Are we now officially the cardiac BILLIKENS?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things:

First, that was honestly some of the worst NCAA Division I officiating I have ever seen. Absolutely awful, those men should all be demoted to division III immediately. No scratch that, they're not even good enough for high school games.

Second, George mason made some of the luckiest shots. Between making pretty much all of their threes (most being contested) and the ridiculous lobs that just dropped right in, I've never seen luckier shots.

Lastly, this game showed just how resilient this Billikens team really is. They never gave up or backed down, even when the offense was sloppy or the refs ****ed us over on the defensive end.

The next time we play GMU, I don't think all of those lucky shots will drop for them again.

A couple of things:

First, that was honestly some of the worst NCAA Division I officiating I have ever seen.

Second, George mason made some of the luckiest shots (most being contested)

Lastly, this game showed just how resilient this Billikens team really is. They never gave up or backed down, even when the offense was sloppy or the refs ****ed us over on the defensive end.

The next time we play GMU, I don't think all of those lucky shots will drop for them again.

It was a tough one, but I'd like to give GMU a little more credit. There's no way that the entire game they rode out on luck. A lot of their shots, yes, lucky. Also, you can't blame the officials for everything (no matter how God awful they were) and you have to give credit where credit is due. GM earned a little respect from this Billiken fan today.

It was a tough one, but I'd like to give GMU a little more credit. There's no way that the entire game they rode out on luck. A lot of their shots, yes, lucky. Also, you can't blame the officials for everything (no matter how God awful they were) and you have to give credit where credit is due. GM earned a little respect from this Billiken fan today.

Agreed. GM may have been lucky, but they came to play and took advantage of the good luck (and the officiating).

we got some cheap calls our way. credit to GM, they played a great game and seemed to hit every shot. i still don't understand their strategy on the last possession of regulation.

Agreed, we got plenty of questionable calls in our favor. Complaining about the refs is lame, especially in a game that we won.

Let's not disrespect GM. They've lost some tough games. Yes, I thought they got a lot of rim luck today, but honestly we didn't defend them until about 4 minutes left. I mean really get in their craw defense. Am sure JC will address that this week. But what kept them in it, really kept their lead, was they pounded us on their misses and got way too many second chance shots and hit about 150% of them. I know you can't go over 100%, it just seemed like 150% of them. That was the biggest factor today for it going into OT. GM is not as bad as their record indicates. Actually, they looked and played pretty solid ball. Thank God we had New Zealand on our team today. He was money pretty much the whole game. And Grunky can go eff his soft self.

Let's not disrespect GM. They've lost some tough games. Yes, I thought they got a lot of rim luck today, but honestly we didn't defend them until about 4 minutes left. I mean really get in their craw defense. Am sure JC will address that this week. But what kept them in it, really kept their lead, was they pounded us on their misses and got way too many second chance shots and hit about 150% of them. I know you can't go over 100%, it just seemed like 150% of them. That was the biggest factor today for it going into OT. GM is not as bad as their record indicates. Actually, they looked and played pretty solid ball. Thank God we had New Zealand on our team today. He was money pretty much the whole game. And Grunky can go eff his soft self.

GMU is talented. They are kind of tired of Paul Hewitt. They've had several games follow this script.

And imagine this for a moment, RL and MM break out of their 3 pt slumps then toss in Mc3. Teams are going to have to come out of their zones and stop doubling up on DE. Whoa, if that happens. We'll be killer come Prom time. I'll mention JB too, but he's streaky.he had at least 4 wide open looks today that all came up clankers.

I watched the end of the RI game GM lost and was pretty impressed with their athleticism. When you look at the scores they lost by most except VCU were nail biters. They lost to UMASS by 1. I agree that we should be more prepared when we meet them again, and I would hope the rim rattlers they made today don't go in then. We had a few treys that looked good and went in and out, but the Loe 3 treys were freaking priceless. What a game by Rob. Isn't it nice how our team shares the spotlight. Let's have a great trip to Philly...VCU will be our next home foe and I have to believe Chaifetz will be packed.

For 38 minutes you had to feel like it was Santa Clara all over again

Not even close to Santa Clara. Santa Clara kicked our ass. It was almost a carbon copy of last year's Rhodey game, except that WE WON! Same scenario; low level conference foe hits everything they throw up and play like they have absolutely nothing to lose. I will also say that all the talk about the depth of the A-10 this year is spot on. I've seen every team play this year and there is no real dog in the bunch. I also do not think that GMU has given up on Paul Hewitt- they played extremely hard and looked in focus on all the time outs. That team will be tougher as the year goes on, and I hope they don't make it to the conference tournament because I wouldn't want to see them in Brooklyn.

For 38 minutes you had to feel like it was Santa Clara all over again

I agree with Band Legend. When the Bills lost to Santa Clara, they were never really in the game. It was definitely more reminiscent of the 2013 game against RI. That one also went to overtime, but the result was different.

Don't all 13 teams go to Brooklyn this year?

I believe that is correct.

Don't all 13 teams go to Brooklyn this year?

Yep. #12 and #13 play each other in the opening round game. Then 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, and 8-9 play and the winners play 1, 2, 3, & 4 in the 2nd round. They way things are going, if SLU finishes 1st and GMU last, then GMU would have to win 2 games before they would get a shot at SLU in the tournament.

I'm not sure if it is good or bad that SLU plays both Mason and Duquesne again during the regular season. They really struggled against both teams and didn't seem to match up well. Therefore, the prospect of playing them again is frightening. On the other hand, the Billikens may be pissed about how the 1st games went and be looking for revenge.