SLU - Harris Stowe Game Day Thread

SluSignGuy

What you have to decide is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, would this be how you'd want to have spent it? Listen, the truth is, nothing is guaranteed. You know that more than anybody. So don't be afraid.... be alive, bring into the games a $5 pint of bumpy face, save those dollars on alcoholic beverages and put that money away for those whom will be, after thee.

exploding_head_3.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ps: I discovered an Urban Chestnut booth as well -- I think on the SE side -- was that there last year? also at $8.50 a pop!

It was there last year. I didn't stop by on Tuesday. Was it on draftt?

My main gripe with the Schlafly vendor is that it was a 16 oz draft last year. Now it's a 12 oz bottle for a dollar more.

It was there last year. I didn't stop by on Tuesday. Was it on draftt?

My main gripe with the Schlafly vendor is that it was a 16 oz draft last year. Now it's a 12 oz bottle for a dollar more.

i'll be dipped in a warm bag of fuok if i'll pay 850 cents for a gotdamn fuoking 12 oz bottle of schlafly. i wouldn't pay that for a fuoking six-pack. AIDS. AIDS all over the place. this country's gonna price itself out of itself.

I just want to disclose that I have no connection to Gillman.

Manning will be fine he's the descendant in a long line of serviceable white guy Centers: Heinrich, Husak

He plays decent defense and alters a lot of shots that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

You guys advocating deep rotations are bit off. I could see it if SLU ran a full court press and fast break offense. Otherwise we will settle into a normal rotation after a few games one that works chemistry-wise. If just running the whole team through every game were a good strategy we'd see it employed a lot more.

I don't think Glaze was being confrontational, as I'm pretty sure Canadians can't be confrontational. It's against their DNA.

Manning will be fine he's the descendant in a long line of serviceable white guy Centers: Heinrich, Husak

He plays decent defense and alters a lot of shots that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

You guys advocating deep rotations are bit off. I could see it if SLU ran a full court press and fast break offense. Otherwise we will settle into a normal rotation after a few games one that works chemistry-wise. If just running the whole team through every game were a good strategy we'd see it employed a lot more.

I don't think Glaze was being confrontational, as I'm pretty sure Canadians can't be confrontational. It's against their DNA.

C'mon Abomb, they hit the beaches at Normandy.......

i'll be dipped in a warm bag of fuok if i'll pay 850 cents for a gotdamn fuoking 12 oz bottle of schlafly. i wouldn't pay that for a fuoking six-pack. AIDS. AIDS all over the place. this country's gonna price itself out of itself.

You know you should really be more considerate, you almost made me spew out all my coffee onto the assignment I'm working on...

ABomb. Time will tell but I sure hope you are wrong. I DO hope that Crews uses deep rotations - which I would define as 10 to 11 guys as opposed to shorter rotations being 7 to 8 or even 9 guys.. IMO, the 2 Seniors (GG and JM), the 2 Juniors (Ash and AM) and the 3 Sophs (TL, RA and MC) will each get playing time regardless. If so, then that's already a 7 player mix -- with no playing time for any freshman. If Crews goes with an 8 or 9 person rotation, then that would mean that only 1 or 2 Freshmen get playing time. IMO, we need at least 4 Freshmen getting meaningful minutes. And yes, a 12 to 13 man rotation is simply too much.

Last year, our Seniors started the year flat and quite frankly did not play well when put in slightly different roles such as DE playing with his face to the basket from 15 feet out and with both JJ and MM trying to become outside shooters. This, combined with the fact that last year's Frosh (RA, TL and MC) did not impress and/or were injured resulting in their receiving few meaningful minutes, Crews shortened the bench get the team playing better and maximized wins in the short term. By the end of the year, our Frosh were still not ready to help out enough, guys like AM wore down and/or /became exposed, JB kept his poor shooting going and our 4 main Seniors (JJ, MM, RL and DE) ended up carrying us only so far.

This year, I hope that unless things change, that JM and GG start the years as our starting Senior leaders, that if they prove their worth they retain their roles as starters and their time in minutes but that if they fail to take charge, that they return to their historic role models with the Frosh replacing them. Also, if AM wears down again and/or gets shut down by taller, long-armed A10 guards, that our Frosh are able to step in and pick up the slack. The only way the Frosh will be able to replace them during the A10 season is if they get meaningful minutes -- hence a deep rotation - in the OOC season.

You'll see a very deep rotation in the non-conference schedule in my opinion. But I think Crews will settle into a 9-man rotation by mid January. Everyone will get a chance to prove themselves. I just hope that Crews is willing include the freshman over the more experienced guys come January.

Well, I'm pretty sure they invented the High Sticking Penalty.....so there's that!

You'll see a very deep rotation in the non-conference schedule in my opinion. But I think Crews will settle into a 9-man rotation by mid January. Everyone will get a chance to prove themselves. I just hope that Crews is willing include the freshman over the more experienced guys come January.

Assuming you are correct with Bartley and Gillman at 12 and 13 (and none of us are so sure of that right now) and assuming you are correct with us going to a 9 man roster, do you really think (short of injury) that GG and/or,JM (or one or more of the 3 Sophs) would sit and not be in the top 9? IMO, the worst thing we can do is to extensively play our upper classmen (JM and GG) in the OOC portion of the schedule if they have not proven to Jim Crews (not to me) that something has changed from these past 3 years. Moderate success against the OOC is one thing. Team leadership and Senior class rewards are nice. But success in the A10 is quite another thing. And every minute given to the upperclassmen is one minute less for the Frosh and Sophs.