2014 Recruit

TRN

From this article it looks like we will be offering Marcus Bartley from Decatur, IL, on June 2nd.

http://herald-review.com/blogs/hr_preps/what-macarthur-does-have-w-bartley-update/article_0ee1a410-b08f-11e2-ac62-001a4bcf887a.html

Could you please post this on the "Recruiting" thread. We need to continue to grow it. That is where all recruiting related topics need to go. The transfer list thread also should have been posted there. Thank you.

expressed interest are: Iowa, Stanford, Georgia Tech, St. Louis, DePaul, Tennessee, Georgetown, Wichita State, Indiana State, Loyola, Wright State, Bucknell, Notre Dame, and Missouri. hmm at 6'2 he has nice size.

Could you please post this on the "Recruiting" thread. We need to continue to grow it. That is where all recruiting related topics need to go. The transfer list thread also should have been posted there. Thank you.

A thread will either grow on it's own or it won't. We don't need any threads that look like they were trained by backhand.

We should put all offers on the clock. We show up, make an offer and give you 15 minutes to accept. 20 minutes if you are a foreign player as you have a bit more to consider or maybe foreign players should get less time as mooching an education of hard working Americans should be a gimme.

We are foucking SLU. We've won a game in the tourney 2 years in a row. Kevin Lisch played here and it's already been proven that there are girls just waiting for the train. Either realize our greatness or get the fouck out.

We should put all offers on the clock. We show up, make an offer and give you 15 minutes to accept. 20 minutes if you are a foreign player as you have a bit more to consider or maybe foreign players should get less time as mooching an education of hard working Americans should be a gimme.

We are foucking SLU. We've won a game in the tourney 2 years in a row. Kevin Lisch played here and it's already been proven that there are girls just waiting for the train. Either realize our greatness or get the fouck out.

if skip has a hall of fame, this post should be in it.

This post is classic and i dont even know how to respond to it! I will save this one for years to come!

Given his list of offers already, I assume our staff wouldn't be offering him if they didn't think we had a chance.

I don't know much about how the mechanics of college basketball recruiting works. Is there a hard limit on the number of offers you can give out?

If there is no limit it would seem to me that SLU should offer anyone who they remotely have a chance of getting that has talent to be a star at SLU and has good character. The worst that can happen is that a kid who is probably out of our league anyways turns us down. Best case a highly touted recruit who you didn't think you really had a shot at decides to take a look at SLU because you offered and they end up as a Billiken.

I don't know much about how the mechanics of college basketball recruiting works. Is there a hard limit on the number of offers you can give out?

If there is no limit it would seem to me that SLU should offer anyone who they remotely have a chance of getting that has talent to be a star at SLU and has good character. The worst that can happen is that a kid who is probably out of our league anyways turns us down. Best case a highly touted recruit who you didn't think you really had a shot at decides to take a look at SLU because you offered and they end up as a Billiken.

-I don't think there is a limit to the number of offers you can make

-I think among the bad things that could happen with a great number of offers out there is a player who has interest and asks 'how many other offers have you given?" or "how many offers out there for my position?" and the answers come back a big number and turns off the player, don't know if it happens, just a thought of what could happen

i think the danger of "offer everyone" comes into play when you run out and then a high number of potential recruits lose out that thought they seriously had a deal. i would think the advisors to those recruits would be upset and then use that against us in the future. nothing wrong with offering a couple/few extra, with the caveat first come first serve, but a bunch would probably end up burning us in reputation and credibility.

i think the danger of "offer everyone" comes into play when you run out and then a high number of potential recruits lose out that thought they seriously had a deal. i would think the advisors to those recruits would be upset and then use that against us in the future. nothing wrong with offering a couple/few extra, with the caveat first come first serve, but a bunch would probably end up burning us in reputation and credibility.

Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Add Chicago forward Josh Cunningham to the list of 2014 prospects we have been in contact with. He has a long list of school that have offered or recently contacted him, including Oklahoma, Iowa, DePaul, SPUMAC, Iowa State

2014 SF/PF Malek Harris (IL) picked up an offer.

Guys with offers I know of:

Larry Austin Jr.

Josh Cunningham

Malek Harris

JP Macura

The 2014 class will be huge for Crews

2014 SF/PF Malek Harris (IL) picked up an offer.

Guys with offers I know of:

Larry Austin Jr.

Josh Cunningham

Malek Harris

JP Macura

The 2014 class will be huge for Crews

Add - Ore Arogundade

Scott Burgess ‏@scott_chihoops 1m

St. Viator 2014 Ore Arogundade @OreAro_23 picks up offer from St. Louis University #SLU #Billikins

Same AAU team as Malek Harris I think.