Recruiting - 2013

Because 6'3" point guards that play defense are falling out of the sky and landing at SLU?

How do you know he plays great defense? Based on his highlight video where he steals the ball againts midgets and goes in for uncontested dunks? I am confident we will find a point guard in the fall with better offers than Miami (OH) and LSU. I don't care if they are 6-3. I would take another KM, JJ or MM caliber player.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know he plays great defense? Based on his highlight video where he steals the ball againts midgets and goes in for uncontested dunks? I am confident we will find a point guard in the fall with better offers than Miami (OH) and LSU. I don't care if they are 6-3. I would take another KM, JJ or MM caliber player.

Didn't say he played great d, but the kid stated he likes to play D. Seems like you're bashing the kid's ability because he's taking his time making a decision. He's doing the smart thing and it's not too different than what many of us do when we look for our next job.

The kid looks like a good talent, has good size and said he likes to play D. On paper and video, he looks like a good get for SLU. There's no guarantee with any recruit. And what does it matter who has offered him? Glad we didn't follow that strategy with Conklin.

Randy O has delayed and delayed his decision. I think it's pretty clear he is looking for a "name" BCS school to offer. He visited SLU on APRIL 11! Shortly after that he visited Miami (Oh) and then gave a "final" 3. However, he's now adding schools, both of whom just so happen to be BCS schools.

I'd love for SLU to grab him, but it wouldn't shock me if he committed to LSU this weekend.

I think I see his problem. He stays up nights worrying about the existence of dog. Kinda explains it all, doesn't it?

I just wonder if there is some totally off the radar name that is going to be announced for the fourth scholarship, maybe a European kid or someone from down under. It could be that the COACHING STAFF and not the known recruits are the ones slowing this down...

Greetings guys, new to the board, the twitterverse, and back following the Billikens since I live in the middle of A-10 country. SLU Class of 01'

Quick question, this Ben guy (I would assume he is a member of this forum), is he legit? Who is he? The reason I ask is it seems like he made an impulsive response over Jared Drew being let go. He said something along the lines of "...makes SLU look bad" or something like that. In looking over twitter, many of our "Recruits" are following him (or were). Seems like it wasn't a wise response in that these kids are finicky over stuff like this and could have influenced the silence and lack of recent commits. Hopefully by 5 we see a new recruit but if not, I think folks need to recognize that this is a MEN's basketball program that is attempting to grow into a Top Tier D1 program and relax on decisions made by the staff. Still alot of info left out over Drew. I say support the program.

Anyway, just curious.

Cheers from Jersey!

Greetings guys, new to the board, the twitterverse, and back following the Billikens since I live in the middle of A-10 country. SLU Class of 01'

Quick question, this Ben guy (I would assume he is a member of this forum), is he legit? Who is he? The reason I ask is it seems like he made an impulsive response over Jared Drew being let go. He said something along the lines of "...makes SLU look bad" or something like that. In looking over twitter, many of our "Recruits" are following him (or were). Seems like it wasn't a wise response in that these kids are finicky over stuff like this and could have influenced the silence and lack of recent commits. Hopefully by 5 we see a new recruit but if not, I think folks need to recognize that this is a MEN's basketball program that is attempting to grow into a Top Tier D1 program and relax on decisions made by the staff. Still alot of info left out over Drew. I say support the program.

Anyway, just curious.

Cheers from Jersey!

hes pretty legit.

And we were able to sign Lancona and Agbeko. You win some; you lose some.

this is true, I think we got a little to spoiled and or ahead of ourselves, and now we think we can get who ever when ever we want.

hes pretty legit.

He is legit, but I do think he handled the Drew situation pretty poorly. He regularly tweets with Jared Drew's father, which likely clouded his judgment. I agree that he shouldn't have made a comment one way or another.

Although I don't subscribe to his site I appreciate his willingness to generate content about the Billikens. He definitely reads this board and I think we've given him more than a few "leads."

Greetings guys, new to the board, the twitterverse, and back following the Billikens since I live in this he middle of A-10 country. SLU Class of 01'

Anyway, just curious.

Cheers from Jersey!

He isn't a message board poster, at least not anymore. He writes for Scout.com and has a subscription site. He spoke to Drew directly and got his side of the story.

Anyway, just curious.

Cheers from Jersey!

He is legit. He seems to have some sources with the SLU athletic department and often talks directly with recruits.

Ben is a SLU alum and former U News writer who started his own A-10 recruiting blog (Heard This Blog or something) after graduation. Shortly after establishing the blog, he took over the BillikenReport.com site which is part of the Scout.com network. He used to post on this forum during the Heard This days. After he went behind the pay wall with the Scout network and was lambasted for promoting it here, he stopped posting. While he provides good SLU content, he is not a really SLU fan and in my opinion often goes out of his way to appear "unbiased" sometimes to the point of being overly critical of SLU as was the case with the Drew situation. He seemingly feels the need to show is unbiased because he is a SLU alum and I believe his dad also works for SLU.