Scheduling Thoughts

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the MWC was grossly over-rated.

And we lost to teams like Rhode Island and Xavier who were nowhere near as good as some of the mwc schools, no matter how over rated you may believe they were.

As for more pressing matters, when do we find out the actual schedule?

Usually late August.

Any chance we hear earlier this season? Maybe not the whole thing, but how about non-conference? Mizzou's non-conference schedule has been published in the P-D today, and there are three headlines (1 announcement, 2 analysis) in the sports section headlines. This isn't unique; there have been articles about other team and conference schedules in other cities this summer, too, I've noticed. Maybe that's because the SEC and others were pushing for tougher schedules to boost the RPI, and therefore, NCAA Tournament bids.

I'd love to have a better idea of our schedule this season before the end of August or beginning of September. Gives me some road trips to look forward to in the offseason.

So updating what RUBillsFan had, we should probably remove Vandy and Wichita State for now:

2013-2014 Schedule:

11/21 vs. Bowling Green - 274, Presbyterian - 340, Georgia Southern - 266, or Oral Roberts - 151 (Cancun Challenge, home sites)

11/23 vs. Bowling Green - 274, Presbyterian - 340, Georgia Southern - 266, or Oral Roberts - 151 (Cancun Challenge, home sites)

11/26 @ Wisconsin - 32 (Cancun Challenge, Cancun, Mexico)

11/26 @ West Virginia - 146 or Old Dominion - 318 (Cancun Challenge, Cancun, Mexico)

12/18 vs. Indiana State - 74

Dates TBD:

@ Valpo - 58

@ SIUC - 192

@ SIUE - 304 (if the 2-for-1 has the road game second)

We know we have at least 3 more buy games at home TBA.

So top 3:

Wisconsin - 32

Valpo - 58

Indiana St - 74

For reference SLU 2012-13 top 5 RPI opponents:

New Mexico - 2

Kansas - 5

Valpo - 58

Washington - 88

Santa Clara - 101

According to Timmerman, "SLU is reportedly in the process of finalizing home-and-home series with Wichita State and Vanderbilt, one of which would start at SLU this season.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-s-conference-opponents-are-set/article_777a974b-d0b3-5976-88a3-b395c3b76186.html

As long as Timmerman's source for this information isn't this board that will be good news.

http://www.kansas.com/2013/06/11/2843147/wichita-state-notes-mens-basketball.html

Nothing about SLU in this article, which makes it seem unlikely that Wichita State series is happening.

There is this:

"One game, against an unnamed but well-known opponent on the road, is close to final and Boatright is willing to hold out through the summer for the final spot."

Hopefully that unnamed but well-known opponent is us.

According to Timmerman, "SLU is reportedly in the process of finalizing home-and-home series with Wichita State and Vanderbilt, one of which would start at SLU this season.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-s-conference-opponents-are-set/article_777a974b-d0b3-5976-88a3-b395c3b76186.html

As long as Timmerman's source for this information isn't this board that will be good news.

Ha, nice. Thanks. I got too impatient - by one day.