Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand letting them vent but does it seem odd that an Illini fan is talking about how much Ford won at Oklahoma St?  He had more success there than Groce has had at Illinois, plus he has a coach he's familiar with in Tate and a great friend in Goodwin.  Goodwin had a coach in Ford who got a recruit he compared him to in to the NBA.  Who has Groce coached into the NBA?

Just now, Illinifan24 said:

How do you figure? They always played a clean game. If not, they'd have had a lot more success in Chicago. I'll throw stones all day 

I know a former UIUC player who got a 6 figure deposit into a bank account. True story. 

@prepbullseye And now reports are that Tilmon won't sign at any point during the signing period. This is a situation that is begging for an investigation.

This clown had a tweet telling Illinois fans to calm down 30 seconds before Daniels posted that he isn't signing at all. So he follows up his tweet with the tweet above. He is about as much of an insider as Tilkowsky. 

I'm as excited as anyone, but not signing with Illinois doesn't necessarily equate to him ending up at SLU. Lot of things can happen between now and the spring and it likely isn't that hard to convince him to keep his options open in case groce gets fired.

2 minutes ago, For-DaLove said:

Exciting stuff. All signs pointed to this since Goodwin committed.

The only problem is that there's a good chance Tilmon won't qualify. Regardless, it would be a huge recruiting win further solidifying our stranglehold on the STL area.

If he qualifies for Illinois he'd qualify for SLU. 

9 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I'm as excited as anyone, but not signing with Illinois doesn't necessarily equate to him ending up at SLU. Lot of things can happen between now and the spring and it likely isn't that hard to convince him to keep his options open in case groce gets fired.

I agree with kshoe.  This doesn't mean that he is coming to SLU.  Teams like KY and Kan are still in the picture as is Illinois, if Groce makes it through this year, but we can hope!

According to ESPN's current recruit rankings for 2017 players, JT is ranked 37, JG is at 57.  Not having seen JT play, I wonder if he is a one-and-done player?  It would seem like the 37 ranking, might mean that he would be here at least 2 years, meaning he would have a year with CG.  Wouldn't that be fun to watch?  Can you picture a team with the 3 redshirting transfers, HF, JG, JT and CG, not to mention ZM and JJ.  If Tilmon does come to SLU, you all better get in line for season tickets, because the Fetz will be sold out every game.

I go back to my thread of a few weeks ago, about why can't we be a great program, like a 'Nova or Gonzaga!  I repeat, I think we can and I think TF is a coach that can get us there.

Pass the Kool-Aid^_^