Bracketology

Billiken75

We have four realistic chances of being within driving distance from St. Louis.:

If we end at a 6 seed, we could draw Lexington (East).

If we end at a 5 seed, we could end up in KC. (West).

If we get a 4 seed, we could get KC again (West).

If we get a 3 seed, we could be in Lexington again. (East)

I really hope that throughout the rest of the season we move up a little, because we could easily win out the regular season and if we do well in the A10 Tournament we could climb even higher. I could realistically see us at a 3 seed.

I know that I'd be driving up to any of those that I mentioned, anybody else plan on going?

4 or 5 seed in KC would be ideal (short of being higher). We would have a huge crowd there. The team has already played two games in the Sprint Center this season, and, presumably, would have a slight advantage with comfort level there.

Not to be a downer, but there are other possibilities. We could be a 3, 6, or 7 in Lexington. We could end up in KC as a 4. 5. or 7.

Keep in mind that Dayton is only about 5 1/2 hours away (4 1/2 if you drive as fast as I did to Indianapolis last weekend). Dayton has two 8-9 games.

Assuming the top teams hold, in terms of home-court advantage based on fan travel, the first-round sites this year are going to make it hard to pick against Michigan and Michigan State (Auburn Hills), Indiana (Dayton), Louisville (Lexington), Gonzaga (Salt Lake City), Kansas and K-State (KC), or Georgetown (Philly). Duke has a little farther to go to get to Philly but I would think it will still be a fairly friendly site. Miami has nowhere close.

Lexington or Dayton would be ideal for me; I wouldn't even have to get a hotel since they're so close to Cincy. I'd also drive to Detroit for sure. Philly and KC are both in the 9-hour range, though. Less certain about those.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pistol" data-cid="346747" data-time="1361910839"><p>

Lexington or Dayton would be ideal for me; I wouldn't even have to get a hotel since they're so close to Cincy. I'd also drive to Detroit for sure. Philly and KC are both in the 9-hour range, though. Less certain about those.</p></blockquote>

Got people to stay with in both places and already gave them a heads up that if the Bills are coming then I am as well! Conveniently it is over spring break...

We have four realistic chances of being within driving distance from St. Louis.:

If we end at a 6 seed, we could draw Lexington (East).

If we end at a 5 seed, we could end up in KC. (West).

If we get a 4 seed, we could get KC again (West).

If we get a 3 seed, we could be in Lexington again. (East)

I really hope that throughout the rest of the season we move up a little, because we could easily win out the regular season and if we do well in the A10 Tournament we could climb even higher. I could realistically see us at a 3 seed.

I know that I'd be driving up to any of those that I mentioned, anybody else plan on going?

Absolutely!!!! No matter where it is.

details? the travel crew has gained forced since then. security couldn't contain it

Elwood: "...we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

05: "Hit it."

I thought seeds weren't tied to sites.

Correct. Doesn't matter what seed we are. We could play anywhere in the first round.

The committee is supposed to try to give the top 4 seeds in each region a game close to home in the first 2 rounds but there is nothing set in stone.

Just to prove my point check out the differences in sites between the CBS and ESPN brackets. Some are the same but the committee can set it up however they want

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology