C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell would Dayton go in before us? If the 2 Mill buy out is an issue for us why not them? We ought to be a hotter commodity after the run this year......

Geography? We are the western expansion phase. I dont mind waiting a year if we are in.

DU makes more sense than CU for geography. What doesn't make sense is the 1 year waiting period for us and CU. Why not do it all at once? I guess their thinking is baby steps. I just hope we get a firm commit tht we are in for the '14-'15 season.

I wonder if this 10 team conf idea is just what the coaches/ADs keep trotting out since we have heard from early on that this is what they really prefer. My guess is that this group is easier access for sports writers then Presidents of universities. It may be that what is taking so long to announce is the actual framework for a 12 team conf. We have all heard that Fox wants a 12 team league so this is not new info but I was talking to someone a few weeks ago who is reasonably well connected locally with other power brokers and I was told something else that added credence to a 12 team conf. and the Fox influence. I was asked not to share it with anyone so I won't. My point for even saying this now is to point out that there is a lot of moving parts here that most of us or even those who think they are connected back east would not necessarily know such as from the business end. At this point this whole situation is driving me crazy as it is others but all we can do is what we have been doing and that is keeping our ears to the ground and fingers crossed.

I wonder if this 10 team conf idea is just what the coaches/ADs keep trotting out since we have heard from early on that this is what they really prefer. My guess is that this group is easier access for sports writers then Presidents of universities. It may be that what is taking so long to announce is the actual framework for a 12 team conf. We have all heard that Fox wants a 12 team league so this is not new info but I was talking to someone a few weeks ago who is reasonably well connected locally with other power brokers and I was told something else that added credence to a 12 team conf. and the Fox influence. I was asked not to share it with anyone so I won't. My point for even saying this now is to point out that there is a lot of moving parts here that most of us or even those who think they are connected back east would not necessarily know such as from the business end. At this point this whole situation is driving me crazy as it is others but all we can do is what we have been doing and that is keeping our ears to the ground and fingers crossed.

This confirms Boytoy's power broker comments.

But he accomplished his goal of doubling the his number of followers from 10 to 20.

Exactly. I saw nothing from Weixelmann or Timmerman on twitter so I knew that tweet meant nothing but false hope.

Makes perfect sense for the BE schools travel-wise. Less so for SLU of course. Still, I think this would be a great outcome though that year would be a tough one to wait out. I think the speculation that it comes with some OOC games is probably a smart one. I betcha the BE schools throw SLU and Creighton a Georgetown or Villanova type game to make the year a little less painful.

Makes perfect sense for the BE schools travel-wise. Less so for SLU of course. Still, I think this would be a great outcome though that year would be a tough one to wait out. I think the speculation that it comes with some OOC games is probably a smart one. I betcha the BE schools throw SLU and Creighton a Georgetown or Villanova type game to make the year a little less painful.

That makes both SLU and CU look like charity cases, which is not the case at all. If the BE didn't think that either university had the budget allotment to travel, they wouldn't even be on their radar.

Hope this is true - does this guy have any creds?

Yes he does have cred.....He is one of the best connected to BE/C7 and checks sources..... Been around a long time. Not infallible but usually good info.

First off, you can't believe everything you read so who knows if this NY Post article is true. It basically flies in the face of everything we have been hearing about Creighton being #10 for the past two weeks. It doesn't make financial sense given the relative buyouts of the MVC vs. A-10 so it really is a head scratcher particularly when you think about the fact that the two teams most likely to be good next year (SLU and Creighton if McDermmott comes back) will be left behind for a year while Butler and Xavier are fringe NCAA tourney teams and Dayton is a fringe NIT team next season.

If it is true then I say good. I'll take the guarantee of being in in 2014 over the uncertainty at this point. One year will not make or break anything and we'll be able to recruit for the Big East.

From Brett McMurphy's Twitter:

Question: @McMurphyESPN Any news on Dayton and SLU for 12? Chance of that happening?

Answer: @K_Boy Most likely not until 2014
Question: @McMurphyESPN Are Dayton and St.Louis solid as 11 & 12? That would mean Xavier ends up in East? Or could they go to 14 with VCU/Richmond/BU
Answer: @banditFFX Yes. And doubtful they would go past 12
Question: @McMurphyESPN @banditFFX Assume the "yes" is Dayton and St. Louis solid as 11 and 12? Will they be announced with B, X, & C?
Answer: @TomEggemeier unknown. Looks like Fox only wants/needs 10 team league in '13; before going to 12 in '14

X and Dayton are travel buddies (butt buddies??....similar to an OK and OK St.) This arrangement makes it easier for C7 in the 1st year which is their main concern . Reminds me of Louisville being leftover with the dregs of the Big East for 2013 before they make their move to the ACC. It is all part of conference transitioning. It is neither smooth nor clean. In the long term, it will work out and be good.

Enjoy the ride now....and next year should be another good one even with a watered down A-10.

Maybe we could bring back the old Midwestern Cities Conference schools. Oklahoma City University and Oral Roberts in the house! I can live with this!

Sutton don't sit me right about playin' a toothbrush school like Oral Bob.

Sutton don't sit me right about playin' a toothbrush school like Oral Bob.

One of my favorite Bob Ramsey moments of all time is when he was reviewing the injury report for ORU on our pre-game show and advised that it might be worthwhile for Oral to come down and do some quick healing on his team so that they could be at full strength against us.

One of my favorite Bob Ramsey moments of all time is when he was reviewing the injury report for ORU on our pre-game show and advised that it might be worthwhile for Oral to come down and do some quick healing on his team so that they could be at full strength against us.

HAHAHAH! +100

That's classic. Rammer the Evangelist.