35 is the new 25

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!! Look around college basketball and you may see 1 or 2 teams that have bad stretches throughout the season. Heck, some of the bigggest names are going thru them right now with us. Yes, does it suck it is right before March but it's not the end of the world. Imagine if we started the A-10 season 0-3 then ran the table. Would be still be a lock for the Tourney, talked about in the media and a big buzz in St. Louis win or lose? We can right this ship and it can start Sunday.

On the plus side, my expectation level for the postseason just dropped to zero.

Good point. We have all been accustomed to being the underdog. Guess that's where we are again when it comes to the NCAA tourney.

On the plus side, my expectation level for the postseason just dropped to zero.

It's true. One week ago, you would have had trouble finding a single poster that would have been happy with anything less than a Sweet 16 appearance.

Now, I'm just hoping for a first round win and a competitive second round game where we hope the ball bounces our way.

It's true. One week ago, you would have had trouble finding a single poster that would have been happy with anything less than a Sweet 16 appearance.

Now, I'm just hoping for a first round win and a competitive second round game where we hope the ball bounces our way.

Yep. In other words, our program has officially leveled off to the same place we were last year. Five starting Rick Majerus seniors, and zero overall progression for the program.

Jimmy Crews...?

Yep. In other words, our program has officially leveled off to the same place we were last year. Five starting Rick Majerus seniors, and zero overall progression for the program.

Jimmy Crews...?

Yup, the program has leveled off to having the same amount of success as last year. And oh by the way, last year was the most successful year in 40 something years.

Yup, the program has leveled off to having the same amount of success as last year. And oh by the way, last year was the most successful year in 40 something years.

It is like some people really thought we we should have Duke level expectations all of a sudden. You would think we were loaded with McDonald All-Americans.

This is what happens to a program like our's when your second best player joins your best player in being limited by injury.

I think we all need to get our heads out of our insides and look at the silver-linings: We're 25-5. We're in 1st in the A10 and likely ranked next week for the 9th week in a row. We're going to the NCAA tournament for the 3rd time in a row, and we've broken every record in the damn book this year.

We're on a three game skid, it's tough. But we have to consider all angles. We're playing a very tough schedule right now, and we're dealing with injuries. Hopefully we can get it together by the tournaments, but we'll have to wait and see. Just stop bichting and enjoy this remarkable ride we're on.

You can live in the past all you want; excuse me for wanting progress.

It is like some people really thought we we should have Duke level expectations all of a sudden. You would think we were loaded with McDonald All-Americans.

This is what happens to a program like our's when your second best player joins your best player in being limited by injury.

Hoping for the Sweet Sixteen is not "Duke level expectations." We should be so lucky to realistically hope for "Duke level expectations."

Think I speak for most when I say a competitive second round loss will absolutely not satisfy expectations, regardless of the last 3 games.

What about the 3 or 4 before it? It's not exactly like our play the last 3 games is an aberration, is it? It seems like the natural continuation of a trend that began weeks ago.

It might be, but it's nothing we can't turnaround, adjust, get back to playing tough D etc., and overcome. Also not changing the fact that this season will be a disappointment for me if we don't find a way into the S16.

So, to be clear: as far as you're concerned this is a Sweet Sixteen team.

At the beginning of the season, I would have set four goals/expectations for the team. And I'd characterize these goals as certainly achievable but relatively lofty in the grand scheme of things. (Not saying you shouldn't have lofty goals ... but in any given year only a handful of teams would reach each of these goals)

1) Win the regular season conference title (check)

2) Win enough games to attract national media attention about SLU basketball (check)

3) Repeat as tournament champs (still pending)

4) Make it to the Sweet 16 or beyond (still pending)

To each their own on whether they'll ultimately view the season as a success, but no sense entering in your final grade at this point. The grades already in the book look good. While the recent trends look less than promising, the past doesn't always predict the future. In my 30 years as Bills fan, looking forward to the next few weeks unlike any March before (well aside from maybe last year).

I'm pretty sure this is all part of jim Crews' master plan to get us to the sweet 16. If we were to go into the tournament as a hot team with national attention I don't think we would be able to win in the tournament with a target on our back. Now that were sliding teams might take us for granted... then BOOM sweet 16. All part of the master plan guys.

Who cares about Saturday at this point? The #1 seed in the A-10 tourney is wrapped up, our high ranking and shot at a high NCAA seed are gone, and our two best players are playing hurt. Let the freshmen and walk-ons play Saturday and give the seniors a week to rest and figure out what the f* is going on. The only things that really matter before the NCAA are conference and tourney champs. One of those is wrapped up.