Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SLU is showing interest in 6'7 Tuscaloosa forward Shamarkus Kennedy, a talented rebounder and one of the best shotblockers in this class. Was flying under the radar until the Bob Gibbons TOC last month.

Eugene German, a 5'10 point guard from Gary, IN with blow-by speed, will attend the SLU Elite basketball camp this weekend. A player to keep an eye on if one of our guards transfers this spring.

Appreciate the recruiting info. We need more of that and less obsession about Tatum. I hope Tatum comes to SLU for sure, but 99% of relevant info is out there. By comparison, there is still a lot of information about existing and potential recruits that would be interesting to hear. Thanks.

Appreciate the recruiting info. We need more of that and less obsession about Tatum. I hope Tatum comes to SLU for sure, but 99% of relevant info is out there. By comparison, there is still a lot of information about existing and potential recruits that would be interesting to hear. Thanks.

So true, AlumniFan. I also would like to hear about other potential recruits.

Excuse the amateur paint skills.

20140711-123809-45489772.jpg

Untitled_zpsbvprukim.png

What do you think about James wearing one of his Heat championship rings in that photo? Necessary? Cheap parting shot? Personally, I'm torn. It's like "hey, Cleveland, you're starving for a championship, but it's cool, just look at my ring(s). Also, I'm coming home if that's cool with you."

Harvard and Rice both have Top 50 commitments? Damn.

Offer Jordan Barnes.

Tommy Turtleneck is bringing in some very solid recruits to Cambridge, JMM28. Riding the wave of Linsanity to the top of the Ancient 8.

Harvard's not all that hard to understand. If you're smart enough to get considered, you know if you don't make the NBA you'll have that prestige degree as a backup plan. That said, my guess is Ol' Harvard may be stretching a few admission standards here and there for some of these kids, but that's just a guess. Who knows this kid could be the next Stephen Hawkings.

I don't get Rice since they've been a non factor for a lot of years when it comes to hoops. Good academics though.

Also, we should at least offer Giles.

You should e-mail coach Crews that. Tell him that you were watching a dvr'd basketball game from a few months ago on ESPN2 and you saw some kid named Harry Giles play and thought he'd likely be good enough to play for the Bills. Make sure you include that he's a bit of a hidden gem and that you're pretty sure if we offer we'll get him. I'd also tell him that if he's worried we don't have enough scholarships, Giles may be open to walking on with some sort of partial academic scholarship.

Harvard's not all that hard to understand. If you're smart enough to get considered, you know if you don't make the NBA you'll have that prestige degree as a backup plan. That said, my guess is Ol' Harvard may be stretching a few admission standards here and there for some of these kids, but that's just a guess. Who knows this kid could be the next Stephen Hawkings.

I don't get Rice since they've been a non factor for a lot of years when it comes to hoops. Good academics though.

Rice's coach is Mike Rhoades. He was Shaka's top assistant for a few years including the Final Four run. Pretty good recruiter.

Rice's coach is Mike Rhoades. He was Shaka's top assistant for a few years including the Final Four run. Pretty good recruiter.

Oh I under$tand now.

Kids usually love playing for CUSA teams that lose 20 games.

Oh I under$tand now.

Kids usually love playing for CUSA teams that lose 20 games.

The kid is from Houston and Rhoades has a relationship with the school he was attending in VA from his VCU days. I can't imagine a top recruit considering an A10 team in his hometown that lost 21 games.

You should e-mail coach Crews that. Tell him that you were watching a dvr'd basketball game from a few months ago on ESPN2 and you saw some kid named Harry Giles play and thought he'd likely be good enough to play for the Bills. Make sure you include that he's a bit of a hidden gem and that you're pretty sure if we offer we'll get him. I'd also tell him that if he's worried we don't have enough scholarships, Giles may be open to walking on with some sort of partial academic scholarship.

Giles does fit Crews' criteria for height so Crews must just not know about him.

Honestly though I'd throw an offer out there for Giles. It doesn't hurt and maybe Tatum is influential. It's an all time dream but it'd be awesome.

WTF? Why would it hurt to offer a kid who says he and our main target might want to be a combo package? I don't think we've got an ice cube's chance in hell to land him, but all he can say is no or ignore it totally. It's a letter and a stamp.