The Wiz's preseason A-10 report card

The Wiz

Hi all.

Well, finally finished decompressing from Cards baseball....time to move on to Bills basketball.

Saw some of you over the summer around town ...hope to see more of you at upcoming Bills games.

As for the upcoming season....to quote Yogi Berra...it's deja vu all over again...As we go back to the start of the Majerus era...a new team with a lot of promise and many unknowns that gets better as the year progresses....many frustrating mistakes, ...unable to close out some games ...close games against weak teams that we should whip. BUT with all that said.....preseason prediction...23-7 ...This comes from a weak out of conference schedule (11-1) and a weakened A-10 conference (12-6) So all in all it should be a good year and a fun year.

Here is what the A-10 report card looks like......

A.......VCU

A-.......Day & GW

B+......UMass & Rich

B........THE BILLS, LaS, RI, & St. J

B-.......St. B

C+......Dav,& Duq,

C.........Geo Mas

D+.......Ford

As always, I will post a pre conference report card on Jan.1 when we will have a lot more data. As usual, the month of November will be a transition month as I gather data. I need 6 games to get a good handle, so by the time we get to Wichita we will have a good idea what kind of team we will have as well as a better predicting model.

Go Bills

It sounds plausible to me. I would however assume we will lose more than 1 OOC. I can live with, say, 9-3 or even 8-4. 11-1 would be perfect (perfecter would be beating Wichita).

I will only add: if we are 12-6 in conference, we will finish higher than that grade has us -- i.e. 6-9 in the A10. 12-6 in league would be awesome--but it may be doable with the league down a little. I still say with real progress from now through the tourney, we are shooting to be a top 3 team in the league.

final ps: I've been very surprised, and frankly dismayed, at all the chicken littles on here who actually believe the buffoon prognosticators saying we aren't even a top 100 team. or in the 80s somewhere ... what a load of horseapples!

As always, I will post a pre conference report card on Jan.1 when we will have a lot more data. As usual, the month of November will be a transition month as I gather data. I need 6 games to get a good handle, so by the time we get to Wichita we will have a good idea what kind of team we will have as well as a better predicting model.

the first thing you need is a name. then you'll know what kind of a band you've got.

Hi all.

Well, finally finished decompressing from Cards baseball....time to move on to Bills basketball.

Saw some of you over the summer around town ...hope to see more of you at upcoming Bills games.

As for the upcoming season....to quote Yogi Berra...it's deja vu all over again...As we go back to the start of the Majerus era...a new team with a lot of promise and many unknowns that gets better as the year progresses....many frustrating mistakes, ...unable to close out some games ...close games against weak teams that we should whip. BUT with all that said.....preseason prediction...23-7 ...This comes from a weak out of conference schedule (11-1) and a weakened A-10 conference (12-6) So all in all it should be a good year and a fun year.

Here is what the A-10 report card looks like......

A.......VCU

A-.......Day & GW

B+......UMass & Rich

B........THE BILLS, LaS, RI, & St. J

B-.......St. B

C+......Dav,& Duq,

C.........Geo Mas

D+.......Ford

Go Bills

23-7? No way. I reported this post for spam but I was informed that is is a legit communication. Just the Wiz drunk again.

Some things never change with Fordham. Hypothetical question... would you take a once-in-a lifetime trip to the Final Four, followed by a decade of NCAA futility (like Mason) or rather have a decade that featured a handful of trips of the Dance, but no deep Tourney runs?

Some things never change with Fordham. Hypothetical question... would you take a once-in-a lifetime trip to the Final Four, followed by a decade of NCAA futility (like Mason) or rather have a decade that featured a handful of trips of the Dance, but no deep Tourney runs?

A decade with a handful of trips. One awesome month does not make up for years of futility.

Final Four. No questions asked. Butler wasn't Butler until they reached the Final Four, if that makes sense.

I will be thrilled with that record. We will be especially vulnerable to injuries this year, as any of our returning players going down, means another Freshman is on the floor. I include Ash in the list of returning players.

Speaking of Ash, it is apparent that he and our other transfer McBroom will be a big part of this years team and appear to have made a good choice in SLU. I know that there are no spots open at the moment, but future transfers should take note, as we have seen transfers going to other programs fail epically.

-final four

I'd take repeated dancing over once in lifetime final four any decade.

Davidson ahead of George Mason surprises me some.

They are pretty close with a slight edge to Davidson....for the 2 game series I have them splitting. It is possible the 2 teams could flip flop by the time we play them but in either case we should be able to beat both of them.

They are pretty close with a slight edge to Davidson....for the 2 game series I have them splitting. It is possible the 2 teams could flip flop by the time we play them but in either case we should be able to beat both of them.

What is the correction for Mason's lack of coaching?