AP Poll 3/10/14

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You only fell one spot despite losing 3 of last 4, I'd say the voters are showing you some respect. I figured you'd be in the low 20s.

VCU @ 23 and rpi up to 13 and if we get some revenge on UMass in the 2nd game, our rpi might break single digits if those in front lose.

Gonna be another great A10 final. Last years game came down to the wire, and it was a pair of Mitchell/Ellis 3's that sealed it. I think it will be even closer this year. Two teams that have trouble scoring, but play great defense. First one to 60 wins.

Glad to seee both programs, and the league, getting thier due.

Whoever wins this tourney probably gets a #4 seed. A lot to play for.

UMass still has a better RPI than VCU...a second win over them would be a pretty good bump too.

So far I think our record against teams we've already played this year is 0-3. This tournament is going to be interesting.

You only fell one spot despite losing 3 of last 4, I'd say the voters are showing you some respect. I figured you'd be in the low 20s.

VCU @ 23 and rpi up to 13 and if we get some revenge on UMass in the 2nd game, our rpi might break single digits if those in front lose.

Gonna be another great A10 final. Last years game came down to the wire, and it was a pair of Mitchell/Ellis 3's that sealed it. I think it will be even closer this year. Two teams that have trouble scoring, but play great defense. First one to 60 wins.

SLU was ranked 10th in the AP before losing 3 of 4. That's 8 spots if my math is correct.

Where are you getting a 13 RPI for VCWho?

18 according to Lunardi/ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi

Does the AP do another poll before Selection Sunday, or do they stick to Monday releases?

If only...

With VCU at #25.

Think we have to hope for a Sunday match-up with the Rams. A victory there could give us a solid bump in seeding.

Or UMass. Both very solid teams.

SLU was ranked 10th in the AP before losing 3 of 4. That's 8 spots if my math is correct.

Hehehe +1

So far I think our record against teams we've already played this year is 0-3. This tournament is going to be interesting.

Exactly why I'm worrisome for the A10, but extremely confident for the NCAA tourney.

Real time and CBS both have us as 13.

ESPN is the least accurate one. Sometimes takes days to change over.

All the more reason to want to kick your assess in the A10 Tourney. While you and the VCU crew who've invaded this board aren't the classiest of folks, the UMass team and fans make you and silent bob look like attendees to high tea at Buckingham Palace......I hope they get bounced early by the worst team possible.......

All the more reason to want to kick your assess in the A10 Tourney. While you and the VCU crew who've invaded this board aren't the classiest of folks, the UMass team and fans make you and silent bob look like attendees to high tea at Buckingham Palace......I hope they get bounced early by the worst team possible.......

Went over and read the UMass game thread. The refs beat them, not SLU.

Went over and read the UMass game thread. The refs beat them, not SLU.

That's hard to believe. We were jobbed a good bit in the first half especially. The only call I'd cry about would be the Loe jump ball call at the end of the game. It was the right call but you never get that call on the road.....certainly not in the A10......

+1

With VCU at #25.

Think we have to hope for a Sunday match-up with the Rams. A victory there could give us a solid bump in seeding.

I don't think the Sunday game will matter much for seeding. It seems the committee has already decided seeding (other than surprise automatic qualifiers) by the time the Sunday games finish.

I don't think the Sunday game will matter much for seeding. It seems the committee has already decided seeding (other than surprise automatic qualifiers) by the time the Sunday games finish.

I think they decide, but moreso in the if SLU wins #5, if they lose #7