids are going to be fun to watch.

I saw a lot of athleticism that I didn't expect and we are obviously a taller team than in the past which was nice to see. Our defense will obviously need to improve and I think it will.

In regards to AM: I was very happy with AM's game tonight. Does he force some things? Of course...but he's not timid, he's one of the leaders on the floor and he isn't afraid to take the big shot. You absolutely need him on this team, doing exactly what he did tonight.. As the season progresses I don't think he will have to force so many things.as the younger players get more comfortable.

Starting off with a W against a decent team is a great way to start off with these guys. I still stand by mcbroom, and all you who dog on him, including this game, I ask where we would have been without him. Do we have an announced attendance? Come from behind win from the newbies. Love it

I believe Rammer said 10,016 on the broadcast.

This is a group that will improve on those things. They are ahead of where I expected them to be.

Exactly. They can only get BETTER. Yes, some aspects were attrocious, but it was a hard fought and well deserved win by a very young squad. I saw some very good things from the freshmen tonight. Gillman was phenomenal. McBroom looked like the point guard we have all been asking for.

Didn't notice this...

Our usual attention to detail. I also noticed that college students don't have "Years," they have "Grades."

And official attendance, per the box score, was 10015, which is utterly fraudulent given that at least one section in the upper end zone behind the students was at least 1/2 empty and there were many empty seats in the other upper sections at that end of the arena. It appears they distributed that end to CYC or some other promotion and counted those tickets as "sold," even though nobody showed up to use them.

How was the student section tonight? I thought we were pretty good but it always sounds louder when you're standing in the middle of it

Perhaps the best student section ever. They operated as a unit. No longer just "SLUnatics" down low and everyone else texting their friends at other schools.

How was the student section tonight? I thought we were pretty good but it always sounds louder when you're standing in the middle of it

I have been gone for recent years, but I was impressed by the student section. Full to the brim, and they were into the game. Probably not as loud as I have heard them before, but this game didn't have many moments until the end to really ramp up the crowd.

I am probably most thankful for the win because of the attendance. We probably would have lost a lot of casual fans with a loss tonight.